-It Takes People To Make The Dream A Reality- DCP Summer 2018 Highlights Trip Report! (COMPLETE 6/6!)

Gah! My absolute favorite of all Disney Sing-Along Songs!! I still have a bunch of them on VHS, but was SO happy Disney Movie Club released many on DVD. I wish they would do all of them....like seriously before my VCR dies.

Most of them are actually on YouTube along with many of the old Disney Traveling Videos, which I also grew up with. My mom had all of them and I'd watch them a ton when I was a kid. I remember specifically Circus, Beach and Disneyland being ones I watched. Unfortunately, she sold them years ago so I don't have them lying around but they've gone around on Facebook and YouTube so I know they are out there for my enjoyment if I need it. Blessed be the internet.

How awesome that you got to go up again AND get your own pics this time!!! Amazing!

It was! I still can't believe it. And then talking with these long time cast members who were going up the first time. I was SO lucky.

My favorite word I learned in college :)

That was the first time I ever looked it up in the dictionary lol I always knew what it meant from context clues and such.

So many amazing character encounters! At least you got to meet Loki one more time before he got cut! And dancing with the princesses sounds so magical! And I love the boomerang with Aladdin!

So much fun! :)

I'm so emotional about all of them, they were all so memorable, but especially Loki just considering today and yesterday. Such a fun day. :goodvibes

Anyone else out here still recovering from Endgame? Because it's been a few days for me now and I just need to talk.

BUT to distract from that, here's the update...

I Just Love Photographic Escapades And Diverse Short Films
Part I

7/19/18: Loki & I Are Working On A Musical...

After Aladdin, I decided to slowly exit the park and head on over to California Adventure again to see if it had quieted down. It was getting fairly late if you couldn't tell already so it seemed being in the park where my usual nightly adventures began was a good idea. Everyone was already lining up on Main Street and Cast Members had already roped off the parade viewing spots so I had to scoot past them and out to the front where I happened upon this sight!

As you can see, Pluto, Mickey & Minnie were all meeting together out by the gates! I'd seen it happen before but never caught it in time since the line cuts off almost as soon as they walk out. It's all about timing it correctly and I honestly never could since it was so random (reminder how many times I managed to catch interesting princess pairings lol)

I followed them inside where come to find out a ton of characters were wandering the parade route pre-parade. I took this opportunity to get some cute shots at spots on Main Street USA you normally wouldn't see characters.

I then did some landmark shooting.

After that, I was starting to feel a bit tired so I decided to take it slow over at DCA. However I came across a rather short and not cut off wait for Mickey so I decided to jump on that. He gave me a huge hug and was super sweet. I don't remember much else but the photos are some of my faves.

Love reverse gender role shots.

I went there back to the Marvel area but not for anything Marvel. I went for this.

As essentially a local *cough*, I needed to take a break from the usual fare and take some time in the AC and spending more times with some culture-based Pixar shorts was time well spent.

Click to watch!

If you've never been inside this theater, it used to be the place where Muppet-Vision once was, which is why some of the theater is blocked off, but now it's mostly used for movie previews (It was where the Incredibles 2 in-park preview was) and currently it was just shorts. To keep people occupied they had the pre-show I filmed above but also displays with some sketches of the shorts and little maquette models of the various characters shown in the short. The shorts they were showing:

Sanjay's Super Team (shown before The Good Dinosaur)

La Luna (shown before Brave)

Bao (shown before Incredibles 2)

All were chosen as a series since they presented a similar theme of heritage, family and culture with Sanjay's Super Team set in an Indian Hindu household, La Luna set in classic rural Italy and Bao set in a Chinese-Canadian household. I found this the perfect line-up as they all just built upon one another and having watched the pre-show in full explaining the personal connections each writer had to the story, I got way more emotional watching these than when I saw them in theaters. I can only distinctly remember seeing Bao and Sanjay's Super Team in theaters (makes sense La Luna was shown before my least favorite Pixar film that I've seen) and I know I didn't tear up as much when watching them then. So as much as I know this will GENERALLY be a "ignore it" type attraction, if you do have the time I suggest you see this. I'm not sure if they've rotated to another three films but if not definitely see this an experience I firmly recommend.

Continue Here

I Just Love Photographic Escapades And Diverse Short Films
Part II

I didn't spend any more time around Hollywood and went over to my favorite spot: Pixar Pier!

The single rider line was pretty short so I waited in that to ride and this time I decided to film myself on the ride during the day and also take some photos later on during the ride.

Click to watch!

And yup, one of those was taken in the midst of going through the loop.

SKILLZZZZ!!

Also having my phone gave me another golden on-ride photo opportunity...

Forever the Ride Photo Queen(TM). Can never be beat.

I was feeling so smitten by the thrill of Incredicoaster that I decided to go around getting more glamour shots of the area.

After that, I was drawn to an area I'd never really done much about, at least not in awhile and that was the Boardwalk games!

I played a few of them during the ExPIERience but I couldn't win anything during that so I thought I'd put some money where my mouth is and pay for a game card to play.

To explain how the Pier games work, you have to pay for this little card that you can refill as much as you want. You can literally go on a yearly basis to the park and re-use this card. However you have to pay for a set amount of points first to get the card and thus play the games. I don't remember the pricing, but I think it's on a system of 3 games being the lowest amount then increasing from there. I obviously went with the lowest which meant only a few games to play. I decided I wanted to make sure I got a prize so I went to the La Luna game which had nobody.

The La Luna game is a luck game in which you win every time. You take a little fishing net and fish out a star which you turn over and the color on the back is what you'll win. The color most prevalent has a smaller prize while the color least has the biggest prize. The smallest prize are just tiny plush stars, the medium prize are plush SHOOTING stars and the large prize is the boy from La Luna. I went up and pulled the smallest prize but then the girl working the game pulled out a medium level star to offer me the bigger prizes which was really nice so I took that and ended up with this cute prize.

I named him Bram after the character in Simon vs The ****-Sapiens Agenda (aka the book that inspired the film "Love, Simon")

tumblr_p4yw490LvG1x2iio9o1_540.gif

What a bae that Keiynan Lonsdale. *HEART EYES* *HEART EYES* *HEART EYES*

I still had other game points so I decided next to play the Wall-E game since it was the one I won during the ExPIERience. I was hoping I'd repeat that luck and finesse this time again.

It was not to be though. I was very close in a race against a full group so a major prize was up for grabs and someone just edged me out. Sadness.

I had one more game credit available on my card and I decided to go with the Bug's Life Heimlich game. For those who don't know what this one is, you play against yourself and try to toss bean bags into Heimlich's mouth. If you get three into his mouth, you win a prize and they give you lots of bean bags so it SHOULD be easy. I ended up being fairly good at this and got two in off the bat, however I missed everyone after so no cute plush Heimlich for Timmy. All I had was Bram.

So ca-yute! Imma love him forever. :goodvibes

I apparently timed my game experience well as not long after playing my last game and in the midst of putting stuff into my bag, these two showed up outside the Pal-A-Round.

Continue Here

Last edited:

As always, great character meet and greets. Not sure why you're surprised that Aladdin recognized you, you're pretty unforgettable:thumbsup2
Aladdin is very cute and I know he's one of your faves.:love:

Any word on which coast you'll be on later this year?

As always, great character meet and greets. Not sure why you're surprised that Aladdin recognized you, you're pretty unforgettable:thumbsup2

Haha, thank you! I just hadn't met him before or so I thought. It threw me off lol

Aladdin is very cute and I know he's one of your faves.:love:

He is. Love my diamond in the rough :goodvibes

Any word on which coast you'll be on later this year?

It's still up in the air but I'm now like 95% sure that I'm gonna be on the East Coast just a little bit longer.

Happy 30th to Disney's Hollywood Studios!

giphy.gif

I wish you still retained that "the Hollywood that never was, but always will be" vibe, but you still are in my heart. Can't wait to see you again in a few weeks!

All My Love For Dug And Jessie, But Only Them
Part I

I left off right as Dug and Russell came out to meet guests at golden hour right underneath the Pal-A-Round. Although I was mostly M&G'd out I decided to go visit them anyways even if it was the wonkiest location with the wonkiest line. Literally they need to figure out a better way to manage that spot, it's such a mess. I honestly think they should bring all Pixar character meets back to the gazebo by the Paradise Grille, it's a more consistent spot. But Disneyland likes to just throw characters wherever and honestly it's kinda fun that way so I'm not gonna get them on the more structured Disney World track and live my life elsewhere.

Anyways, let's go meet Dug and Russell!

Or just Dug because... kinda how things go most of the time with myself and them. I mean, I did invite Russell to try and find Dug or himself on the Pal-A-Round but he wasn't interested. Not my fault at all.

I actually do love them both and they really were so sweet but Dug was just extra fun and he held my hand the whole time. I love when characters do that. It's so intimate and special. Ugh, I MISS IT, OK?!

After letting them meet other people because that's what I have to do sometimes (lol) I figured it was time to scout out a spot for Paint. I think it was coming fairly soon at this point. Or maybe I did something else. I don't know once again CAN'T REMEMBER. Memo to me, next time do a live report so you have NOTES. THINK, TIMMY!

My internal fight aside, eventually it was time for my favorite thing to ever exist. The PAAAIIINNNNTT THEEE NIIIIGGGHHHTTT... PARADE!

Click to watch!

I can't believe how perfectly timed that video was. Ugh. Watching that gate open right on cue will never get old for me.

Continue Here

Last edited:
Part II

Now, for the usual parade of Paint photos. Enjoy!

I booked it out and stormed on over to Disneyland as the fireworks went off. As I got there I paused a moment to figure out what to do then I realized I hadn't been to the Pixar Dance Party that had been happening every night in Tomorrowland since Pixar Fest had begun so I headed over there. Passed by this along the way. Love a good balloon shot.

When I got there, the party was on hold until after the fireworks so I hung around until after a minute or two the DJ showed up and got the party pumping again with some of our favorite Pixar friends. I didn't join in too too much watching from the side line but I saw many cool Pixar friends show up and wait for their entrance while they chilled near me. Almost got a selfie with Remy actually. Check it out:

Ugh just barely.

Continue Here

Last edited:
Part III

Now let's look at what happened at the Pixar Pals Dance Party!

Click to watch

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

If you couldn't tell, Jessie won the night for me. She was going OFF. The energy did NOT die down and she was the last one! Great way to end the night. It's too bad Bullseye outshone her. But wow, the Pixar Pals Party was so much fun. I wish I had had friends around to join me for it but was not to be. My days off never lined up with anyone else's so I would spend most of these dance parties on my lonesome. *sigh*

It was only 10pm so I had time to do some more things. I decided some non-Space Mountain Tomorrowland fare was in order. I grabbed a FP for Buzz Lightyear which had little wait and no FPs going fast so I got to grab my FP, wait a minute or two then skip the line to ride. I don't care for the ride here even less than the one at World but it passes the time and brings out my competitive side as much as I stink at it. Look at this score!

Terrible, but I think it was my best.

After that ride, the days were catching up again and I knew to push myself would be in error so I headed out.

When I got back to Town Square, I saw Pluto, Mickey and Minnie were out meeting again! The line was closed off so I couldn't meet them, but I was too tired to really have fun with the three so it was probably for the better. Still sad seeing it all happen from afar.

Click to watch!

And thus my night ended and it was back to work the next day. Only so many work days left so the depression was coming in and coming in hot. Thank goodness I had unlimited access to the parks so I never felt too too sad but the breakdowns are coming. Stick around for the drama, dahlings!

Continue Here

Last edited:
As usual trying to catch up. I love your photos and the joy you take in character interactions and photos. So much fun.

As usual trying to catch up. I love your photos and the joy you take in character interactions and photos. So much fun.

Haha, just take your time. No rush to finish reading. Glad you're enjoying the catch-up so far :thumbsup2

Such cute pics with Russel & Dug!!

Thank you!!

Love your PTN intro video!!

Thank you again! I did quite a few of those lol

The dance party looks like a lot of fun.

It was. I just wish I had had friends with me. :/

The Best Hall Visit With Cinderella's Second Fairy Godmother
Part I

7/22/18: A Rainbow Stormed Through Disneyland

Yet another day of waking up knowing you had to go to work at the happiest place on Earth, but with only a few of those days left. Bittersweet mornings. That's how it was here on out and boy were they familiar. I just wasn't prepared for them to come this soon. I tried my best everyday to make the best of them and not let my lingering melancholy state get in the way, that coming out was reserved for more private moments (hence why we love crying in the privacy of a bedroom). Today was definitely one of those top notch days.

I was off to the parks per usual, but I wasn't out as early as I normally am. The emotional and physical strain I was feeling was starting to weigh and make it harder to get up in a timely manner to get to the resort in an equally timely manner. Never I got there and decided I might as well continue my tradition of visiting the Hall every day before work.

It was a classic visit today beginning with our favorite OG Snow White who, per usual, was excited to see moi. I remember her telling me she loved my rainbow shirt and how she always loved that I wore that. I don't remember much else but we had a little struggle in figuring out a pose. I had done a lot of her classic poses and so shot down every idea. Luckily the host that was present offered up a solution and told me to pose like Dopey and here is the result:

I'm actually five lol

After that ordeal and the hysterical result, there were hugs for until next time.

Ariel was in the next room and she peeked around the corner just as I rounded it so I near knocked her over with the hug. It was so exciting. We talked about my fin and about how we need more ocean around at Disneyland. Usual casual discussions with the fish girl. I, of course, wanted a cute pose this time and so ended up with this adorable moment.

Then some proper hugs after...

Some Dinglehopper and Flounder discussions that needed to be attended to.

Our next adventure under the sea planned, it was time to go say hello to Cindy!

As soon as I walked in I was greeted by a "I thought I heard you in the next room!" Always the best way to be welcomed by one of your fave princess friends. I walked in and she was immediately in love with my rainbow and said that my Fairy Godmother chose well to which I said, "I chose it. I'm my own Fairy Godmother." She was very taken aback by the confidence and was like "Well, you need to be mine." I backtracked saying hers was too great I could never take the spot. To which she said, "I could always use two."

And thus I became Cindy's second Fairy Godmother.

Or Godfather lol

giphy.gif

It was PHOTO TIME! And once again had to figure out a pose. It was handed off to me once again so I sat but luckily the host came through again and said I should pretend to wave a magic wand while Cindy twirled as if I was magically transforming her dress.

We both thought that was wonderful and got this magic recorded. Apologies in advanced for the squealing.

Click to watch!

Then we took a still version.

After we were just so giddy and couldn't keep it together after.

She told me how fun I was and asked if I would be coming back soon. I always never knew how to answer this question especially when I was that giddy and had work later that day but I told her I would try to which we ended with one last magical hug before I skipped off.

Honestly this was easily one of the best visits I had in the Hall. It was just so much fun and everyone was just so invested. I not only felt the magic of Disney but the magic of a family. The sense of belonging. Gosh, nothing like it especially at Disneyland.

Continue Here

The Best Hall Visit With Cinderella's Second Fairy Godmother
Part II

I didn't want to ruin it so I decided to go to the next magical thing I could think of that would never be not magical and that was Magical Map. I had a bit of time beforehand so on my way over I decided to just chill in the Small World mall for a moment.

Click to watch!

While chilling there, I saw these two stroll on by and head on back to their castle...

Click to watch!

I wasted no more time and flew on over to Magical Map!

Master Yen Sid cast his usual spell sending the Map Makers out and the show began!

Click to watch!

Click to BOOMERANG!

Click to watch!

Click to BOOMERANG!

Click to watch!

hehe

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

If we all believe in a world of dreams and imagination
If we all let go, there's no way to know where the spark can take us
So much more than a destination
On a journey
Journey
Journey... to Imagination!

Ugh, this show had me blissed out after that amazing visit in the Hall. Where would this map of never-ending magic called Disneyland take me next?

Continue Here

Last edited:
Days Are This Magical For A Reason

Blissed out and fully pixie dusted by Magical Map, I thought maybe that this pixie dust would carry on over to some surprise visits in Great Moments or on Main Street. When I got there though...

Click to watch!

So apparently I was in there earlier too? Who knew! I did spend lots of time in there just to relax and catch up with posting on my phone. It's the perfect place to do it, the AC is bomb and the CMs there are so nice. I found out later that closing that off was as a result of the Union vote Disneyland CMs had. I believe they were working on setting it up at the time.

In short, no Great Moments surprise visits so I decided to go about seeing other Main Street friends.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Which YEAH, essentially means going to see my pupper princer Ploot Ploot who was happy to see me as always although we ended up meeting in a small alcove out of the sun and so the photos are from very far away but we looked cute and were having fun nonetheless.

Adorable as always. I'm sure you can guess what the conversation was.

From there, I spotted these two troublemakers and hopped on going to see them.

Click to watch!

And as luck would have it, I managed to be first in line. Seems to be this spot tbh (which has FAB lighting during the day)

Click to watch!

I had a moment to spare after my visit with the chippies so I decided to head into Fantasyland where right as I came upon the castle I saw Aladdin pop up in the corner. He never has a line so I went to go say hello.

I had quite the hilarious exchange with him and the host. I reminded him the last time I visited he thought Dumbo on my phone case was Jasmine. The host looked at my phone case and was like, "Ummm, what?"

Aladdin then said, "Yeah, see if you look from far away it looks like Jasmine on a Magic Carpet."

The host did not miss a beat with the snark, "Sure, if you close your eyes."

I let out a tiny snort. Oh, Al.

I didn't stay long because it was now time to go to work at my least favorite place that I'm sure I'm mentioned before: Bugs Land Restrooms.

giphy.gif

Five restrooms spread over a large area in a weird order. Not for me. I did love going into Carthay Circle but besides that not fun.

I needed a boost for the night.

Thank goodness for it because that night I had a ROUGH shift. The person before me left all my restrooms an absolute nightmare and didn't even end on the right restroom. I was so behind and gapping left and right trying to catch up. Luckily my partner for the night was super nice and let the lead know while I ran around in circles trying to get them back up to snuff, restocking, extra cleaning, EVERYTHING. It was exhausting and I was so irritated. Thank goodness I had a really fun day beforehand or I would've not gotten through it all. Also, my co-workers and leads that were super helpful and understanding. My Disneyland fam is truly the best.

I didn't go into the parks after I was so worn on this night (yeah, that's how bad it was). Here's a goodnight from DCA as I'm walking out, relishing in that special magic there. Only so many times more would I get that blessed goodnight. *bittersweet sigh*

giphy.gif

Continue Here

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter