It is never too late to be what you might have been.

Took a little time to wipe the dust of this journal and want to get back to at least weekly post. I recently returned from WDW and "running" the WDW marathon on 1/13/19. I set a new record at the distance... A personal worse of 6:19:32. Thats around 2:20:00 slower than any other marathon I have ran, and is a bit of a eye opener. While I enjoyed the race very much, I did not enjoy how poorly I felt running and being out there, due to a lack of training. I also think that run has given me a sense of redemption at the distance. For the time being I need to focus on weight loss and just getting some miles in on a consistent basis. I am going to start off with 4 days of running for about a month and will also throw in some gym time before increasing activity and distance. I'm also playing with the idea of running spring half, but want to get things going before I register for it.

Yesterday I ran 3 miles on the TM and today will be a rest day. Tomorrow I have 5 planned, hopefully outside because the TM is boring. Ill have to see how the weather is during the day tomorrow.

Checking in from last week. I ran 4 times last week which was the goal. 3 of those runs went well but the "long run" was strange. More on that later. Weight wise I saw improvement as I started the week above 240 and this morning made it down to 237.0. Saturday was my godchild's first birthday and turned out to be not a great diet day, but not to bad. Also Sunday morning I made FP+ for my daughter and I's weekend trip to WDW! She super excited and secretly I think I am more excited than she is lol. Back to running:
1/21 - 3 TM miles 28:23 - Easy miles nothing to note here
1/23 - 5 miles 46:49 - It was COLD and WINDY. Ran the first two easy and decided to pick it up for mile 3 and 5 with sub 9 min. Mile 4 was a recovery mile. Happy with effort.
1/24 - 3 miles 26:32 - Goal was to get a average pace below 9. Miles 1 and 3 were there while mile 2 was above. Success either way with a 8:49 pace
1/26 - 8 miles 1:28:32 - Goal was to simply just run the 8. Run went well for the first two miles and then I felt like I was drunk. I was a little disoriented and had to walk for a bit. After drinking some water I felt better but was never able to really get going again. I've had this feeling before in the past and have been able to simply just out run it, but I was in much better shape then and with others. I had to wake up extra early this morning to get my miles in due to the birthday party. Started the morning at 4:15 AM and started my run by 5:45 ish. It takes about 45 minutes to get to my weekend running spot. Felt fine the remainder of the day. I imagine perhaps a little dehydrated and out of my normal routine may be the cause for the dizziness.

This weeks goal is to add a little mileage overall and concentrate of my diet a little more. Also the early morning evade me, but I will get there! Long run of 10 miles as I inch closer to signing up for a half in early March. I want to do it, but I only want to do it, if I know I can run it under 2 hours. Looking for a little redemption from my last marathon here.

A little late on checking in. No good news on the running front. Full time job and my part time fun job are both unusually busy which has had me working till 9PM or later every night. Also had a little stomach bug earlier this week which put me even further behind. I guess that is just how it goes at time. The positive sign is a few months ago I would not have cared about missing the runs, but now I am missing running. Hope to get a few miles in Saturday morning and then start next week off strong. The diet has been going well and since returning from WDW I am down ~ 8 lbs. Thanks for coming by and reading! Hopefully next week I have some better news to share!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter