It was a Horror-ible, and then Not-So-Scary (but exhausting!), October/NovTrip!! Completed 3/13!!!

Excited to follow along! Thought the same thing about the Kong ride, big disappointment!

:welcome: Thanks for joining! Ya…I may have to sit that one out in April. Plus they pack you in soooooo close that I was literally touching my neighbor :crazy2: I kept squeezing closer to Mike to get away!

I love your Betty Boops :) LOL

Haha! I know, Mike's is better :laughing:

Following along! Looks like a fun adult trip so far!

I got a chuckle out of your hubby's t-shirt "Hard Hittin NB", my mom grew up there and my grandmother still lives there, lol!

:welcome: That's so funny…Mike works in New Britain! Small World!! I'll tell him to wave to your Grandma :wave:

I guess wizards don't drink coffee :rotfl:

More proof that I'll never be a true wizard :sad2:

Ooo so bad! :laughing:

It was funny because as I was asking the guy if I could take a picture of it, I just took a picture of it, and then he said, "no," and quickly turned it off…but I got it before he did :rotfl:

Glad to be making my way over here! I just got caught up on what you've shared so far. Looking forward to following along!

I'm all caught up! Looks like a fun time at Universal! Reminds me of our short Sept trip there. I preferred Gringotts over Forbidden Journey. The latter made me quite ill! I don't remember it doing that the first time I rode it which was in 2010, but on trip, woah, the motion sickness was bad. Gringotts I could handle though.
We ate at cowfish too. Steve got a burger and I got sushi, but my sushi roll was only ok. The burgers are definitely the way to go here I think!

Glad to be making my way over here! I just got caught up on what you've shared so far. Looking forward to following along!

:welcome: and thanks!!

I'm all caught up! Looks like a fun time at Universal! Reminds me of our short Sept trip there. I preferred Gringotts over Forbidden Journey. The latter made me quite ill! I don't remember it doing that the first time I rode it which was in 2010, but on trip, woah, the motion sickness was bad. Gringotts I could handle though.
We ate at cowfish too. Steve got a burger and I got sushi, but my sushi roll was only ok. The burgers are definitely the way to go here I think!

My kids prefer EFG also, but I love that tossed around feeling on FJ! I'm so happy I don't get motion sick!

I'll tell Mike that he didn't miss out on anything great by skipping the sushi at Cowfish :fish:

I just found your cruise report and I've been trying to catch up on it in the last couple days, in-between working :crazy2: I'm loving it though…see you there!

toothsome.jpg

I have been looking forward to coming here since they announced that they were building it. And seeing all the photos on Instagram just made me want to come here even more!

Mike and I talked about what we were going to get and, obviously, we both want to try the milkshakes. I knew I wouldn't be able to eat a lunch and THEN a milkshake, so we both decided that we were not going to get real food, in favor getting milkshakes. What I didn't realize was that they had a take-out counter, so when we first went in, we put our names in for a table but while we were waiting we noticed this area...

toothsome1.jpg

Duh. Also, it was a beautiful day so we just decided to get our shakes and got sit outside to enjoy them. Originally I was going to get the Strawberry Cheesecake shake, but the girls who was waiting on us kind of made a face and said it comes with sour cream ice cream and said a lot of people don't really like it. She let me take a little taste and she was right.

I opted instead for a Red Velvet shake, instead: Vanilla ice cream, Red Velvet cupcake, raspberry sauce, rainbow sprinkles, fresh whipped cream, cherry.

Mike got the Peanut Indulgence: Peanut butter ice cream, Snickers®, Reese's® peanut butter cups, peanuts, fresh whipped cream.

toothsome3.jpg

They were both delicious and delightfully sinful ::yes:: A waitress walked by and suggested I take the cupcake off the top and save it for later, so that's what I did, and I still couldn't finish the whole thing! And sadly, I never did go back and eat that cupcake :sad2:

With the preferred AP discount, these came to $23.48, including tax. Not bad at all.

I will definitely be going back here with the kids in April, and maybe try the Strawberry Cheesecake milkshake but ask for it to be made with vanilla ice cream, instead.

Full from our "lunch," we headed to our new home for the next two nights, Cabana Bay Beach Resort…

cabanabay1.jpg

cabanabay2.jpg

cabanabay3.jpg

cabanabay4.jpg

cabanabay5.jpg

cabanabay6.jpg

cabanabay7.jpg

We had booked a Volcano Side room with an AP discount, so it only cost $134/night. CBBR isn't a bad hotel, but definitely a step down from RPR. This was most obvious when taking the bus from CBBR to Citywalk…they leave you off on a busy road and you basically have to fend for yourself and try to figure out where the heck to go. Then you go up this escalator where there are 10 million people waiting to get through security. It was really pretty awful, and I'm sorry to say, but so unlike when you're in the Disney bubble. Even when you stay at a Disney value resort, you feel very much part of the bubble, but here…not so much. While staying here I found myself longing for the nice walking path or quiet boat ride from RPR…:(

We had a nice view of the pool and oddly enough, there were actually people swimming despite the chilly temperatures. I just looked it up and the high this day was 68, with a low of 46…brrrrrr. Coming from CT, I'm no stranger to cold weather, but this felt MUCH colder for some reason.

This day to be continued in next post…

CLICK HERE FOR NEXT POST...

Last edited:
We weren't really sure what we wanted for dinner, but we ended up walking over to Portofino Bay and eating quick service pizza at Sal's.

Super classy wine shot...
wine.jpg

pizza.jpg

The food was just ok…as you might expect from quick service pizza. The thing I remember MOST about this night was how freaking COLD it was…I was literally freezing and we got kind of lost wandering through Portofino's.

While we were waiting out in front for the bus to take us back to CBBR, I noticed this poster and had to take a picture of it…
laemmele.jpg
I thought it was so funny because I've been obsessed with Disney history lately and Carl Laemmle was the head of Universal Studios when he and Charles Mintz stole Oswald away from Walt. I just though it was so funny seeing his name on the poster , though I was at Universal, so I don't know why it surprised me! Anyway, I was trying to explain he whole thing to Mike, but I have to tread carefully with him so as not to come off as too much of a Disney Nerd! I think people on these boards can appreciate it more!

When we got back to our room, we had a nice, night-time view of Volcano Bay…
vb night.jpg

cb night 2.jpg

And believe it or not, when we looked down, we could still see people swimming in the lazy river, though I didn't take a picture of them…crazy!

Up next…freezing our butts off and Halloween Horror Nights!

Last edited:
We had learned our lesson about trying to get coffee in the park, so this morning, we went to the food court at CBBR (Bayliner Diner). We sat and had a relaxing morning just having a snack and drinking our coffee, which was surprisingly good.

coffee.jpg

Today felt even colder than the day before…you know it's cold if Mike is wearing a jacket, because he is always hot!

mike.jpg

Afterwards, we went back over to UO, but we didn't have the EP today, so we mostly wandered around taking silly pictures,
scooby.jpg

watching the parade, (sucky when compared to WDW parades…)
patrick.jpg

and the horror make-up show...
make up 2.jpg
This was kind of cute, but I thought they would show more, I don't know…make-up? There were a lot of movie clips and a couple little gags. No matter, at least we got a chance to warm up inside for a bit :P

We wandered back through DA,
dragon.jpg

and Mike got the fish & chips he had been eyeing at The Leaky Cauldron.
fish and chips.jpg
he enjoyed this, but I don't really eat that and I was going to get soup but they only had one kind which I didn't care for, so I ended up just sitting there with him while he ate.

For my lunch, we ended up in Springfield at Krusty Burger, but nothing was appealing to me on the menu so I ended up getting...
hummus.jpg
Hummus with pita bread and a yogurt. Probably not the best choice, remember this for later…

Around 5 pm, we started lining up for...
hhn.jpg

Stay tuned!

CLICK HERE FOR NEXT POST...

Last edited:
At around 5, we started lining up in the holding zone for HHN. They are pretty efficient at getting everyone who doesn't have a ticket out of the parks.

I think we were supposed to be doing a scared photo here, and I didn't get the memo :rotfl:
funny.jpg

Mike had been wanting a picture of these guys before and there was people sitting all over them, but once the park cleared out, he was able to get in his photo shoot :laughing:
duff beer.jpg

Here are some of the scare zones. It's amazing how different they feel at night with all the smoke and fog and creepy music, not to mention the crazy people walking around to scare you!
pumpkin guy.jpg

sz1.jpg

I was trying to be be brave, but those guys with the chain saws quickly had me pegged and I couldn't walk 10 feet without one of them sneaking up on me :scared1: I was trying to use my phone camera to see behind me...
sz2.jpg

ACCCCKKKK! There's a creepy guy now!! Oh, wait! That's just Mike :rotfl:
sz3.jpg

This alien area was pretty cool, we stopped for a few pictures here...
alien.jpg

alien2.jpg

You'll notice I am wearing a sweatshirt AND a North Face, and I was STILL cold!
alien3.jpg

Anyway, by now I had gone through a few of the haunted houses and while I had really psyched myself up beforehand and told myself that I was going to be brave and just go in and appreciate the artistry and all that, I just couldn't take anymore after like 6 houses. I barely saw anything in the houses anyway because I was hiding behind Mike and using him as a human shield in front of me. I couldn't stand having people jump out at me around every corner, and sometimes from the ceiling :scared1: It just got to be too much for me and after the sixth one, I told Mike that he's on his own…I couldn't go in any more! He ended up going through the other three by himself and he probably enjoyed it more without me grabbing him! I wish I could tell you which houses I went in, but they were all pretty much the same to me. I'm sorry to those of you who love it, it's just not my cup of tea. AT ALL. We also went to see the Bill & Ted's show and I had no idea what to expect, but really didn't care for that either.

Mike really liked all the scariness and haunted houses though, and I'm sure he'd like to go back someday. I just don't think I would want to spend money on a ticket for myself again because I got nothing out of it.

Oh, and remember that awesome lunch I had earlier? Well I was just about starving, so at about 8:30, I grabbed literally the first thing I could find to eat…

CLICK HERE FOR NEXT POST

Last edited:
I didn't realize was that they had a take-out counter

Ooh that's good to know! Much better than waiting a long time for a table for something like a milkshake

Originally I was going to get the Strawberry Cheesecake shake, but the girls who was waiting on us kind of made a face and said it comes with sour cream ice cream and said a lot of people don't really like it. She let me take a little taste and she was right.

That's also good to know! That would have been what I would have picked, too. I bet a lot of people who try it are surprised.

toothsome3-jpg.286252

These look amazing!

This was most obvious when taking the bus from CBBR to Citywalk…they leave you off on a busy road and you basically have to fend for yourself and try to figure out where the heck to go. Then you go up this escalator where there are 10 million people waiting to get through security. It was really pretty awful, and I'm sorry to say, but so unlike when you're in the Disney bubble.

Aww that's lousy! You're totally right, that even at the values at Disney I don't feel like I'm out of the loop or getting a low level of service.

While staying here I found myself longing for the nice walking path or quiet boat ride from RPR…:(

This walking path is such an awesome feature! I can see why you'd miss it.

I'm no stranger to cold weather, but this felt MUCH colder for some reason.

I found the same thing in Florida, and we're from Canada. One of the locals said they think it's because of the humidity because it's a damp cold and that makes it feel colder? I don't know.

The thing I remember MOST about this night was how freaking COLD it was…

That's terrible! One of my winter trips with my mom was like this, and there was a night where it dropped below freezing while we waited for a parade, and it was actually colder there at that moment than it was at home in Canada!

I think we were supposed to be doing a scared photo here, and I didn't get the memo :rotfl:
funny-jpg.286383

:rotfl:

I'm sorry to those of you who love it, it's just not my cup of tea. AT ALL.

I'm sure I'd agree with you. I know my husband would love it, but I'm not much for scary things or jump-scares. I wouldn't spend my money on a ticket.

It was nice that it was fairly low crowds and we got some cool dark pics in DA…

dragn-jpg.285604
Wow, this must have been crazy early if its still dark outside

And then, since we were still snap-chatting with the kids, we took this little beauty…
yikes-jpg.285608
Love it!

We couldn't resist stopping for a donut on the way…

mike-lardlad-jpg.285620
You should have taken some of the Chiefs coffee!

st say, this was such a huge disappointment. It's a terrible ride, I can't even believe it's made by the same people who made EFG and FJ. If I never go on again, it'll be too soon. Which stinks, because I am sure I'll have to go on again with the kids in April since they've never been on.
kong-jpg.285631
Sorry it was such a bust!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Mike got the Peanut Indulgence: Peanut butter ice cream, Snickers®, Reese's® peanut butter cups, peanuts, fresh whipped cream.

toothsome3-jpg.286252

They were both delicious and delightfully sinful ::yes:: A waitress walked by and suggested I take the cupcake off the top and save it for later, so that's what I did, and I still couldn't finish the whole thing! And sadly, I never did go back and eat that cupcake :sad2:
THESE LOOK AMAZING!!!!!!! I'm literally sitting here starving trying to hold out for lunch and now all I want is a milkshake

uper classy wine shot...
wine-jpg.286351
Keep it classy Kelly!

pizza-jpg.286350

The food was just ok…as you might expect from quick service pizza. The thing I remember MOST about this night was how freaking COLD it was…I was literally freezing and we got kind of lost wandering through Portofino's.
It looks really good though (but consider the aforementioned starving comment)

hummus-jpg.286364

Hummus with pita bread and a yogurt. Probably not the best choice, remember this for later…
Now this does not look good or anything that resembles lunch

I was trying to be be brave, but those guys with the chain saws quickly had me pegged and I couldn't walk 10 feet without one of them sneaking up on me :scared1: I was trying to use my phone camera to see behind me...
sz2-jpg.286379
Yikes!!! This would have scared the crap out of me!

I wish I could tell you which houses I went in, but they were all pretty much the same to me. I'm sorry to those of you who love it, it's just not my cup of tea. AT ALL. We also went to see the Bill & Ted's show and I had no idea what to expect, but really didn't care for that either.
I'm not a big fan of getting scared either. I think MNSSHP is much more my speed

Oh, and remember that awesome lunch I had earlier? Well I was just about starving, so at about 8:30, I grabbed literally the first thing I could find to eat...
Hope its not a chainsaw :P

It was funny because as I was asking the guy if I could take a picture of it, I just took a picture of it, and then he said, "no," and quickly turned it off…but I got it before he did :rotfl:

:laughing:

Also, it was a beautiful day so we just decided to get our shakes and got sit outside to enjoy them. Originally I was going to get the Strawberry Cheesecake shake, but the girls who was waiting on us kind of made a face and said it comes with sour cream ice cream and said a lot of people don't really like it. She let me take a little taste and she was right.

That's strange to me that they'd tell people one of the shakes tastes weird. The Strawberry Cheesecake is my favorite one, and I've never thought it tasted weird, I actually like how the texture is slightly different from a regular milkshake. It actually works really well all together.

This was kind of cute, but I thought they would show more, I don't know…make-up?

I love the show, but I did think it was going to be a different type of show before we went.

Ooh that's good to know! Much better than waiting a long time for a table for something like a milkshake

I know…I don't know how I missed that in all my planning. I thought we had to wait and be seated for a table service.

This walking path is such an awesome feature! I can see why you'd miss it.

Such a stark contrast to the whole city street drop off that you get when staying at CBBR.

I found the same thing in Florida, and we're from Canada. One of the locals said they think it's because of the humidity because it's a damp cold and that makes it feel colder? I don't know.

That's true, because lately around here we've been having some mid-40's and we keep saying how beautiful it out. Of course, I also have more appropriate clothes here and I'm not wearing shorts :P

That's terrible! One of my winter trips with my mom was like this, and there was a night where it dropped below freezing while we waited for a parade, and it was actually colder there at that moment than it was at home in Canada!

I'm sure I'd agree with you. I know my husband would love it, but I'm not much for scary things or jump-scares. I wouldn't spend my money on a ticket.

Wow, this must have been crazy early if its still dark outside

I just looked at my time stamp and it was actually 7:21 am. I just think it was really cloudy and it made it look darker in the pic!

You should have taken some of the Chiefs coffee!

:laughing:

Sorry it was such a bust!

I am too :crazy2:

THESE LOOK AMAZING!!!!!!! I'm literally sitting here starving trying to hold out for lunch and now all I want is a milkshake

If you call it a "meal replacement shake," you won't feel so bad having it!

Keep it classy Kelly!

I could never keep up with you and @ariane37 :worship::worship::worship:

It looks really good though (but consider the aforementioned starving comment)

Look again after you've have something to eat o_O

Now this does not look good or anything that resembles lunch

I love my chobani, but yeah, this was not the best choice for lunch :sad2:

Yikes!!! This would have scared the crap out of me!

It did! It actually gave me anxiety after a while and I just decided I was done. I had to fine a safe zone to stand in :rotfl:

I'm not a big fan of getting scared either. I think MNSSHP is much more my speed

:love:

Hope its not a chainsaw :P

I came close!

That's strange to me that they'd tell people one of the shakes tastes weird. The Strawberry Cheesecake is my favorite one, and I've never thought it tasted weird, I actually like how the texture is slightly different from a regular milkshake. It actually works really well all together.

Maybe she had a couple people complain and then decided to talk everyone out of it :confused3 Maybe I'll just try it the real way in April…how bad could it be? :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!