It is getting WHACKY around here!

tpseller

Mouseketeer
I have only been around for a few of months, and I admit, I am primarily a lurker. I tend to read the boards a couple of times a day, and get totally sucked in! :D Even though I have already cruised once and not going again till May, I still get some new useful information daily from this board.

Recently, things are getting a little whacky around here! In the last couple of days I have seen at least 4 threads closed by monitors, people are being personally attacked and others are leaving the board all together.

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?

I think it must be the full moon!

Everyone do some lamaze breathing and go to your happy place ;)

not only is it whacky but now it will be incredibily BORING around here....I know that I won't be coming around here as much as I did since we are not allowed to have personal conversations, just all business! I am sure they will close this thread too or move it like all the rest.....

this is a place to meet people with the same cruising interest. and if you want to meet these new friends how else to do it but on this board? we all have the same common questions .concerns, intrests.. and it seems we all enjoy learning about the new friends we may meet here and "live" on the ship so i hope that this board will not be closed to chatting.. after all how will all the new people know this a is a place to get info ..make friends? i know i feel wonderful and not afraid to meet the people who are cruising with me sept 14 2003 jmo

I think the mods are just trying to keep things in perspective and not let things get out of hand like it did last year. I know I left the DIS boards for awhile then, b/c it wasn't a pleasent place.

I must be missing something, I admit I don't read all the threads, only ones that seem like they would interest me but I don't have a clue what is going on? I have not seen any flames/arguments, I guess they were deleted before I checked in.. darn preschoolers.. keeping me away from a real life soap opera!

huckster - I don't think the moderators are trying to block conversations. The purpose of the cruise board is to discuss past, present and future cruises. As part of that many people set up meet threads for their particular cruise and get to know each other. It is a wonderful way to be able to cruise with friends (friends you didn't know you had until you started posting).

What they are trying to do is to have a steer clear of posts that are totally off topic. The unfortunate incidents of the past couple of days would only have made worse if the moderators didn't step in. Even though I had posted to one of the support threads I know and understand why it was closed.

When you have two people who disagree it should be taken to e-mail and handled privately. When it becomes public then you start getting supporters on both sides and that's where the problem starts.

A thread starts that says - "I love person A - they are the best" and all their friends pile on. Then another thread - "I adore person B - no one better" and their friends pile on. Soon we have (by human nature) person B's friends posting in the A thread saying no - person A's friends posting in the B thread. And so the war starts.

Meanwhile some new person has come to find out about cruising and feels totally lost and confused.

On this of all days - let's put aside all the angry feelings over the last couple of days and concentate on what is important. Our friends and family.

We are blessed to live in countries that promote freedom, we are blessed that we have the education and means to communicate electronically, and we are blessed that in the past, present or future we have a Disney Cruise.

God Bless Everyone - take a moment today to remember 9/11/01.

On this of all days - let's put aside all the angry feelings over the last couple of days and concentate on what is important. Our friends and family.

We are blessed to live in countries that promote freedom, we are blessed that we have the education and means to communicate electronically, and we are blessed that in the past, present or future we have a Disney Cruise.

God Bless Everyone - take a moment today to remember 9/11/01. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well said WDWLVR. God Bless!!!

Originally posted by dis4me

God Bless Everyone - take a moment today to remember 9/11/01.

Well said WDWLVR. God Bless!!!

911.gif

Rather than continue this line of posting, I think we all should remember what happened two years ago. Things happen, people disagree. Let drop this issue and go forward. There are more important things to dwell on.

Please join in with others and post to the the "Lest we forget..." thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter