"It is the ballroom and I want to dance!" WDW w/ a one and three year old August ‘17 TR

ADS2508

Mouseketeer
Hi and welcome!

My name is Amber. I am a stay at home mom to a princess obsessed, three year old girl, A for this trip report, and an active one year old boy, E for this report. I am a long time lurker of the boards, but not a huge contributor, and this is my first attempt at a trip report.

1_PH564230817-0001.jpg

Growing up my family would head to Disneyland for birthdays, graduations, weddings, funerals, divorces, school breaks, or because it was Wednesday. Some of my earliest memories take place in that park. I still have the ticket stubs from my dad attending Date Night at Disneyland in the 50's. We were a Disneyland family. That is until my now husband, M, proposed at Cinderella’s Royal Table in 2007. Now I try to find any excuse to get to Florida. M has become a bigger and bigger fan of Disney Parks through each of our trips together, but I think taking our kids this time really helped him understand all the magic Disney has to offer.

We booked a woods view room at the Beach Club trip at 195 days out. I got up early at the 180-day mark and made what I thought would be the perfect dining reservations. However, I kept making adjustments to our reservations and I’m not sure I ended up with any of our original reservations by the time we left for our trip. When the free dining offer came out we moved our booking to a one bedroom villa at the Boardwalk for about $200 more for the week. This worked out really well for our family. Having access to laundry in the room was worth the extra cost alone.

We told A right away about the trip. I was afraid that she would get overwhelmed in the parks so we laid a lot of groundwork. I think this was important based on her personality and really helped us have a successful trip. We would talk about what she could expect, watched YouTube videos, and let her look at lots of pictures. At 60 days out we started a countdown with little surprise bags every day. It helped her to see how much time we had left and helped her get excited. Next year we plan on waking her up and telling her we are going to Disney World to avoid the endless "can we go yet?" To be fair, my husband may say the same thing about me.

We had a lot of fun on this trip with a ton of pixie dust and I am excited to share a little bit of it with you!

Last edited:
Every ones favorite day, Travel Day.

We had an early morning departure planned, and I had our alarm set for 5:30 with plans to wake the kids at 6:00 and load them straight into the car. Like most of us here I was so excited I couldn't seem to fall asleep until after 1 am. Which was a bummer, because A ended up waking up with bad dream at 5 am and she was not going to settle back down. We decided to just go ahead a get up and get going. It was still dark as we were loading into the car at 5:45, and A asked if she could go trick-or-treating at the neighbors. After we convinced her that going to airport was a better idea and the neighbors did not have candy for her, we headed out and got to DCA without issue.
IMG_3878.jpeg IMG_3885.jpeg
They had a family line at security, which sounded great with a one and three year old, but everyone had a stroller. They took every bag over to undergo additional screening and the person who was inspecting the strollers kept disappearing. There were only 4 people in front of us at Security, but it took over 45 minuets for them to clear the line.

It was the most stressful flight I have ever been on. E started screaming during take off and continued until we landed when he finally fell asleep. We tried everything, but he wouldn’t stop, and the flight attendants just glared at me. I did not expect them to help in anyway, but we were truly trying everything we could think of to settle him down and those looks did not help.
IMG_3891.jpeg

Lucky, there was another 3 year old across the aisle and A invited her to play playdoh and dolls and they were happily occupied the entire flight. I knew the flight was going to be difficult (not as hard as it was) and that after 2 hours with E as a lap child I would not feel up to holding him for an hour on a bus. So I booked a private transfer with Florida Tours. Being able to stop and pick up snacks and liquor for the room was a big added bonus. The car and driver were fine, but I was not impressed by their supplied car seats or their install.

We pulled into the Boardwalk around 11:30, just minutes after I received the text asking us to stop by the front desk before going to our room. There was a decent line, but the CM greeter’s Mickey gloves fascinated my kids and they were fully occupied giving him high 4s the entire time. Apparently the system was having trouble programming A’s magic band. It worked out well as the front desk cm saw that we had 2 boxes delivered to the convention center, and because it was closed she had the boxes sent to the room and did not charge us for the delivery. I had hoped for a quick lunch and naps, but I knew that was not going to work and regrouped

Last edited:
Travel Day - Saturday - Part 2

Prior to our trip we debated a ton about what to do the first day. Originally we thought about going to Disney Springs for the afternoon, but we ultimately we decided that one of the benefits of staying at the Boardwalk was the easy access to Hollywood Studios and Epcot and we wanted to take advantage of that. Our FP’s were all booked for that afternoon at Hollywood Studios. A's favorite movies are Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, and Toy Story. So I thought that she would enjoy seeing the shows and a spin on Toy Story Mania on the first day. However, all A could talk about was seeing the princesses. She just kept saying, “please mommy can we go meet a princess today? Pretty please.” Well there was no way I could say no to such a request and I started to rearrange our day in my head.

We headed in the opposite direction I originally planned and crossed the international gateway about 10 minutes before Belle's 2nd set. We went straight there and were the 5th group in line. The second A saw her she gasped and said she was so beautiful. A was a little shy during her meet and she never really smiled, but as we walked away all she could say was that was the most amazing thing ever.

EPCOT_WSFRN_20170826_404476588494.jpeg EPCOT_WSFRN_20170826_404476588493.jpeg

At that point everyone was starving and we made our way to Tangerine cafe. Food was just what we needed and while we sat there I played the FP refresh game and ended up with a FastPasses for 2:00 pm on Nemo, 3:00 at Character Spot, and a 415 Soarin’.

IMG_3903.jpeg IMG_3919.jpeg

Once we finished lunch we explored the Morocco Pavilion for a bit. I don't know why, but I feel like we always ending up skipping this pavilion. We will not in the future! It is beautiful and we really enjoyed walking around. Plus the food was delicious! It is now my favorite quick service in the World Showcase and I have the table service on my must try for our upcoming trip. We got in line for Jasmine's set about 5 minutes before she arrived and there were only a few people in front of us. A was much more comfortable during this meet. I knew she was excited to meet characters on this trip, and I was increasingly glad I had booked so many character meals.

EPCOT_WSMOR_20170826_404477701663.jpeg EPCOT_WSMOR_20170826_404477701660.jpeg

As we wondered on we were beginning to feel the hot and sticky whether and we saw the Kaki Goris in Japan. We grabbed a Strawberry one to share. A decided she wanted ice cream instead and E, M and I all shared it. It was plenty and delicious. I even got to sample an ear off of little misses ice cream sandwich. We were walking to the Seas, but we were hot and the air conditioning of Mexico called so we went in. The kids' first ride in Disney World was trying to find Donald on the Gran Fiesta Tour. My Donald loving one year old thought it was amazing.

Last edited:
Travel Day - Saturday - Part 3

Now I’m not sure why, but no matter how a trip is planned we always seem to end up in Epcot on our arrival day. It just always seems to work out that way, and so a trip to Mouse gears to pick up a few things seems to becoming a tradition for our family. I grabbed autograph books and an Epcot passport for the kids, M got a new hat, and we browsed around a bit. The real reason for this foray into the store was that about the time we reached the hotel I realized that I left A’s monkey at home. She has not gone anywhere without him since she was 6 months old. I was prepared for our entire trip to suffer from sleepless nights. Thankfully my husband convinced her that Mr Monkey was on his own vacation and that she could pick ANY stuffed animal to sleep with during our vacation. She picked a super soft Olaf after picking up and hugging what felt like every stuff animal in the store. I was starting to twitch as I knew our Nemo FastPass window was quickly expiring, but I knew letting her take her time and picking the right doll was important.

Luckily we were able to scan in just a minute before the grace period ended. We had a very successful ride and played in the Seas pavilion for a bit.

IMG_3907.jpeg IMG_3910.jpeg IMG_3914.jpeg
(Sorry for the dark photos)

After giving the chance to run around and check out the Seas Pavilion we headed to use our Character Spot FP. It was nice to walk right in because I didn’t have time to get nervous about how E would do. A loves meeting the characters and I knew that she wanted that to be the focus of the trip. Prior to the trip I was afraid that he would scream every time we got close to a character and that would make everything much more difficult. He was excited to hug Mickey!

EPCOT_CHRCON4_20170826_404480987767.jpeg

Then he saw Goofy and I don't think he was quite ready for how tall he is and he went running in the opposite direction. Goofy played peekaboo and he was mesmerized but still wanted daddy to hold him.

EPCOT_CHRCON5_20170826_404481044067.jpeg

Up next was Minnie. E was a little hesitant, but once she sat on the floor he went in to say hello.

EPCOT_CHRCON6_20170826_404481170505.jpeg

After that E was done with character interactions. For the rest of the trip he wouldn’t cry, but he would also not get close to any of them. He was always interested in them and excited to see them, but he would hide his head and insist on being picked up any time they tried to interact with him at all.

Last edited:

Travel Day - Saturday - Part 4

At that point we could tell the kids were done. They had been up since 5:30, E had only slept 10 minutes and A hadn't napped at all. We decided to cancel our soaring FP and headed back to room. Both kids passed out in the stroller on the way back. E slept about an hour and half and then played in the room, and A continued to sleep. About 6 we needed to head out for some dinner. I had no ADRs for the day and the QS at the boardwalk are limited so we decided we would try to walk in at Big River Brewing Company. A was still asleep in the stroller so we pushed her out and we walked out into a down poor, but were able to walk mostly covered. A woke up about half way there in an oddly good mood. (Normally she has a hard time waking up and is grumpy for at least 30 minuets.) We had an ok dinner. The food was good, but the service was spotty. On the way back we swung by the bell desk so they could activate the Minnie Vans on my lift app. We then returned to the room and finished unpacking and started our bed time routine.

I have seen a lot of questions about where to put sleeping babies in different rooms. We had A sleep on the pull out couch in the living room, M and I were in the bedroom, and we setups E’s pack n play in the walk in closet. I left the door open, but it gave everyone their own sleeping space. E was still waking up at least once a night for milk. So prior to the trip I ended up renting a rocking chair from A Baby’s Best Friend. It was not very comfortable, but it made bed time so much faster. It also gave me a place to feed him during his 2 am wake ups without having to disturb my daughter in the living room. In order to make the rental minimum I also rented a box of their toys for the room. I was really happy with the company and the ease of use.

Last edited:
Sunday was the day I was most excited about out of the entire trip. It was our first day in the Magic Kingdom!

I had the alarm set for 6:30, but A was up at 6 am so we got up and stared getting ready. E woke up at 645 and we headed out to EMM. I was planning on trying to take the Minnie vans a little after 7 just to allow for a bit of extra sleep, but the app just kept searching for a driver. The bell desk explained that while drivers start between 630 and 7 it can take them 30 minutes to get cars up and running and it can be difficult to get cars prior to 715/30. Luckily, a bus showed up while we were standing at the bell desk and we were able to get on. We had our bracelets by 740 and were ready to go.

MK_ENTR_20170827_404491067043.jpeg

I was bursting with excitement for A to see the castle. I debated taking photos or watching her face and finally decided to just be in the moment. We rounded the corner and she saw it. This was the moment I had been waiting for for months and.....well she could have cared less. When her dad pointed it out to her she looked at it said, “I know we are going to eat there. What ride are we going on first?” That is my adrenaline junkie.

As we walked into New Fantasyland a manager was out letting everyone that Mine train was down meaning our bands would work as a FP on all 3 rides until noon and they had Small World and the carousel running. Of coarse the kids wanted to start with the carousel. This actually meant a lot to me as I have memories of being 2 years old and wanting to ride the carousel at Disneyland, but no one was listening to me. So I crawled out of the stroller and walked up to the ride. The CM helped me on and I had a blast. It is one of my earliest and best memories. When my mom tells this story she includes the frantic parents looking for me and being grateful for an amazing CM who kept the ride running while he contacted security and until my parents arrived. She was terrified and her memories were not quite so magical from that day. Anyway, back to this trip. We were the only ones on the carousel and the CM was amazing. He told A that all the horses belonged to Prince Charming and Cinderella and helped her find Cinderella's special horse. She was very impressed to be able to ride Cinderella's special horse.
IMG_3926.jpeg IMG_3927.jpeg

From there we headed to Peter Pan and A & M rode it 4 times in a row. E rode once, but he got scared when he saw Tic Tock trying to eat Hook at the end and refused to get back on. So while A&M circled I took him to Pinocchio's for a pastry and juice. Everyone met up and we rode it's a Small World. E loved it, but A wanted something a bit more thrilling. She sang the song all day, but it was the only ride she didn't ask to get back on.
IMG_3937.jpeg IMG_3935.jpeg

After greeting all the children of the world we saw that Mine Train was back up and running. A and I headed there while E and M went to Winnie the Pooh. She loved her first Roller Coaster. E hated his ride. M took a spin with A on Mine Train and I let E run around before the masses entered the park.

I have to admit that EMM was one of the things I was most looking forward to on this trip, and it did not disappoint. The CMs were all friendly and helpful. It was also really nice to let our kids explore some of New Fantasy Land and settle in before the crowds hit. Our kids did not ride as many rides as I have read that others managed to get in, but it still worked for us. We definitely felt it was worth the price, and hope it’s still taking place on our next visit.

Last edited:
Sunday - Part 2

By the time we had our spin on Mine Train it was 8:55 and we headed to line up for Cinderella and Elena. A sat right down at Cinderella’s feet, and being the pro she was she went right down to the floor with her. A was just such in awe, but the princesses were really great at engaging her. I am not sure what A and Cinderella discussed, but I remember thinking she was very prim and proper. A and Elena talked about riding a Jaquin and visiting her sister Isabelle in Avalor sometime soon. She was bubbly and very sweet. She was also a very good sport about A's placement of her hand for photos. :rolleyes2:P E was excited to see Elena, and kept squealing his happy noise. However, he would not get remotely close.

MK_PFTHBLUEA1CHAR_20170827_404491821041.jpeg MK_PFTHBLUEA1CHAR_20170827_404491823052.jpeg
MK_PFTHBLUEA2CHAR_20170827_404491783097.jpeg MK_PFTHBLUEA2CHAR_20170827_404491788507.jpeg

After we said hello, we circled back around to the front of Princess Fairytale Hall to meet Rapunzel and Tianna. Tianna asked A if she wanted some beneighs to which A said ew gross. I think Tianna was a little taken aback, but recovered nicely. Rapunzel suggested we go look for pascal by her tower which led A to a week long quest to find him. We never did make it over to the restroom to look for them and she still asks about finding Pascal. I am sure we will spend a good deal of time searching next visit.

MK_PFTHPURPLEB1CHAR_20170827_404492066140.jpeg MK_PFTHPURPLEB2CHAR_20170827_404492094362.jpeg

I am not sure why A insisted on sitting down while she met the princess, but she sat down each time she went up to visit with them. For the most part they sat with her and had some good visits.

I had planned to ride It’s a Small World, and then head to breakfast, but as it had been opened for EMM we were able to head straight to breakfast at 9:20. Breakfast was better than I expected, and the CMs were awesome. They really went out of there way to be helpful. At one point E spilt juice all over the ground while M had gone somewhere. I forget when he was. Before I could even turn around there were 2 CMs with napkins there and they wouldn’t even let me try to help wipe it up. While they were cleaning up another CM showed up with another juice and then insisted on entertaining the kids while I made him another plate. (I should mention I could see him the entire time, but it was nice making sure he stayed sitting in his high chair.) It really was a great event!

Last edited:

Sunday- Part 3

Being a little bit earlier to breakfast than I planned really worked out because we were done with breakfast by 945 and were able to get in line to meet Gaston prior to him coming out. A is obsessed with Beauty and the Beast. She had been watching YouTube videos of his meet and greets for months and it was her most requested Character meet. While we waited I ran in to grab a LeFou's brew for us to share. A hated it, M & I thought it was ok, E loved it and drank most of it. Gaston was short and actually very sweet to A. They were trying to move through the line quick because it was starting to rain and the handler had announced that he would not sign books. A was a little sad that she couldn’t get his autograph. I told his handler that this was her requested meet. When she told Gaston he responded with, "of coarse it was. I am the best person here." He then asked A if she had an autograph book and he signed it and gave her an extra hug.

MK_GASTONSTAVERNCHAR_20170827_404493280828.jpeg MK_GASTONSTAVERNCHAR_20170827_404493280820.jpeg

From there we walked over to the Little Mermaid ride. A got to hold the red card. She was not impressed and almost seemed annoyed. The ride was pretty much a walk on. After we used our first FP of the day to meet Ariel in Mermaid form where she and A discussed having tails and that A’s would be pink.

MK_GROTTOBCHAR_20170827_404493700328-1.jpeg MK_GROTTOBCHAR_20170827_404493700335.jpeg MK_GROTTOBCHAR_20170827_404493700330.jpeg

You can see how close E felt like getting.

We were going to head back and ride 7d again, but E was getting cranky and in need of a nap. Plus the FP line was wrapped around the back side past the entrance to Enchanted Tales with Belle. So instead we picked up the stroller from the area near the carousel and started walking towards Splash Mountain for our next FP. Normally I would have kept to Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, but Splash was going down for a long refurb the next day and it is our favorite ride. As we were walking over E passed out in the stroller.

IMG_3948.jpeg

We still had time before our window opened which M & A used to watch the Country Bear jamboree while I walked around with E. M & A grabbed a rider swap and headed to find a good laughing place.

MK_SPLASH_20170827_8089912464.jpeg

They were in the first row and got reasonably wet. She looks terrified coming down the drop, but she loved the ride! She asked to go on it many more times that week, and was somewhat disappointed that it was being worked on for the rest of our trip.

Meanwhile, before Splash Mountain A had asked for a bag of cotton candy. I got in line to grab some while they were on the ride at the popcorn cart by the bridge into Adventureland. I asked for a bag with as much pink cotton candy as possible. The CM said she had two that were to small to sell apart so she gave me both of them for a snack credit. It was really nice, but a lot of cotton candy. I also bought a refillable bucket with the Maple popcorn to snack on. The bucket was amazing, and a great value for the trip. We refilled it many times. It was great to just hand the kids popcorn to snack on to keep them happy in the stroller. I parked the stroller on the bridge and enjoy my snack while watching riders come down the drop. I got to see A laughing hysterically as they came around the bend right after the drop. We were planning on using rider swap, but we had an important reservation to get to and I never did get back over to use it.

Last edited:
Sunday - Part 4

After M & A had finished their ride on Splash Mountain it was time to head to the castle for lunch with some princesses. This lunch was a combination of amazing and a disaster. E woke up just as we were heading in and he was still tired and hungry. They let me order him his own bowl of m&c ($30) rather than getting him the entire meal. He ate that and began to melt down. M finally just had to leave the restaurant and take him outside. I was a bit disappointed because I had ordered several special items for the end of this meal, and they left just as those were brought to the table. I think I mentioned earlier that my husband proposed at Cinderella’s Royal Table 10 years ago.
image17.jpeg (A quick throwback)

We were actually sat at the same table from the night we were engaged. As part of the engagement package we were supposed to receive some toasting flutes, but they were out of stock and we never received them. Those glasses come up in conversation from time to time. So as a surprise I had ordered the glasses for a champagne toast at the end of the meal, but due to E’s meltdown M completely missed it. To keep the kids happy and occupied while we enjoyed our drinks I had ordered them the specialty crown and slipper deserts. I like the chocolate cake they come with now, rather than the pastry that used to be on the plate. A loves to dress up, but the premise of BBB freaked her out. She did not want to wear makeup or nail polish. So I thought it would be fun to order a crown to be delivered to the table from Cinderella. I was a bit disappointed with the quality for the price, and I will not do that again.
IMG_3985.jpeg

Ok enough of the rough part. At the beginning of lunch A was enjoying herself, but while we talking about the trip and eating lunch in the castle I guess I had failed to tell her that princesses would be at the castle. When they walked in she was besides herself. She couldn't even sit in her seat and would just bounce around. Seeing her face and hearing her sequel each time they introduced the next princess made the trip worth everything.
MK_CRTLOBBYCHAR_20170827_404496032718.jpeg IMG_3951.jpeg IMG_3955.jpeg
IMG_3960.jpeg IMG_3973.jpeg
Luckily we were the 4th table that the princesses visited and we had seen them all before we finished our entry. Even with the specialty deserts, we had paid our bill and were ready to head out about the time they started the wishing ceremony.

A & I found the boys out side watching a little girl pull the sword from the stone and we headed back down Main Street. On our way out E saw the ballon people and went crazy trying to get to them. So a pink and blue ballon were added to the stroller and we headed to the bus. It was really windy and those balloons just kept hitting M & I in the face. I don’t know why know, but at the time we found it extremely funny that no matter what we did those balloons kept smacking us in the head. By the time we reached the bus we were laughing so hard I’m sure people thought we were crazy, but it’s a fun memory. As we walked back into the Boardwalk the afternoon thunderstorm rolled in. The kids both took naps and the adults took some good down time.

Last edited:
Sunday - Part 5

We thought long and hard about how we wanted to tour with the kids. I grew up in a family where you tour from open to close, but we decided that A was not typically a great stroller napper plus with the heat everyone would need a break. We took advantage of the location of our resort and for the most part we scheduled our days where we would take a bus to a location once a day and then have the option to walk or take a boat to another location the other half of the day. So if we took the bus to the Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom in the morning, we would head to Epcot or to HS in the afternoon. If we were in Epcot or HS in the morning we would have dinner at the Magic Kingdom or another resort. This worked well for us, and we really utilized our hoppers for the first time this trip.

When the kids woke up I fixed them a snack and they both crawled in the stroller with their shoes unprompted. They were ready to go!

When I was planning I wasn’t sure how they were going to be in the afternoon, especially with all the early mornings. I was really pleasantly surprised with how well they behaved the entire trip. While they were sleeping I had managed to grab a Toy Story Mania FP and as they were ready to head to the parks we took off. As luck had it as we walked out onto the boardwalk a friendship boat pulled up to take us to HS.
IMG_4009.jpeg STUDIO_HBKEYSTO_20170827_404506773990.jpeg
Not having to fold up a stroller was amazing.

We rode Toy Story, where none of our scores were stellar.
IMG_4016.jpeg IMG_4020.jpeg
I forget how jerky that ride is. E freaked out after the first turn and M spent the ride trying to calm him. A just wanted to see Jessie and had no real interest in wearing the glasses or shooting the targets.

We had a quick dinner at ABC where we split 2 of the BBQ platters. I know most people don’t like the food, but we found it to be good for what it was.

IMG_4029.jpeg
While we were enjoying dinner I grabbed a Star Tours FP. We headed that way and grabbed a rider swap. E and I walked around the area, but there wasn't much to do nearby so we people watched. I then got to ride with A. As we were at the loading dock they wanted to measure her and I braced myself for what was coming. A has a really really weird phobia of being measured. She hates it, and it typically brings on hysterical behavior. I knew that at just under 42” barefoot she would pass with flying colors and luckily she didn’t have to get even remotely close to the stick before the CM was like never mind you are good. Luckily, it was the only time someone even remotely looked at her height. A laughed the entire ride and wanted to ride again.

However, at that point it was closing in on 8 pm and way past when we should have already started bedtime, so we started to head out. Then as we were passing Olaf's meet and greet space I noticed that while the sign said 25 minutes no one was in the line. I asked the attendant and she said that no one was actually there. So in we walked with one family in front of us. Right as A walked up the "In Summer" track started playing and the two started dancing as A sang some of the words to him.

STUDIO_CELEBRITYACHAR_20170827_404510539229.jpeg STUDIO_CELEBRITYACHAR_20170827_404510542770.jpeg STUDIO_CELEBRITYACHAR_20170827_404510542773.jpeg

A had a great full 5 minutes with the huggable snowman with just our family there. We finally headed out around 830 to find a friendship boat waiting. On the ride back E poured an entire bucket of popcorn on himself then proceeded to eat most of it. Oh well it kept him from screaming and sitting in the stroller. Got the kids down and the adults passed out pretty quickly after that. Which was good because we had another very full day coming up.

Last edited:
Monday - Part 1

E slept straight through to 6:45 when he heard my alarm. It was amazing! I had wanted to get out of the room by 730 to head to breakfast but we didn't leave until 750.

We had PPO breakfast at Garden Grill, and I had wanted to check in by 800, but checked in at 810 and were seated by 815. Our waitress here was amazing. She played and had a great time with the kids and characters, kept everything moving, and provided a lot of great suggestions. For example, she saw quickly that E had zero interest in the characters and suggested putting his highchair on the inside of the table and have me sit between him and the characters. This really helped with his anxiety and we had a really good meal.

I figured we were to late to beat the rope drop people to Soarin and decided we would just enjoy breakfast and hope the line wasn't outrageous when we got there. However Dale walked up to the table as we were being seated and Pluto showed up quickly after that. The interactions were fantastic with each spending several minutes at our table, except for Mickey who gave a wave and if a little 3 year old had not jumped out of her chair and grabbed him for a hug would have kept going. He was there less than 30 seconds and moved on with barely acknowledging anyone. With the food coming quickly in the skillets we ate and headed out by 850.
IMG_4034.jpeg IMG_4060.jpeg IMG_4059.jpeg
IMG_4058.jpeg IMG_4057.jpeg

We grabbed a RS and A and I headed in. We were going to be in the 3rd row in B and I asked if we could wait for front row and they put it in the first chair in C in the front row. We were in the last show prior to everyone showing up from rope drop. We were the only ones in our section. The distortion was a little weird but ok. A loved it and was excited to take M. While they enjoyed the rider swap I took E on living with the land in our own boat. He very much enjoyed it.
IMG_4040.jpeg

Last edited:
Monday - Part 2

After a great time in the land pavilion, we headed back to character spot for another visit with the characters. I had already scheduled this FastPass at our 60 day window. I considered changing this after meeting the characters on our first day, but I was glad I didn’t after I received a request to say good morning to Minnie. Plus it gave us a chance to have them sign their autograph books this time. Mickey made up for the poor interaction from earlier in the day at GG. Goofy was in full on Goof mode photo bombing photos with Mickey and just running around his area. They were just having a good time together. It was a great stop! It also gave me some of my favorite photo pass photos of the entire trip.
EPCOT_CHRCON1_20170828_404515516322.jpeg EPCOT_CHRCON1_20170828_404515516336.jpeg EPCOT_CHRCON2_20170828_404515518307.jpeg EPCOT_CHRCON3_20170828_404515781043.jpeg EPCOT_CHRCON3_20170828_404515781046.jpeg

We headed to the Seas Pavilion and I tried to get the kids to take some photos, but they were having none of it. It was hot and E was late for his morning nap, but that would have to wait.

IMG_4056.jpeg EPCOT_FWROVER_20170828_404516816907.jpeg

So we headed into the Nemo ride. I could tell E remembered the ride from Saturday as he kept clapping his hands saying yes yes fish fish. From there we used the FP that we received with our check for breakfast for Turtle talk with crush. Of coarse we didn't need it but they gave it to us at breakfast and we figured why not. A was upset crush did not pick her, but after an ice cream sandwich all was forgotten. We rode spaceship earth. Neither kid was impressed. In fact they both pretty much cried through the entire thing. Adeline said it was flat out the most boring ride ever. We had a FP for Test Track that we decided to skip as it was starting to sprinkle and we had a special lunch planned and we needed to head out.

Last edited:
Really loving your TR! We're going in February with a 3.5 year old and a 14 month old so your experience sharing is much appreciated!!

Really loving your TR! We're going in February with a 3.5 year old and a 14 month old so your experience sharing is much appreciated!!

Hi! Thanks! Its fun reliving the vacation. I am starting to plan our next trip, and its helping me remember what worked and what didn't. A was 3.5 exactly on this trip and E was 15 months.

Monday - Part 3

We made the right choice to leave the park. E fell asleep in the stroller as we walked out and boarded the friendship boat. We really should have walked, but the boat was right there. We were riding the friendship boat when I got the email that said TT was down and our FP was converted to an anytime FP. It was down for several hours. We never did end up riding it on our trip. Once I saw that I played the fast pass refresh game and scored a 6 pm FP for Frozen. Leaving also allowed us to get to our lunch at Beaches and Cream right on time.

E woke up just as we were ready to be seated and we had a cute little table right by the entrance. We had originally planned to order the kitchen sink for lunch, but decided to alter plans. The kids were starting to get grumpy and really needed realish food. So they got M&C and apple sauce with a scoop of ice cream for desert. E ate all of his. I got the grilled cheese and subbed onion rings for the soup. It was perfect. M got the patty melt. For desert I went with the no way Jose it was alright. Edies is just not my ice cream of choice and like with mixed drinks when you don't start with a good base you are never going to get an amazing result.
IMG_4046.JPG IMG_4045.JPG
Lunch was good and fun as we were staying right there, but I am not sure that it is a place we would go out of our way for if we were staying in a different location.

After lunch we returned to the room for our afternoon break. While we were out they delivered the cake I ordered for M. It has kind of become tradition on a Disney trips to order a cake. Then on our last day we eat the left overs for breakfast and talk about the highlights of our trip. This cake was based off of one we had sent to us when we got engaged.
IMG_4053.jpeg
If I had planned better I probably would not have had it delivered right after a big lunch with massive desserts. I wanted it early in the trip so we could snack on it, but none of us were in the mood to cut right into it.

Last edited:
Monday - Part 4

I have no idea why, but neither M or I took photos from this afternoon in the park. So, this will be text heavy.

The kids slept 2 1/2 hours. M watched the game of thrones finale while I texted photos to all of the grandparents. A woke up and asked to go swimming so we put on our suits and headed down. We stayed for about an hour then returned to the room to change for dinner and our Frozen FP.

Once through security we headed straight for Mexico for some QS. I got the chicken tacos and M got the cheese empanadas and a margarita. We definitely thought my meal was better than his. We were using our meal credits to pay for dinner and ran into a bit of a hiccup as I was ordering. M wanted a margarita to drink and the lady would not let me check out using the meal plan without ordering a drink for him of some sort. I asked if I could substitute a side or desert and she would not let me. We finally settled on a bottle of water and completed my order, but not after me telling her multiple times I didn't want anything else. She would not/could not complete my order without it.

After we set down at the table M was getting the kids settled while I got our utensils and napkins and one of the Ibis (big white bird) came and stole a chicken nugget from the kids meal. One of the CMs saw what happened and within in a few minutes had swapped out the meal for a fresh one.

A made friends with a sister pair at the next table and didn't want to leave, but when I said we had FEA FPs they told her she should go. So she came along happily. We parked the stroller, covered it with the rain cover, and got in line. Just as we scanned our bands there was a huge clap of thunder and the skies opened up and it started pouring. We waited about 40 minutes with the FP and they kept announcing that the stand by wait would be longer then what was expected or posted.We sang along with Elsa and both kids loved it. We then ended up in the dump shop and the kids went crazy. We let them each pick something, because in reality I do not think they were leaving without something. E got an Anna doll and A got a Olaf tea set. At the time I rolled my eyes because the last thing we needed was another stuffed doll, but it has become E's lovey and he has slept with her every night since we have been home.

From there we walked back to the hotel. Before bed we cut into our cake and each enjoyed a small slice. Then it was baths and bed for all.

Last edited:
Enjoying your TR! I love that you let the kids dictate your next moves. Staying flexible. Sometimes I have a hard time letting a FP go and push the kids to make it. I've been getting better though... slowly... LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!