It was a Horror-ible, and then Not-So-Scary (but exhausting!), October/NovTrip!! Completed 3/13!!!

I missed them, too! And like you, I can't justify the purchase of another Dooney unless I'm 100% in love with it. I hate how people buy them up and then mark them up on Ebay...

It's really okay, I shouldn't be spending anymore money on myself right now, anyway! And maybe something even better will come along by the time my April trip rolls around. I do think these things are easier to purchase in the parks.

Yum! So glad you had such a good meal here! Everything looked amazing.

We will definitely be returning here!

I hate when this happens. I ate leftover wedding cake for breakfast more than once, so no judgement here!

You got jipped out of eating your cake at your wedding, so I don't blame you!

This is super cute!

While we were eating, we got the text from BLT that our room was ready. We got up to our room at about 2:30 and I was so anxious to see if we got the area I had requested. Well, did I???

Did I EVER!!
viewpano.jpg

I had reserved a Lake View Studio, and put in a request for an even numbered room, North side, high floor, and that's EXACTLY what we got. This room has the added bonus of also having a MK view, without using so many points :worship:It was just PERFECT! It actually made me sad that we would only be spending one night here :sad:

I had to stand there admiring the view for a bit :love:

Looking to the right…
view2.jpg

Looking to the left…

Zoomed out…
view3.jpg

Zoomed in a little...
view1.jpg

Zoomed in a lot…
view5.jpg

And, of course, my selfie-view :laughing:
selfieview.jpg

When I could drag myself away from the view, I finally went in to take some inside pics before we messed it up!

bly8206-2.jpg

room1.jpg

room2.jpg

room3.jpg

I have read that the studios at BLT are really small (compared to other studios), but we found it was just the right size for two of us, and honestly, if I had to, I could stay there for a week even with 4 people, though I would seriously miss the second bathroom in the 1-bedroom.

More awesome room pics in next post

CLICK HERE FOR NEXT POST

Last edited:
Sadly, we didn't get to spend too much time in this awesome room. By 3:30 we started making our way to he MK for MNSSHP

Mike and I talked about getting costumes and dressing up for the party. I don't know if we actually decided against it, or if we we just too lazy to plan anything and just ran out of time. The result ends up being the same, I guess :rotfl: So my Jack Skellington shirt and Minnie ears it is!
bltout2.jpg

The BEST part of staying at BLT...
walkway.jpg
It's even better now that they have the security on the walkway and once you get to the MK, you just swipe your band and walk in :P

The moment I had been waiting for! Ah, pumpkin Mickey, you are a sight for sore eyes :love:
mickeypumpkin.jpg

Our pumpkin selfie. Thanks God the weather had warmed up and the rest of our trip it was in the 80s and nice and sunny …just perfect:cloud9:
kandmselfie.jpg pumpkins.jpg mnsshp.jpg

I had a couple fastpasses made, but there was one thing I really wanted to do…meet Jack & Sally. I heard that they meet over in Liberty Square and that you need to line up early to meet them, so that's the first place we headed

CLICK HERE FOR NEXT POST

Last edited:

I definitely don't want to offend anyone who loves HHN, and it is really well-done, but it is definitely not for me. However, I am glad I went to see for myself since it has always been something I've wanted to do.

good to know! Doesn't seem like my kind of thing either, I never watch horror movies, but maybe one year I will try and experience this!

mk-jpg.287398

Yay! It felt so good to finally be here!

LOVE that feeling going under the arches!

I couldn't stop smiling, I was just so happy to be back…
cc2-jpg.287396

Lovely picture! You have the Disney glow!

hat-box-jpg.287569

I even toyed with the idea of trying on some dresses because they are oh, SO CUTE! My practical side won out and I ultimately decided that I would never wear these at home, and when I'm in WDW I don't really wear dresses, so I didn't even bother trying them on. But they are so, so cute :love: Here are a couple I would have tried on if I was going to...
ct2-jpg.287572

cherry-tree-jpg.287573

I loved these as well but I never wear dresses like this either! It's more of a Chunkysis thing. Although I kinda wich I got the Small World print dress...that one was possibly worth getting but dont' think they sell it anymore.

I also toyed with the idea of getting a new Dooney, and thought about these…
hm-dooney-jpg.287579

dooney-jpg.287571

tiana-dooney-jpg.287570

I especially love the Tiana bag since I feel that her and I are kindred spirits and I find her so inspiring. She's definitely not afraid of a little hard work to get what she wants and when I am working my butt off and picking up extra shifts and overtime, I sing "Almost There," to myself! It takes the sting out of working crazy 12 hour shifts 50-60 hours/week :crazy2:

So cute. I also thought about a new Dooney, but the only one I actually wanted was the Pirate ones but they are pretty much gone I think. I also never use my dooneys. They are too stiff for me, and I like slouchy bags because I can throw all my stuff in. Dooneys are so cute to look at though!!

Anyway, I didn't end up getting a Dooney this trip because I wasn't 100% dying for one. However, they just recently released the Christmas Dooney and I for sure would have gotten one…they are SO CUTE! Alas, I missed that boat since they sold out in like two seconds flat and I wasn't on the app in time :sad1: And I refuse to pay the Ebay people because I am infuriated that they buy all of these to just turn around and charge a higher price. I'd rather go without than let them make a penny off of me :furious:

I hear ya. I really wanted an all-black star wars version they had a few years ago but I procrastinated and now they are all gone or selling for ridiculous amounts on ebay. so sad.

The only thing I ended up getting in the co-op was a candle that smelled JUST like the Bay Lake Tower lobby…yum! I got one for myself and one for my mom and I love it. It's officially Green Clover Aloe and I was burning it a lot, but I put it away when all the Christmas candles came out.

Oh cool! I didn't know they sold candle scents of Disney hotels!

• Bunch of Puppies - House-made hushpuppies served with pimento cheese and red jalapeño jelly - $10.00
home4-jpg.287592

These look amazing!

I always want to get these but we're never hungry enough for apps. Eggs are so filling!

We ate every last puppy and egg and we were both getting full by the time our actual meals came. This is why I would never get the DXDP on a regular basis, because I rarely get appetizers since they fill me up too much before dinner, but I would have gotten these with or without the DxDP, so in this case, good deal :thumbsup2

Yeah us too, seems like too much food and we like to graze throughout the day too.

• Art's Famous Fried Chicken - Buttermilk-brined for 24 hours then perfectly fried and served with creamy mashed potatoes, cheddar drop biscuits, and love - $28.00

• home-9-jpg.287588

yum was so close to getting this but go the one with the doughnuts instead. I'd get this next time.

RIED CHICKEN CHOPPED SALAD-Mixed greens, egg, heirloom cherry tomatoes and cucumber tossed with icebox dressing, cheddar biscuit croutons and fresh herbs | 18
home7-jpg.287589

Looks great too!

We both loved our meals and hands down, think it was our favorite meal of the whole trip! Mike is still talking about it and has even texted me from work because he was telling his co-workers about it (but, of course, couldn't remember the name of the restaurant :laughing:).

I can see why!

Hummingbird Cake

Pineapple-Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting, Served with a Scoop of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
hu-cake-jpg.287608

I really wanted to try this but with us too, it always goes to waste. I eat 3 bites of cake and I'm done.

but then THIS happened…
shop-2-jpg.287613

This is hilarious!!

Cute picture!! You look adorable!

Did I EVER!!
viewpano-jpg.288301

I had reserved a Lake View Studio, and put in a request for an even numbered room, North side, high floor, and that's EXACTLY what we got. This room has the added bonus of also having a MK view, without using so many points :worship:It was just PERFECT! It actually made me sad that we would only be spending one night here :sad:

OMG perfect view!!

I love your view of Space Mountain!

I love how the kitchenette actually is in it's own alcove like a full kitchen! That's awesome!

I love that walkway between MK and the Contemporary. We've only used it for Chef Mickey's, but someday I'd love to be able to stay there!!

Rob and I are actually going to Disney's Countdown to Midnight on NYE this year...it says you must board your bus at 12:15, but I keep wondering if maybe we could sneak over to MK even though it would be closing very shortly after (and even though it will BE INSANE). But, we'll be so close.....

Lovely picture! You have the Disney glow!

They should bottle that…I'd buy it!

It's more of a Chunkysis thing

I was thinking of her when I was in that store!

I also never use my dooneys. They are too stiff for me, and I like slouchy bags because I can throw all my stuff in. Dooneys are so cute to look at though!!

TBH, I don't usually carry a purse, either! But I NEED more!

I hear ya. I really wanted an all-black star wars version they had a few years ago but I procrastinated and now they are all gone or selling for ridiculous amounts on ebay. so sad.

So annoying :furious:

Oh cool! I didn't know they sold candle scents of Disney hotels!

The guy who was putting them out said they barely hit the shelves before they sell out. I've seen them online, too, but this is the first one I've actually bought.

yum was so close to getting this but go the one with the doughnuts instead. I'd get this next time.

That's funny, Mike was torn between this and the doughnut one too and went with this!

Cute picture!! You look adorable!

Thanks!

I love that walkway between MK and the Contemporary. We've only used it for Chef Mickey's, but someday I'd love to be able to stay there!!

Rob and I are actually going to Disney's Countdown to Midnight on NYE this year...it says you must board your bus at 12:15, but I keep wondering if maybe we could sneak over to MK even though it would be closing very shortly after (and even though it will BE INSANE). But, we'll be so close.....

I don't care what people think of the decor of The CR/BLT (though I happen to think it's really nice), that walkway is worth it's weight in gold.

How awesome is it that you get to spend NYE in WDW?!! I'll be in bed by 9 because I have to work on New Year's Day :sad:

Is the Countdown to Midnight at The CR?

How awesome is it that you get to spend NYE in WDW?!! I'll be in bed by 9 because I have to work on New Year's Day :sad:

Is the Countdown to Midnight at The CR?

It is seriously the craziest most crowded day ever (which we have survived twice!), but there is just some real magic in the air! Sorry you have to work on New Year's Day :(

Yes, it is and outrageously expensive! BUT I earned a $500 stipend for a ridiculous project I helped my principal with last year, and I gladly handed it back over to Disney so I could go to this event!! :) Now that I mention it.....I still need to figure out what to wear!!

Your room view is beautiful! How lucky that you were given a room where you asked for.

The BEST part of staying at BLT...
walkway-jpg.288329

This would be amazing!

Our pumpkin selfie. Thanks God the weather had warmed up and the rest of our trip it was in the 80s and nice and sunny …just perfect:cloud9:
kandmselfie-jpg.288327

Cute! I loooove the fall decor! So nice that you had beautiful weather for most of your trip!

It is seriously the craziest most crowded day ever (which we have survived twice!), but there is just some real magic in the air! Sorry you have to work on New Year's Day :(

Yes, it is and outrageously expensive! BUT I earned a $500 stipend for a ridiculous project I helped my principal with last year, and I gladly handed it back over to Disney so I could go to this event!! :) Now that I mention it.....I still need to figure out what to wear!!

I just looked it up and it looks amazing! Great use of your stipend!

How lucky that you were given a room where you asked for.

That's the first time that's happened :goodvibes

Found your TR and following along! Your view from BLT was amazing!

:welcome: Thanks for reading!!

On our way to see Jack & Sally we stopped for some pics and some photopass photographers…

main st.jpg

plaza.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407034454932.jpg

Taken just before we got in line at 4:40pm...
MK_HTEMARKETSTREET1ROVER_20171031_405936828301.jpg

Almost there, 5:55 pm...
flag2.jpg

flag3.jpg

flag4.jpg

Finally, at 6:07 we got to meet Jack and Sally :cool1: That Jack must be a card, he was saying something that Mike was cracking up over:laughing: They were both great and had the characteristics to a tee...

MK_THEGLADE_20171031_405939282023.jpg

MK_THEGLADE_20171031_405939282026.jpg

jackandsally3.jpg

It was fun to meet them, but just be prepared to spend 90 minutes or more in line if you do. I'm glad we did it before the official start of the party, however, we missed our Pirate's fastpass while we waited in line, which wasn't a big deal to us. I should mention too that while we were waiting, I ran to the Main St Fire Station to get the MNSSHP SOTMK card for the kids. I tried getting one for Mike too, but they were being strict about one per person and marking it off on our wrist band. Mike was afraid he'd get lost finding the firehouse but I gave him directions ( :laughing: ) and he went after I got back and got his card. Weirdly, the next day they were giving away as many as we wanted so we ended up getting another one so we could give one to each of the kids.

Our next fastpass was for 4:55-5:55 at the Haunted Mansion and had already passed. We headed there anyway just to see if we could still use it…

CLICK HERE FOR NEXT POST

Last edited:
So we got to The Haunted Mansion about 25 minutes past our return time. I didn't know if they would let us in or not…I thought there was a 15 minute window that they may allow if you're late, but we decided to try anyway. So we tapped our Mickey head to Mickey head and it turned blue :sad1:…BUT…the CM didn't say anything so we just went in. Weird. I found that they were a little more lenient on this trip than they've been in the past, since the start of FP+. I remember when they first rolled this out, they were super strict about not letting you in early or late. But during this trip, there were a couple instances that I wasn't sure they would allow us in because we were late and it totally wasn't an issue. I don't know if this is the new norm or just dumb luck, and I definitely wouldn't recommend trying this if you have your heart set on something, but for just Mike and I, we didn't really care if we could use the FP+, one way or the other, so it worked out :thumbsup2

I tried to take some non-flash pics in the HM and they came out horrible. Enjoy :-)
hm.jpg
kidding. This is the only one that was half-way decent so I won't post the rest :P

When we got off, we met up with a Hitch-hiking ghost…ack!
MK_MAGHAUNT_20171031_405939661954.jpg

MK_MAGHAUNT_20171031_405939661951.jpg

So spooky…
hm2.jpg

By now, the party was getting going and we did a LOT of trick or treating! We would go through each line a couple times…a lot of lines had a split to the right or the left and we would hit up each one. We each came home with a HUGE bag of candy, but I never remembered to take any pics of it :sad2: It was all good stuff too…Twix, M & M's, Hershey's, etc. The kids polished it all off which worked out good because I definitely should NOT be eating all that candy! It was fun to trick-or-treat though :D

So, one of the things I often hear as a perk of going to these parties is that there are low crowds. Well, can I just say that this was definitely NOT the case for us. It was SUPER crowded. I guess, of course, it's going to be more crowded on Halloween, but it felt like more crowded that just a regular very crowded day. We tried walking through NFL and it was so jammed up that we just quickly got out of there. The ride lines were long, the candy lines were long and when the parades and Fireworks were on, it was nose-to-nose crowded with perfect strangers.

The only other ride Mike and I ended up going on this night was…

The People Mover. It's lucky that I happen to love this ride :love:
pm.jpg

pm2.jpg

pm3.jpg

We stood over near Casey's and watched Hallowishes, which wasn't as good as I remember, but I may be biased because the whole crazy-crowd-thing was making me a little cranky. Also, I stood in my spot for an hour and just before the fireworks started, some lady came up and was kind of being rude and telling me to get out of her way so her kids could see. I was super annoyed because I was standing exactly where I had been standing and SHE'S the one who just got there :crazy2:

Anyway, my iPhone takes terrible pics of fireworks, so sorry...
hw.jpg hw2.jpg

Since we had skipped the first parade (thinking the second would be less crowded :sad2: ), we stayed on Main Street to wait for that.

CLICK HERE FOR NEXT POST

Last edited:
viewpano-jpg.288301

I had reserved a Lake View Studio, and put in a request for an even numbered room, North side, high floor, and that's EXACTLY what we got.
Amazing view!!!! Even for one night seeing that from your room is pretty prcieless.

he result ends up being the same, I guess :rotfl: So my Jack Skellington shirt and Minnie ears it is!
bltout2-jpg.288330
Looks like a great choice to me!

And look Mike dressed up too! I never would have known that was him. Totally thought I was looking at Bill Murray

Finally, at 6:07 we got to meet Jack and Sally :cool1: That Jack must be a card, he was saying something that Mike was cracking up over:laughing: They were both great and had the characteristics to a tee...

mk_theglade_20171031_405939282023-jpg.288707
Glad you got to meet them. From some of the times I heard, your wait doesn't seem too long at all.

So we tapped our Mickey head to Mickey head and it turned blue :sad1:…BUT…the CM didn't say anything so we just went in. Weird. I found that they were a little more lenient on this trip than they've been in the past, since the start of FP+. I remember when they first rolled this out, they were super strict about not letting you in early or late. But during this trip, there were a couple instances that I wasn't sure they would allow us in because we were late and it totally wasn't an issue. I
We had this happen a few times too. One of the CMs told us they could see that we did have a time vice just trying to walk onto the attraction, so maybe that is the difference. Either way they are most definitely more lenient.

When we got off, we met up with a Hitch-hiking ghost…ack!
mk_maghaunt_20171031_405939661954-jpg.288831
Love it!

So, one of the things I often hear as a perk of going to these parties is that there are low crowds. Well, can I just say that this was definitely NOT the case for us. It was SUPER crowded. I guess, of course, it's going to be more crowded on Halloween, but it felt like more crowded that just a regular very crowded day.
We encountered the same thing at our Christmas Party, it was crazy crowded. I'm sure they have bumped up the number of tickets available significantly to keep raking in the dough

This is awesome!! I didn't think I'd be up for waiting in line, so we didn't try this, but your pictures are great!

I tried to take some non-flash pics in the HM and they came out horrible. Enjoy :-)

Haha this is the story of my life! Dark ride photos are not my jam.

So, one of the things I often hear as a perk of going to these parties is that there are low crowds. Well, can I just say that this was definitely NOT the case for us. It was SUPER crowded. I guess, of course, it's going to be more crowded on Halloween, but it felt like more crowded that just a regular very crowded day.

I have to agree! I'm sure your party was much worse than ours being that it was Halloween, but I really don't find the parties are light crowds. At least not anymore. It seems that every year they're selling more and more tickets.

but I may be biased because the whole crazy-crowd-thing was making me a little cranky

This happens to me, too.

Also, I stood in my spot for an hour and just before the fireworks started, some lady came up and was kind of being rude and telling me to get out of her way so her kids could see. I was super annoyed because I was standing exactly where I had been standing and SHE'S the one who just got there :crazy2:

I can't stand this!! When you wait and stake out your spot, and someone comes in all entitled at the very last minute! I don't know why some people think they're entitled to a certain vacation experience. We all paid to be in the park, and if you don't wait as long as someone else, there's no reason you deserve to move them from their spot.

I had reserved a Lake View Studio, and put in a request for an even numbered room, North side, high floor, and that's EXACTLY what we got.

We are staying in the same type of room in February (renting DVC points). How exactly did you make a room request such as this? How far in advance? Thanks!

And look Mike dressed up too! I never would have known that was him. Totally thought I was looking at Bill Murray

:laughing: He actually got a lot of compliments on that shirt walking around!

Glad you got to meet them. From some of the times I heard, your wait doesn't seem too long at all.

It wasn't that bad, and I'm glad we did it before the party started so we didn't miss anything :thumbsup2

We encountered the same thing at our Christmas Party, it was crazy crowded. I'm sure they have bumped up the number of tickets available significantly to keep raking in the dough

I have to agree! I'm sure your party was much worse than ours being that it was Halloween, but I really don't find the parties are light crowds. At least not anymore. It seems that every year they're selling more and more tickets.

I think it really devalues the party and makes it not as fun. If they are charging so much for these tickets, they should be limiting the number they sell. Annoying >:(

I can't stand this!! When you wait and stake out your spot, and someone comes in all entitled at the very last minute! I don't know why some people think they're entitled to a certain vacation experience. We all paid to be in the park, and if you don't wait as long as someone else, there's no reason you deserve to move them from their spot.

She was super rude and literally showed up at the last minute…I didn't budge 8-)

We are staying in the same type of room in February (renting DVC points). How exactly did you make a room request such as this? How far in advance? Thanks!

I called DVC member services and made my request about 4-5 months before. I requested, "even number, north side, high floor," in that order. If you have a Lake View then the high floor should be your last priority since the lower floors tend to be standard views. I think you'd still have plenty of time to make the request.

Good luck! And :welcome: to my trip report! :D

Mike and I talked about getting costumes and dressing up for the party. I don't know if we actually decided against it, or if we we just too lazy to plan anything and just ran out of time.
I love the costumes people come up with for MNSSHP, but Steve and I have never dressed up - I'm not creative enough! The boys did dress up for the first couple parties we went to since they were younger but the last couple, we just did Halloween shirts. Good enough!

They were both great and had the characteristics to a tee...
I thought so too when we met them! I was amazed at how "like" the characters they were with their movements and gestures. Such a fun meet! We did the same thing and got on line around 4:50 to meet them at 6.

When we first started doing the Halloween party back in 2010, it truly was "low crowds". Even the last one we went to in 2014, which was the first party of the season on 9/1, was unbelievably uncrowded. Afterwards people were reporting here on the Boards that only about a third of the tickets had been sold for that party since it was so early but I know since then, the first party of the season when in Sept. does get crowded. We've done a couple MVMCP's also and find them a bit more crowded.

Love your BLT view!

I'm not creative enough!

Glad I'm not the only one!

I thought so too when we met them! I was amazed at how "like" the characters they were with their movements and gestures. Such a fun meet! We did the same thing and got on line around 4:50 to meet them at 6.

They were really good, but I'm not really a die-hard meet the characters person. Next year we can meet Jack & Sally on the cruise so if we do go to another MNSSHP (and I don't even know if we would), then I wouldn't even have to spend any time meeting them :-)

When we first started doing the Halloween party back in 2010, it truly was "low crowds".

That was our first MNSSHP also, October 21, 2010! Maybe we were at the same one :P It was sooooo much better, and waaaayyyyy less crowded!

Love your BLT view!

Me too :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter