-It Takes People To Make The Dream A Reality- DCP Summer 2018 Highlights Trip Report! (COMPLETE 6/6!)

I had strong opinions about who should've won for Best Picture and needless to say, Green Book did not deserve it

I agree with this for a lot of reasons. Especially the more I hear about controversies, and how the families felt about the film, and don't get me started on the whole white saviour teaching a black man how to be black thing...

I hadn't watched any of the docs nominated but none of them were the Mr. Rogers documentary "Won't You Be My Neighbor?" which is what I consider the film that most needed to be seen today.

I was very disappointed that this wasn't nominated.

I was so happy for Rami even if he did make a remark I'm not happy with and has been making some remarks on the lead up that I'm not happy with, he was the reason that Bohemian Rhapsody was enjoyable and I forgot for moments it wasn't actually Freddie Mercury on screen.

Amen! I know the remarks you're talking about and I agree. But what a performance!

Elsie Fisher for Eighth Grade

Thank you!!

Anyways, message me if you have more thoughts... I just went on quite the tangent.

:rotfl:

gi8VGnn.gif

Class At Disneyland?! What Could Be More Magical Than That? Oh. Wait.
7/10/18: Character Madness

Actually, my second class at Disneyland, but YES, today was another day where my Blended Learning Series class that I had to take as part of my Disneyland College Program was gonna be hanging out in the park. Last time we had a cross park experience, today was only at Disneyland where we were going to continue to learn a bit more about the park, particularly Main Street USA and Toontown, if I recall correctly. We met outside the park though to get our assignment. While we waited, we noticed this interesting project going down.

Click to watch!

Essentially what was playing out was that there were some guys trying to fit this huge cooler into those skinny little lockers. It was quite a sight. We thought they couldn't do it and thought the whole thing was futile when POP it went in. Wow. Shocker. Except... good luck to them getting it out, EEK.

ANYWAYS, after watching that we got our assignment. I don't remember all details chronologically or specifically but it was a team scavenger hunt, first to find a pumpkin modeled after a former Disney exec in Toontown then we had to take photos of each member of our team with our favorite spot on Main Street (my choice was the Main Street Cinema (lovely quiet spot)) and pick out a window dedicated to a famous Disney individual (we picked Elias Disney's special window). It wasn't fun as the last team we were in the park where we had to ride a ride in the land's we visited (and had time to ride one in the other lands), but it meant we were close to finishing up with these classes. It was sad but also a relief since let me tell you, not easy getting up early to go to them. Not at all.

But we got lovely photos of Main Street. Say hello!

After we turned in our assignment, most everyone wanted to head home before work. I however wanted to play before work because that's what I always did. I'd already dropped off my bag in a locker at Costuming so I was good to stay. My friends Kaitlyn and Lakeland stuck around for a bit. Kaitlyn and I first grabbed some sweet snacks from Jolly Holiday. I got a Matterhorn Macaroon while Kaitlyn went with a gluten free route so as not to give her issues when she went in for her shift.

She didn't stick around after that though while Lakeland stuck with me. Her shift was sooner than mine but she hadn't had a character day with me since our second day in the park so she didn't stay the whole time but was there through most of it.

First, after seeing how long the line was at Fairytale Hall decided to go visit Tink in her Hollow.

I don't remember too too much about this meet. I know Tink remembered me and was very excited to hang out with us. I think she was throwing some major shade at Peter and Wendy today. Again, I don't have notes and my Instagram posts don't help so I'm not sure what happened. Kinda the case here on out it has been so long. My apologies but I promise to regal you with as many crazy stories as I can.

After Tink, we saw Aurora was on her way so went to go meet her. Lakeland then remembered she had some things to take care of quickly elsewhere so went off to do that while I met Aurora on my own time. While waiting, a few friends from Wonderland stopped by.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

They had us entertained and laughing for sure. Eventually they left and Aurora showed up.

She was so sweet as always. I believed we talked more about purple being the perfect color to dwell Merriweather and Flora's bickering, maybe dream princes. Then we got a lovely twinning photo. All the fun with my original fave.

Bidding her adieu and meeting back up with Lakeland, we headed back over to the Hall and found it pretty vacant so we hopped in line and soon enough were in the presence of all our lovely princess friends.

Meeting princesses was so casual at this point, it was always the same photo but I loved catching up with them and introducing them to new friends. Ariel was the one who was a bit off, but she was still bubbly. Snow and Cindy were the real highlights if you couldn't tell hehe

After meeting with them, I checked the times and noted Tiana was gonna be meeting on the boat soon. Lakeland started checking the time as her shift started soon-ish. Luckily, she still had time so she would be able to join me for Tia and maybe some other meets. We were moving quickly so hopefully this would too.

Continue Here

Last edited:

Okay the class you took sounds SUPER fun? Like I'm jealous of it????????? I should have put DLR down as my top pref for this summer. Major FOMO.

Cute day as usual, love the pics with my girl Tink and love YOU

The Queens of New Orleans Square, The End

As soon as we arrived at the Frontierland Landing, the Mark Twain was coming in. Tiana and her host came out right on schedule. I actually knew both of them so they both immediately noticed me so obviously, could not avoid them. However, we went up top as the boat left port before going to say hi to them.

Click to watch!

We then went to say hi to Miss Tia and her host. She was very happy to see me and meet my new friend. I don't remember much of our conversation but I do remember we had a fabulous photoshoot.

She told me she would use that over-the-shoulder shot in the future. Not sure if she did, but I'm glad she thought it was a cute choice.

When we got off the boat, I looked to see if Redd was out and there in the distance I saw that fiery pirate prancing about out in front of NOS. Lakeland had never met her before so I dragged her along with me to meet her. Redd was basically being MOBBED when we got over. It also seemed like there was no way we'd be able to meet her since everyone else was pushing through. Then she saw and recognized me and told me as she was about to finish up meeting with people outside her ride that she wanted me to stick around. She announced she was leaving and then pulled me along to talk.

Redd is honestly so awesome. I want to grow up to be her. She knows what she's got to do and takes charge of a group of men who have no respect for women but she MAKES them respect her. We stan. Also, lowkey I always have the best time with her. I mean, she let us walk with her then get photos in front of the Columbia. We love a Pirate Queen.

Redd was not one to waste time and after Lakeland got her photos with her, she went on her way and headed on back to the Black Pearl to ensure Jack wasn't causing too many problems on her ship. Oh, bless that queen keeping things running smoothly. Yup, Jack Sparrow could never.

When she went away, Lakeland said she had to go so I hugged her goodbye then continued doing my thing. I decided I needed a break from socializing and went to go ride Space Mountain. Single Rider wasn't long and I was out through Space and back in no time.

I then went back to Fantasyland and checked to see who might be out. It said that Hook and Pan would be hanging around the Small World mall so I went there. I expected them to be together but they had come out and were meeting separately. I went to go talk with Pan first. I made a friend in line who agreed to take my photos as well as hers. Love how agreements like that work out so easily (so much easier to do at Disneyland than WDW).

I believe we discussed what Tink had told me earlier about she planned to get rid of Wendy and how Peter would thwart all that or just fix those two's rocky relationship. Not the most exciting meet or interesting with Peter, but it was fun talking with him. It had been so long since we last talked. Once we finished, I took photos for the woman I became friends with thanked her and hopped over to go meet Hook. Unfortunately was not able to make friends in his line so they could take my photos, but quickly got someone to take photos at the end. Hook wasn't super talkative. I asked him about why him and Peter were being so cordial which he didn't have much to tell in response so it was very much photo-and-go. Glad to finally get my photo with the infamous codfish.

After Hook, I noticed it was starting to edge closer to the time I needed to clock in so I started heading to the front of the park to see how I could waste what time I had left over there before popping backstage to get ready for my shift.

Continue Here

Last edited:
Your pictures this day are fab! Especially with Tia and Redd! I love that Redd took you with her for a chat and some pics when she was leaving. It sounds like it was a fantastic exclusive kind of interaction. :)

Your pictures this day are fab! Especially with Tia and Redd! I love that Redd took you with her for a chat and some pics when she was leaving. It sounds like it was a fantastic exclusive kind of interaction. :)

Thank you! It was such a fun day and I absolutely adore Redd. She's so fun and great to talk with. Such a queen. :goodvibes

Those pics with Redd in front of the Columbia are pretty awesome! She would definitely be on my list of characters to meet!!

Oh for sure! She rarely has much of a line and is super fun and energetic. Highly recommend spending a few minutes with the lass.

Hello lovelies!

Normally, I don't have anything to tell prior to my updates and I'm sure most of you know already, but yesterday I received some BIG BIG news!

:goofy::donald:I GOT IN FOR ANOTHER DCP!:donald::goofy:

Yup, I'm going back one last time. This time FOR GOOD.

I'm also putting my pan and broom away for good as I was accepted as a MERCHANDISE CAST MEMBER! So I will be around in one of your favorite Disney shops, merchantaining as one would say from June 3rd through January 2nd and beyond, possibly in other roles after that point. But yes, I'M GOING BACK!!!

I'm super excited and there is potentially a trip in the works for that. However, I do have some other applications out there for Disney, but this is the first acceptance and cements the fact that I will be returning to the Disney parks so we're celebrating that. Woohoo! My top choice is to return to Disneyland, but this is a nice stepping stone along the way as I start to deal with loans, taxes, adult life, etc so I'll take what I can get. But YAAYYY THIRD TIME'S THE CHARM! And I continue to hold my record of being accepted within 5 days of my phone interview, woot woot!

Now, back to our regularly scheduled TR for your daily dose of magic...

Main Street USA LOVES Timmy

I didn't have too too much time at this point, which is crazy to think I had time at all considering how much fun I was having and how much I had managed to get done before my shift but I did. However, being far away from Harbor Pointe which is near akin to the front of Disneyland was not smart so I decided to see what was going on out front. When I got there, many of the usual Main Street fur babies were out, but Chip had a particularly short line so I went to go see him.

He was more than happy to see me and was super cuddly and excited. It was so sweet. I love when a Chippy is almost more excited to see me than I seeing them. In honor of how fun we were having, I thought a cute photo was necessary.

However that was not what we got. Someone offered to take a photo of us as we walked away but I didn't want to hold Chip up and went on my way.

Chip was right outside Great Moments so I decided to check in there to see who was around if anyone. Lo-and-behold, Aurora and Snow were hanging out on one side while Cruella and maybe Minnie were on the other. I was more pumped for Aurora and Snow so I went to go see them.

Click to watch!

Then while Aurora and I were talking, Ariel popped on by so I went to go say hi to her too.

To be honest, I was a bit too tired at this point to meet them, but they were fun anyways. However, I had a lapse in thought talking to Snow about her and Tiana making Gooseberry Beignets but instead of Gooseberry I said Boysenberry. Luckily she caught it and knew what I meant. Aurora and I were a bit more casual. I told her about my day then asked if we could twirl together which she was more than happy to oblige. So hype to get a twirling photo with her in her iconic dress. Then right as we finished, Ariel showed up and I was the first to meet her. Unfortunately, the one host there could not stop excitable guests who wanted to meet her instead of the other two. He stepped in in time to guide them toward where the line was and I got to say hi. She was the sweetest, unfortunately she almost got pulled out to sea by the vent behind her that had gotten attached to her dress. Didn't stop us from taking a great photo and our usual great mermaid banter.

After her, I headed out and checked to see it was just about time to head back. I quickly ran to the bathroom, expecting an uneventful visit when I came across this.

Yeah. Some people in a theme park, I swear.

After that, it was backstage, changing and off to work. I can't remember exactly where I was today but I know it was a fairly good shift since I don't have any sad looking selfies on Snapchat which usually means good things. I was very tired after my day prior to work so I was glad at that and ready to get some sleep the next day, hoping it would be as madly magic as today. Stick around!

Continue Here

Last edited:
Hooray on going back!! I'll be on the lookout for you in June and Sept!! The very best CMs are people like you who appreciate and respect the history and purpose and DREAM!!

So I will be around in one of your favorite Disney shops, merchantaining as one would say from May 20th through January 2nd and beyond, possibly in other roles after that point. But yes, I'M GOING BACK!!!

Oh my goodness, congrats!! I'll keep my eyes peeled for you in August! Please let us/me know when you know where you'll be!

So precious. :lovestruc

Hooray on going back!! I'll be on the lookout for you in June and Sept!! The very best CMs are people like you who appreciate and respect the history and purpose and DREAM!!

Awww thank you so much, you're too kind! Do not be afraid to say hi any time you visit, I promise I'm quite friendly and just have a bad case of RVF (Resting Villains Face) sometimes lol

Oh my goodness, congrats!! I'll keep my eyes peeled for you in August! Please let us/me know when you know where you'll be!

Thank you! And definitely. Most immediate updates will be on Instagram but... you never know... there might be an actual full length program TR in store...

So precious. :lovestruc

I only love Chip :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!