It was a sad day with the trailer today...

sirenia88

You are a Toy car!
Hello Disboarders...

May we bow our heads in a moment of silence as another trailer has fallen to the affliction known as winterizing. Water was removed from it's veins as the wallet saving fluid was pumped to the faucets and all points of outlet. Down the drain it went to protect those who protect it. Bedding and other washables were removed from the body and all things were checked for a long winter slumber. May warmer times come in which the pink fluid will be replaced with the a clear liquid. A happier time will commence.

Amen...

In all seriousness the new trailer is fine. This is my normal end of season with it. In the past we have done Disney into the November but even then, I would have winterized the trailer prior to leaving the fort and use the rest area or campground facilities as needed.

Alan, dude:

You're in New Jersey. It's time to winterize.

We are going camping a day or two after Christmas from Alabama to central Florida.

No pink fluid (or blown water lines) for me yet. But when we get back, yes we will.

Bama Ed

PS - and yes, I will post plenty of pix.

Last edited:
I drained the lines and water heater last weekend, but we are toying with one more trip. I was contemplating next weekend, but the high on Saturday is only going to be in the 40s. 70 tomorrow. Fall in the Midwest. No forecast to be below freezing for the next 10 days or so, but it is coming soon. Friends are going camping Nov 10th weekend. That's really pushing it around here.

j

Alan, dude:

You're in New Jersey. It's time to winterize.

We are going camping a day or two after Christmas from Alabama to central Florida.

No pink fluid (or blown water lines) for me yet. But when we get back, yes we will.

Bama Ed

PS - and yes, I will post plenty of pix.

The temps have been pushing near freezing for about a week or so now. When we were coming back from our last trip, the starting temp was in the 40s we drove through the mountains and the temps dropped out to 33 per the truck. When we got to storage lot it was back in the 40s. The last trip was the first time we used the heat in the new trailer. Nothing like trying to clear the new furnace smell out of the trailer. :D

I drained the lines and water heater last weekend, but we are toying with one more trip. I was contemplating next weekend, but the high on Saturday is only going to be in the 40s. 70 tomorrow. Fall in the Midwest. No forecast to be below freezing for the next 10 days or so, but it is coming soon. Friends are going camping Nov 10th weekend. That's really pushing it around here.

j

I'm thinking if the Winter is on the dry side, there might be an opportunity for a quick weekend trip. When I was younger, my parents and I would going camping in the dead of winter in the motor home. It was really fun time. Usually it would be the end of January at my uncles place or a local state park. So who knows. It's going to depend on weather and lot conditions where the trailer is stored. Look RV antifreeze is cheap and easy to do. I had the new trailer's lines done in about 25 minutes. New procedure so I did the unthinkable. I read the manual to make sure I was getting the juice to the right places.

Daniel is winterizing this week. Sad.

j

The temps have been pushing near freezing for about a week or so now. When we were coming back from our last trip, the starting temp was in the 40s we drove through the mountains and the temps dropped out to 33 per the truck. When we got to storage lot it was back in the 40s. ...

... Look RV antifreeze is cheap and easy to do. I had the new trailer's lines done in about 25 minutes. New procedure so I did the unthinkable. I read the manual to make sure I was getting the juice to the right places.
READ THE MANUAL! You read the manual , you need to turn in your man can immediately. Okay right after me then. Not only did I read the manual for the coach but for each of the appliances as well IE Ice maker and Fridge, Washer dryer, water heater, and the gravity and macerator toilets. Worse yet I found that Tiffin has in instructural video on You Tube for how to do it that I watched (I am ashamed to admit ) more than once.

Worse yet I found that Tiffin has in instructural video on You Tube for how to do it that I watched (I am ashamed to admit ) more than once.
You tube is your friend. I looked for a video on how to remove the front grill on my truck when I installed the HID headlights. It was pretty straight forward when you realize the grill has to come off to replace the lamps, but I have removed a lot of things I didn't need to while trying to reverse engineer something.

j

Ahh the ritual of the pink stuff, well that has been completed. Now if the yard either dries out or freezes I can move the trailer down to the pad. All that is left then will be to plug her in for her long winter nap.

I'm putting off the pink for another week. This weekend is shaping up a bit. Now upper 50s and sun are the forecast, so we'll be making one last trip out to central IL. It's been a long time since I camped into November.

j

Last edited:
In the last 12 months Frank has had 5 surgeries. Hopefully all done and ready to retire in 2020.

Oh wow. Tell the man I said to get well soon. Hate to hear about the surgeries but good on the retirement. You guys gonna make Dismeet in 2020 then?

Hopefully Frank is doing well and done with surgeries. Let us know, I think we could put a team together and get you back on the road if ya needed it. :thumbsup2

Oh wow. Tell the man I said to get well soon. Hate to hear about the surgeries but good on the retirement. You guys gonna make Dismeet in 2020 then?

He has 2 "new" shoulders, left knee, left hand and an interior remodel I won't name. Hopefully we will make the Fort Dismeet, if I can get over the new pricing.

Hopefully Frank is doing well and done with surgeries. Let us know, I think we could put a team together and get you back on the road if ya needed it. :thumbsup2
Thanks for the offer. Very kind, campers are great people.

I frequently find myself quite green with envy, at this time of year, for those who live in the southern portions of the state. Due to a last-minute cancellation of our one fall weekend trip, our last time out was in mid-August, and we won't be able to pull her out again until May. Even in a good year, we are winterized for 6-7 months. We dream of the days we will be able to haul south in the winter and spend a few weeks camping while there's a foot of snow on the ground at home - but with our youngest in 4th grade, it's going to be a while!

I had to do the evil deed yesterday after getting back from camping. It is going to be below freezing this weekend and I don't see another chance to get out this year. It was raining yesterday and forecast to rain today, so the cover will have to wait. Then it is off for a long Winter sleep.

We did meet a couple while camping this weekend. Michigan plates, newish TT with Gold Wing in the back of the truck. They said they both retired 2 weeks ago and are heading to Arizona to spend the next 5 months. Can you say jealous?

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter