IT`S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE...COCKTAILS, STEAKS AND CAKES..11 JOLLY HOLIDAY NIGHTS @ RPR-DEC 2019

After we had watched Marilyn and her entourage, we dropped our stuff into the lockers and went to do The Mummy.

This is a must do ride for us every trip......the theme is phenomenal and many folks take a walk through the full line if it`s not too busy, purely because it`s cool. But, today we did use our EP even though it didn't have a long regular line.

We ask for the front again and we get it, and then set off without a full vehicle which is quite unusual. This ride is so much fun...….you are hit by the them first then the coaster part starts and it whoops you up before you know it!!! We love it.....there is a reasonable drop after a brief stop and then you go...…..and your teeth can rattle at this point!!! We just whoop and laugh all the way round till you stop all too short.....I wish this ride was longer as it is wonderful!

We go on again and this time we get the front again, but the vehicle is full.

When we come out we see the stilt guys wandering around, and on our last couple of trips we didn't see the guy in the picture below and wondered if he`d left.....over the years since 2007 we have had our picture taken with this man every trip.....so we were glad to see him still there. It`s definitely a tradition. Of course they never speak, but one visit a man tried to push forward to get in front of us to get a picture with him......he very clearly No to the man with his finger wagging...….the guy didn't argue.....lol.....but he does keep in character and is excellent at what he does. He had also given me blooming good scare one year too where he crept up behind me and bent down to right beside my head......I was looking at my camera so had no clue he was there!!!! I jumped about three feet in the air! Cool guy!

i-rHLQx7t-X2.jpg

The parks are filled with areas where there is live entertainment on offer throughout the day and this group of singers are excellent.......the little crowd always seem to enjoy them and of course at this time of year it is a festive theme they are singing to...…..we stand for a time then move on.

i-98zcq2S-X2.jpg

i-4CJM8fd-X2.jpg

Round by the lagoon we can see just how quiet this area this morning, and we are slightly too early again to see the fabulous Beat Builders...high energy (very high energy) group of young men who bop around to energetic music......they are quite exhausting to watch, but very entertaining. But, we wouldn't be seeing them today again.

i-SDWh9bN-X2.jpg

San Francisco area is one of our favourites…….very pretty and colourful too. And it does have Chez Alcatraz which is super little bar, which we don`t visit often enough.....and Lombards. Now this is a place that despite a not so good experience last time, is somewhere that we do like, and Kyle likes it too. In fact he asked if we could eat there this time at some point......so despite my vow to not go back.....for my son, yes I`d go back.....

:rotfl:

i-XfqhnJ3-X2.jpg

i-szbfh39-X2.jpg

My two love MiB and The Simpsons...….I`m kinda ok with MiB but can`t do Simpsons due to the motion sickness it causes me and think it`s one of the three worst rides in the park.....the other two being Jimmy Fallon....although I do like the Panda and the building, and Fast & Furious...….not quite sure which one is the worst!!!

So, they wanted to go do those rides and I said I`d mooch around here while they did that......so I got to sit in the sun which was now lovely and warm.......and take some snaps while they went to fight for the galaxy or something like that!!! I did give them my card to get it stamped beside their tree.......although I could get it another day if they forget......which of course they did!!!

But, while they were gone I had a lovely time wandering around and spent a huge amount of time chatting to folks today. People just like to chat and I like that a lot.......and you do get into some odd conversations at times.......one guy heard that a lot of Scottish homes didnt have indoor bathrooms!!!!! Seriously!!! Even he laughed......I think he had watched a Scottish show set in the 1700`s! But, what a nice man and lovely family from Indiana who I chatted to for a while.

And I think people in general do like to chat, as I sat down beside the fountain and a woman just started a conversation about shoes...…lol.....she was funny.

i-zfSK9Dt-X2.jpg

The shrunken head and the conductor are an absolute hoot.....I didn`t go speak to them today as there was quite a line, but if you get the chance to interact with them, do it, they are so funny, and a little risque.....one time the shrunken head said he didn`t believe we were Scottish as he didn`t smell alcohol off us.....lol....and of course the conductor was suitably mortified.....we laughed a lot at that guy!!

And don`t miss going to look at the rear of the bus as you can look in and see the beds and luggage too....it is identical to the bus in the movie.

i-k7tmVk9-X2.jpg

i-FrhKknD-X2.jpg

i-HW7mHf6-X2.jpg

There is so much to see around these areas you could pass hours just wandering around looking at the detail and precision in the designs of the buildings alone.

i-6QkXCnB-X2.jpg

I`m looking out for my two now as they shouldn`t be too long now till they`re back.......after a quick wander round DA we plan to get the train over to IOA. So with food coming up soon, I know they won`t be too long.

There are a few places in the Studios we won`t eat in.....Mel`s Diner is awful, and although we used to love it, we don`t eat in Louie`s for pizza anymore.

i-cpmbHHT-X2.jpg

i-8hLSzCH-X2.jpg

I turn and see them coming over the bridge proudly talking about their high score on MiB, I think it was almost 800,000 which the Aussie family were very impressed with!!! And tell me they forgot to get my tree card stamped.......I kind of guessed really! So we head into Diagon Alley and we do enjoy the decorations that JK Rowling allowed to be put up a couple of years ago.

It is beautiful.

Looking into The Leaky Cauldron you can see their minimalist decor too.....it`s just enough to look Christmassy without being too much or too out of place.

i-whNNt2k-X2.jpg

i-c4Sktv7-X2.jpg

Who doesn`t love Gilderoy Lockhart......he plays his part so well...….

i-2Rjr33P-X2.jpg

i-2wRqk8z-X2.jpg

i-kxKSRMX-X2.jpg

i-r5r78C4-X2.jpg

i-LNsW4kF-X2.jpg

We missed the Celestina Warbeck singers today, and we also missed where it snows which we liked to see, but today we just planned to do Gringotts once then get the Hogwarts Express.

People say they manage fine without EP, but we love it!!!! Wouldn`t be without it and the ability to do rides as many times as we like with barely a line. The regular line was 30 minutes right now and had jumped to 45 by the time we came off. So, we only planned to do it once today and it was fun.

I always think this isn`t the best ride, I like it, but never think I rave about it like FJ. Until I go on it and remember just how good a ride it is. I wish the drop was steeper, but that`s wishful thinking.......it isn`t really a proper drop but some seem to think it is. It`s not as good as FJ but still a lot of fun.

It is fun and we come off and collect our stuff from the strangely organised lockers today.....no one is gathered in one corner trying to get into one locker......this was the first time I had seen this!!!

We came back out into the sunshine and grabbed a few more pictures on the way out.

I did like this kettle.....

i-fTxhjgX-X2.jpg

i-nTLksvc-X2.jpg

i-43ZF4mH-X2.jpg

There is something very garish about this pink!!!

i-sHfMK4g-X2.jpg

i-Sccb7vp-X2.jpg

i-qzncGBs-X2.jpg

Back outside it was lovely...….I did wonder if Kyle felt too hot with his hoodie on, but he was fine......I was glad of mine this morning, but now I wish I`d left it at home.

It was so lovely it was warm again though....and had to be nice the rest of our trip and we also hadn`t seen any rain so far which was fabulous.....and we hoped it continued that way!!!

Outside the entrance to Kings Cross.

i-8sxrrrk-X2.jpg

Slightly different looking from the real Kings Cross!! But, not too unalike. This was taken on a trip to London a couple of years ago.

i-Dtc96rn-X2.jpg

There was a little bit of confusion as we went in today, again, some folks didn`t have park to park tickets and some were trying to get in the EP line without having EP .....despite it not being overly busy. But I think some were just confused with which line to go in.

The cool is nice in here, unlike the real King`s Cross, and it smells fresher too!!!

i-TvkGwrF-X2.jpg

This is always a popular part of the line experience. When you can be seen to disappear through the wall.......it is cool!!!

The family in front asked if we`d mind waiting as they had four kids and they all wanted to go through individually.......of course not, we were happy to wait.......and those kids were all beaming from ear to ear as they went through, and everyone who waited behind us was seemingly happy to wait too.......the dad came back and said thank you, this was their first visit and certainly their last for a lot of years...…bless them!!!

We loved seeing the joy in their faces and wished we had caught them as they saw the HE for the first time. But, they had gone on ahead to join what looked like a whole family tree of folks....lol....

But, it is nice to do this.........

i-Jt2fHxH-X2.jpg

i-sTHMSXr-X2.jpg

We just caught Hedwig at the right angle!

i-8NMbBjJ-X2.jpg

IOA and lunch coming up...…..

Have you ever seen ET on the screen in the Mummy? I have looked and looked but can't see it. Our tour guide confirmed that it's there.

The steak we have in the Ale House is like that....cheap as chips but absolutely perfect....but I do think we`ll go back to Cracker Barrell one time.
CB really used to be so good, when on road trips we’d look for one knowing the food would be decent. Have given up on it, unless fellow diners insist.
I must be very dense...I had no idea that there was a rocket launch that day???
Beautiful rainbow btw!
Seriously, an amazing pic.
😅😅
Are you counting cocktails and steaks, too??
Hehe
and the saleswoman too was just pushy....I don't think I`ve ever met one as pushy as she was....she almost had my purse out of my handbag as I was standing there!!!!
That sort tends to make me turn on my heels, hate a hard sell. Her salary likely largely dependent on both sales commision & a kicker for new CC applicants. Still, there are far more subtle strategies to employ.
Freddie Mercury, nice!
The switch out popped out at me too lol.
lol......yes, it’s been Michael Myers for such a long time........I don’t think I’ve ever had a Universal image as an avatar for some reason.....but he’s a hero of mine, so it was either him or George Michael!
Somewhere, in Haddonfield, IL, a Mr Myers is crying lol

instructed not to bash each other off the tracks

I wonder if anyone ever abides by the "no bashing" rule

I am a rubbish bowler.

This made me laugh. I am the black sheep of my family in bowling. Both my sister and cousin could have gone pro and I have never come close to a 300 game.

That is one happy young man!

So happy to see that smile after he was down the previous day.

Ale House on Kirkman tonight

We are trying to decide which to go to when we are down there, the Yard House or Ale House.

Schumi
I’m seeing new pictures in this report
that I haven’t viewed before

The ones you posted above my post are very eye catching especially the invisible wall
I continue to look forward to more ...

Thanks so much mac.........I definitely take that as a compliment knowing how well you know the parks!!! We always say every trip we find something we’ve never noticed before! And we do think.....how’d we miss that....::yes::

And always glad to read you’re enjoying it too........:wave2:

CB really used to be so good, when on road trips we’d look for one knowing the food would be decent. Have given up on it, unless fellow diners insist.

Seriously, an amazing pic.

Hehe

That sort tends to make me turn on my heels, hate a hard sell. Her salary likely largely dependent on both sales commision & a kicker for new CC applicants. Still, there are far more subtle strategies to employ.

The switch out popped out at me too lol.

Somewhere, in Haddonfield, IL, a Mr Myers is crying lol

I think what you said about location rings true......a friend of ours went to a CB in Kissimmee and thought it was dreadful......but they tried again at one on the road to Clearwater and loved it!!

Glad you liked the picture......yes, turns me off big time.....it was weird she wasn’t completely pushing the bags, she was focussed on how we’d pay......Tom said we must have looked like hobo’s that couldn’t pay :rotfl:

Oh poor Mr Myers, there‘s a thought lol...........I’ll maybe bring him back for Halloween.......::yes::

Sometimes those days are the best; just hanging with friends and family.

I wonder if anyone ever abides by the "no bashing" rule

This made me laugh. I am the black sheep of my family in bowling. Both my sister and cousin could have gone pro and I have never come close to a 300 game.

So happy to see that smile after he was down the previous day.

We are trying to decide which to go to when we are down there, the Yard House or Ale House.

Yes, I completely agree! We don’t ever feel the need to constantly fill four time with plans and places we have to go.......we’re quite happy just mooching around doing not a lot........

I’m sure there folks who break the rules!! I know I’d struggle not to bash.....lol.......as for the bowling.......I’m glad to hear you’re the same......I just can’t get the technique.....although I have had a few strikes at times, but they were more flukes that talent!!!

Yes, his big smile at that cake was fabulous to see!!

Yard House has some good food, but at night it is the noisiest place on Earth!! We went there last year sometime, got a table and then left as we couldn’t hear ourselves think......the lady on the desk said it’s like that every single night! Lunch was quieter though.

Ale House, for us, we prefer the food compared to YH......much better atmosphere and friendlier all round. We always feel you get the best value at Ale House......prices are amazing for the food we receive. It’s very good bar food. :wave2:

Your writing style has a professional flair to it

You keep the report factual and entertaining
and stay focused

Readers learn a lot from you

Awwww......Thank you so much!!

It is so lovely when someone says they’ve taken a tip or two they never knew before from reading here......always happy to read that! :wave2:

Thank you Zosha :hug: …..we had a lovely time....and hope your Christmas was wonderful too....and I hope you are nowhere near those dreadful and devastating fires over there right now. The pictures being shown are terrifying.....
Hi Schumi. We are about 30kms as the crow flies from the South Australian ones and in suburbia, so never under threat. My daughter’s pony was on a property that was only a km from the fires though so we definitely had a few anxious days hoping it wouldn’t reignite. I’ve actually steered away from social sites recently because the fire news and images have been so overwhelming. All our beautiful wildlife burning. It’s just hideous. And tonight the Kangaroo Island fire has jumped containment lines and is barreling through the rest of the island. Anyway, I’ve come to immerse myself in your lovely happy trip report and take a little mental break in universal Orlando! 🤗

Hi Schumi. We are about 30kms as the crow flies from the South Australian ones and in suburbia, so never under threat. My daughter’s pony was on a property that was only a km from the fires though so we definitely had a few anxious days hoping it wouldn’t reignite. I’ve actually steered away from social sites recently because the fire news and images have been so overwhelming. All our beautiful wildlife burning. It’s just hideous. And tonight the Kangaroo Island fire has jumped containment lines and is barreling through the rest of the island. Anyway, I’ve come to immerse myself in your lovely happy trip report and take a little mental break in universal Orlando! 🤗

Im glad to read you’re all safe, but it is truly dreadful to watch it all over the news and internet. Seeing all the kangaroo and koala corpses laying for miles is horrible.

I’m glad your daughters pony is safe, how worrying that must have been for you all. It is completely devastating to Australia. Everyone we know has donated to the appeal.....

Yes, sometimes you need to take yourself away from harsh realities at times.......hope you enjoy reading........ :wave2:

The pictures are GLORIOUS!! You are doing great with your photography and of course Tom has always been spectacular with his photos.

The decorations are so tasteful in Potterland so Happy JK allowed them to be used.

It’s been heartbreaking to see the devastation and see the numbers as to loss of both human and animal life. Hugs. Hope it is contained soon. One thing that stuck with me is the shell-shocked look on the rescued koala’s faces.

Hello, Happy New Year to you and Tom and Kyle! Hope you all had a great christmas

Enjoying another great trip report, only 9 months to go till we get to go again :):)

The pictures are GLORIOUS!! You are doing great with your photography and of course Tom has always been spectacular with his photos.

The decorations are so tasteful in Potterland so Happy JK allowed them to be used.

Thanks Tink.....so many of mine end up blurry as I don't wear glasses while I`m taking them.....lol.....maybe I`m getting lucky......

Yes, tasteful is a perfect description of them....they just seem to fit.

It’s been heartbreaking to see the devastation and see the numbers as to loss of both human and animal life. Hugs. Hope it is contained soon. One thing that stuck with me is the shell-shocked look on the rescued koala’s faces.

Yes, and seeing those little things seek out water from various fire crews was so tragic to watch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!