-It Takes People To Make The Dream A Reality- DCP Summer 2018 Highlights Trip Report! (COMPLETE 6/6!)

A perfect ending to your busy day!! Those pictures with Pluto!! :lovestruc:lovestruc

Pluto, my goodest boy :goodvibes

Sounds like a great night!! Ugh those pics with Pluto are too cute! I love that Disneyland does late night character greets!

It was! And omg it so is one of the best things, even if they decide that the characters just walk around. Late night meets at Disneyland are so insanely magical.

Lurker here, just wanted to say that I really enjoy your trip reports! Makes me wish I had done the CP back in the day.

Hello! :welcome: Glad you came out of hiding hehe And I'm glad you can have a vicarious look back through my stories. Thank you for reading! :teeth:

I've been lurking a bit here, sorry :)) But thought it's time to say hi! I am heading to DLR this summer for the first time in about 20 years, so love reading your report! Your night time parade pics are awesome!

I've been lurking a bit here, sorry :)) But thought it's time to say hi! I am heading to DLR this summer for the first time in about 20 years, so love reading your report! Your night time parade pics are awesome!

It's all good. Glad you came out of hiding to say hello! :welcome:

Wow, that's so exciting! So it'll be your first time at DCA too? So cool. I'm sure it'll be lots of fun.

And thank you, loved shooting Paint the Night as much as I did. :goodvibes

A quick update on everything, I should let you know I had two interviews with the Disney Store about a week ago and unfortunately was not hired. Pretty sure it was because I did mention hoping to stay with the company in the Parks & Resorts division in the future. They probably wanted me more long term for sure.

In other news, today I have a phone screen for one of my professional internships! This is one of the major preliminary steps to getting one so I'm super stressed but also super hyped. Really really hoping it goes well. Pixie dust NEEDED.

So that's that... time for the update on the day I'm sure you're all most anxious to hear about. Enjoy!

If You Ever Thought For A Moment, I Actually Belonged in NH...
7/6/18: Living My Best Life in 116 Degrees Farenheit

Yes, you read right. Snapchat predicted today as one of the hottest days on record. I had woken up mid-afternoon and gotten ready to head in to play at the Disneyland Resort and it was already 106 degrees. I'd already walked miles to Company D on a day that reached 100. Now, instead of doing what everyone else was doing and staying home while California became a literal oven. I went out.

And could not have been happier.

When I tell you the park was empty, IT WAS EMPTY. Nobody around. At least outside. Even characters were nonexistent because YEAH. Even Disney can't be that cruel. I mean, me the real life Jade from Victorious who never sweats was feeling the moisture. I mean, you can see some people behind me but that was IT. Like the most I saw all that day. And they all mostly hid in the stores. I even had to pop into a store to get some AC before continuing on. I tried to see what they had for slushes but apparently the heat was so bad they weren't mixing properly so they couldn't even sell them.

Yeah, that's what 100+ degrees Farenheit is, my dears.

Anyways, I decided to go with my usual and hit up the Royal Hall. It was essentially dead over there. I think there was one family going in in front of me then it was me and I got to spend ample time with all my favorite royal friends.

They were all so fun today. Royal Hall in general lays on the AC so it wasn't much a different day for the princesses, but with nobody wanting to be outside in record temps... they were oh so excited to have someone to talk with. We obviously talked about how crazy the weather was and such and ways to cool down. Pretty sure Ariel and I talked about how nice it would be to have mermaid fins today. Granted she does love those human legs so we had a minor disagreement but that's all good. I got lots of advice on drinking lots of water, which I was already on top of with a water packed away in my bag. That in mind, I was in and out and back on my way.

I decided to check out Pixie Hollow to see if maybe that was open even with the heat and it was. My friend Jen was working as a Host and I gave her a big hug. She shockingly didn't seem that tired and sent me right on in saying, "Come say hi to our fairy friend, FAWN!"

FAWN?!?!?!

FAWN THE GARDEN TALENT FAIRY?!?!?!

Y'all.

I was gagged.

Wow. This heat was bringing some major magic today. Whoa.

She was so sweet. I was so shook I didn't know what to say. I somehow managed to explain my shock that she was visiting. She told me about how she was out visiting because she had to send the animals away since it was way too hot for them with this weather. What a caring FAIRY QUEEN. And we got such good photos. The lighting where she was in the Hollow was PRIME. Ugh, what a great day I was having cooking in the sun. Already worth it.

After saying goodbye and getting more advice about proper hydration, I decided to see what outdoor attractions were open. The Matterhorn unfortunately was closed so I nixed that. Most outdoor attractions were minus say Splash Mountain. Shockingly, the teacups were open with no wait so I walked onto that. They did advise us there to check the seats on the ride before sitting to not burn ourselves. I did and even with my short white shorts I still managed to not burn myself. My spot of tea was piping and not cooling by any means but it was fun. I did however need to find a way to cool down.

I weighed my options and knew that most of the indoor and water attractions were off to the other side of the park so off to my fave New Orleans Square I went. Over there, it was the emptiest I had seen it in awhile. It was gorgeous. Oh, even though I genuinely felt like I was being cooked alive nothing could stop me from being so happy and hyper. Bless Mother Nature for giving me a day like this.

The Mark Twain was still running surprisingly but I needed to get out of the heat and I came upon Pirates which barely had a wait, again SHOCK, since most of the indoor attractions had wait times that skyrocketed. Pirates however, she was sitting pretty so I was all for that.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Ah DLR OG Pirates. No other Pirates could ever.

Anyways, the water and AC helped some more but I needed some refreshment. I was running around quite a bit, it was time to get one of my faves in my body to recharge.

Continue Here

Last edited:
It's all good. Glad you came out of hiding to say hello! :welcome:

Wow, that's so exciting! So it'll be your first time at DCA too? So cool. I'm sure it'll be lots of fun.

And thank you, loved shooting Paint the Night as much as I did. :goodvibes
'

Thanks. I may have exaggerated, I was there in 2001, so I think maybe DCA was pretty new then? So I did see it. But it was a really quick trip and I look forward to experiencing more this time. We have two full park days, which I know isn't nearly enough, but hopefully since we can hop back and forth we'll get the see the highlights of both and maybe a night time parade!

'

Thanks. I may have exaggerated, I was there in 2001, so I think maybe DCA was pretty new then? So I did see it. But it was a really quick trip and I look forward to experiencing more this time. We have two full park days, which I know isn't nearly enough, but hopefully since we can hop back and forth we'll get the see the highlights of both and maybe a night time parade!

Ah, gotcha. I think two park days works totally fine. My first time at Disneyland, I spent three days and most of my last day we spent doing a lot of things over again. I think the only major thing we did that was new was Mickey and the Magical Map since it was only performing on weekends. Everything else we did that was "new" were M&Gs which kinda just fit in to kill time. I think having park hoppers is the best thing since at DCA you tend to do everything in a day. I also HIGHLY recommend MaxPass, it saved me A LOT of time on my first visit and I got free Photopass with it too. Hopefully Paint the Night will be back because that is a MUST, if not Soundsational tends to have early nighttime runs so that's definitely one to see (but I'd probably pick Disneyland's Fant over that). :thumbsup2

I think having park hoppers is the best thing since at DCA you tend to do everything in a day. I also HIGHLY recommend MaxPass, it saved me A LOT of time on my first visit and I got free Photopass with it too. Hopefully Paint the Night will be back because that is a MUST, if not Soundsational tends to have early nighttime runs so that's definitely one to see (but I'd probably pick Disneyland's Fant over that). :thumbsup2

Thanks for the tips!! Yes, we are planning on the MaxPass, I have to do some more reading on how that all works compared to how it is at WDW. From what I can tell DLR takes less planning, but I still want to have an idea of what my "must do's" will be!

Man, I don't love the heat (I live in the Phoenix area, where we spend about 7 months every year cooking) but I would totally take it to to experience that empty park! How fun! And I loved the pictures with Pluto from a few entries before that. :)

Man, I don't love the heat (I live in the Phoenix area, where we spend about 7 months every year cooking) but I would totally take it to to experience that empty park! How fun! And I loved the pictures with Pluto from a few entries before that. :)

Oh wow, I've heard nightmare stories about that region of the country. Like you were WAY above what we were experiencing in Anaheim. But yeah, so worth it for the empty park. And thank you! Pluto and I always had the cutest photos. :goodvibes

From Mint Juleps to Guess The Princess And Over to DCA
7/6/18: Living My Best Life in 116 Degrees Farenheit

You know what fave I was talking about I'm sure? I WAS IN NEW ORLEANS SQUARE. THE MINT JULEP, OF COURSE!

Click to watch!

And what a MOOD that put me in.

Click to watch!

Yes, we were reaching those peak temperatures and I was still happy as a clam. Speaking of clams... clamshells... Ariel! I should stop by again. Why not? I was high on life and I mean, princesses in AC. Also, based on the fact that I just happened to casually meet Fawn today, maybe I'd get a special princess today. Back over to Fantasy Faire I went.

As I entered into the Hall line which was nonexistent for real at this point, I noticed there was a mystery princess. Oooooo, hopefully it was someone I hadn't met in the Hall before. I had a great convo with the host at the front. I forget who it was, usually I remember but they were so nice and remembered me from previous visits. Whoops lol

I went in and had one of the best visits in the Hall ever.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Then, to continue on from DANCING WITH ARIEL (who even asked if I would stop by again) and Snow and I gassing each other up with our matching bows, Snow walked me over to go see who was in the next room, who I happened to catch a glimpse of when meeting.

She asked, "Do you have any guesses who's there?"

I answered...

"MULAN!"

Click to watch!

WE LOVE A WARRIOR PRINCESS THAT SAVED CHINA. She was so awesome, so confident and strong. She's a very serious one too. It wasn't my first one meeting her at DLR but much like the first time, this one was for the books. (For those of you who follow my Twitter, no, this was not the time I told her how Ariana Grande saved the gays. That was on a day I skipped.)

After saying goodbye and promising to work on my stretches and warrior stances, I was back out into the heat. I thanked the host who followed me throughout the Hall since I realized that they were taking those awesome videos as well as the great posed photos. Honestly deserved a 4 Keys Card. I complained about going out into the heat per usual then was back out into the heat. Typical.

Agh, again could not believe how amazing this day was going. I thought I'd be dying and wanting to leave early to rest before I had to come back for the special ExPIERience we had that night at Pixar Pier (a Cast Members only event to experience the Pier). Guess I was gonna stay right up until that even with a long shift the next day in near equal heat to today.

I had done enough around Disneyland for the time being so I decided to hop on over to DCA.

When I got over there, it was even more dead than Disneyland was. Just as hot and with so many weird arrangements for characters. Daisy was inside the Photopass pick-up place. Mickey and Minnie looked to be going in there too or over inside Walt & co. As I walked further in, they were using the lobby of Carthay Circle for M&Gs. I wasn't very interested in seeing any of them so I decided to head into Marvel territory to see who was out there. The Incredibles were over here now with Frozone and Mr. Incredible hiding in the shade of their preview. A line still was in place for Black Panther and Black Widow. Spidey ran past. Then I saw Gamora was finishing up her meet. I initially was gonna hop in line then saw her leaving and she spotted me and seemed to want me to come over. I did and ended up going for a little walk, talking about the heat and such. She's not much of a conversationalist, but she was definitely struggling with the day so I think me, a familiar face, was nice to help deal with it.

When we got over to where she had to go back to the Milano, we took a quick selfie.

I checked on the wait time for Guardians and as expected, being one of the only E-ticket indoor attractions the line was long so I decided to nix my idea of going to ride that. I thought I went through Marvel land rather quick so I decided to head back. Lucky for me I timed it well and Spidey was back out playing around so I decided to hop in line for him. What little line he did have.

(I don't know when this will be posted but if you haven't seen Into The Spider-Verse yet, YOU NEED TO SEE IT. Best Spidey movie ever and this is coming from a die-hard fan.)

He was so bubbly and hyper even dealing with this heat. I asked how he was dealing with and he was just as adamant about how great a day he was having. Then I asked how his friend Peter Parker was feeling and well... yeah, the heat was a bit much. These poor heroes, but what a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man he was and is. Miss his antics and friendliness so much.

After scaring Spidey with my ease with the Spidey pose, I said farewell to Peter I mean Spidey I mean Peter I mean Tom Holland, GAHHHHHH I LEFT MARVEL LAND. DCA had plenty more that I could conquer today in this heat. Just you wait.

Continue Here

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter