It’s JUST a Marathon! WDW Marathon Weekend 2019 Trip Report

Congrats! Great recap sharing all your emotions that get so heightened in a marathon to me it seems. Love all your photos, you look great!

Congrats, marathoner/Dopey! You really did amazing. I love that you kept going and didn't give up despite hitting a wall. You really are incredible and I'm so inspired by you.

Love ya, girl!

Day Six - JAMbalaya

Sorry for the delay on this section… it’s all a little foggy to me. /shrug

After the Marathon and Parking Lot beers were done, me and @Keels hobbled to her truck (along the way she yelled “WHO DAT” at a guy wearing some Packers gear, he was not amused) and we made our way back to the Beach Club. I don’t remember the details of what we did. I know I showered. I ate some chips and cheese. I noticed my hand was dyed red from my Poms.

QOFBBi9Rrv-K2k89mGAyReetLqst4lg3vQwtwZazjBsh9tObcbO9anC0Thtgdd9Vf0q5FtZenNr7oykes0ImSwzMYVqoEsAIzfGMbU_5PgnBA_6HFDBsDLh4i_XfBxpum1IJO42hFA=w500

But from like 2:30 – 4:30 I have no idea what else happened. I guess we were just moving that slow.

We made our way to Mizner’s Lounge at the Grand Floridian so that Keels could watch the Saints play some sports. Cliff and @rteetz eventually joined us at the bar. I got in my Margarita for the day, then I switched to an Old Fashioned.

NczY8TPufMpsU9Hg99JreVROrmHBNsxf-ALqJn7K7M2AE4dUsQFa5aSSRQVCXcHvpEwubYbjza9-ZNY9udrH1SA0LfoBCeMYKe28ph7KYbw8HaK-t-tmYa9QjCUeb19eHP6sZ3lM1w=w500

MVwwVuyiPWUuxQf0XZbAcrzjjkMf9aOmXmVJ7OHyVZ4REwKJ7mLYfGX_qHW-DVmLMbdeJXWTUxD8fO2d_1TX7U7vGPfwKDcWnmtWBu6ePf9k3jQ-_7Lr_1Jb6lV2k-lzdD3qLuT4BA=w500

The game was pretty interesting and Keels was keeping her cool better than I expected. Even when this loud mouth Patriots fan showed up and wanted to talk to smack to her. It wasn’t until the end when the Saints won that she finally spoke up and said “HEY GLASSES! How did you like that?” (Ryan recalls he had sunglasses on his head, but I feel like he was wearing them while inside because he just seemed like that kind of person and I was too drunk to remember correctly…) What I do remember is him getting up with his girlfriend and leaving the bar. But not without getting the last word in. As he is walking out of the bar he looks Keels in the eye and says “Yeah, see you at the Super Bowl…” Then points at her and says “JAMbalaya!” We all just kind of sat there stunned for a moment, then we all laughed like W T F. Okay homie…

After all that happened, I got a phone call from the family so I left the bar to chat with Brad and Bay. I guess the rest of my group was ready to head to our Ohana reservation, so they came to find me. I don’t remember closing out my tab (so oops or thanks to whoever handled that, I owe you!) but Angela showed up with the rest of my drink in a to-go cup. YAY! We decided to walk from the Grand Floridian to Poly and got lost on the way. Eventually we made it! We headed out to catch the Happily Ever After fireworks before dinner.

FRGr8038IbctWwCaeoIZ0F-ElGor4WG7sdHP8tX2IjyAgRuchnVpBEtXWm8a01Ey1_IjDk-vPJL7jcssUJYYcg4yeZYBA08sGiBWoCRd-eUxNWn8l7Cbpp5Sy-YgcJuYIPi4ZoPnUA=w500

This was my first time at Ohana and I am just gonna be honest and say I don’t remember much except that I got lots of steak, Cliff and Ryan both got shrimp even though they both said no, and apparently we are all cousins. I probably got a drink. I probably didn’t need it. After dinner I have no recollection of what we did so let’s just say I went back to our room and passed out.

Up next: D A T W

along the way she yelled “WHO DAT” at a guy wearing some Packers gear, he was not amused

Rightly so...

Ryan recalls he had sunglasses on his head, but I feel like he was wearing them while inside because he just seemed like that kind of person and I was too drunk to remember correctly…

He was that kind of guy but I don't think he was wearing them. #JAMbalaya!

I probably got a drink

You got the backscratcher! Cousin didn't understand the word no to shrimp....

Love the fireworks shot! We kicked off a trip about five years ago with Ohana/Wishes and it was awesome.

Day Seven (Chipmunks) – Medals & Friends (Part One)
This might be a multi-part post because I took a ton of pictures during the day and DATW!

Glorious, glorious morning without a stupid alarm to wake me up at a god awful early hour to run a dumb race. I woke up feeling better than I should have TBH, but I was thankful because I had a big day ahead of me! It was Drinking Around The World Day!!!! It’s like basically what I had been training for my whole trip.

So I got ready and headed out to Magic Kingdom, which I was pretty sure was going to be my last time there, and I needed to get full medal castle pictures. (Because duh.) For some reason, I decided not to wash my hair and ended up regretting it. This is only important because I hate how it looks in these pictures but oh well. I grabbed my refillable cup, got some coffee and headed to the bus to go to MK. It took a while but eventually I made it to the park around 9:15am maybe? First things first, medal/castle pictures.

YDF4mVc65wZR_hBg3kt-9jqrzpmxrmaHRexkuiDKERXY5pMUZ4vhoARVPdwSdHJjUcAfg3f8DzZZkjGRBULWIdTizFxfCjSBnCORTnINy6zZIE4Q36WrSum_N6d9a2eRIQqua15bKw=w500

8AP8Pu1bmvV1l8k-62RmsV_n3eXG8RCIgodVmQ9n9M-a8a1SYECLLnO9rOXK7C2TFEYLh1bETtilm6i-JJ0tHmDA_8RZ1qYQ4pWv_vpmHh6L6vZvvfds1AEu1ATS4UbyWI7QRybpFQ=w500

GRL-WShq8zZz2eak4p_frd8uibRadK41qZNXvU5Z98HqRtKJV5T_80JHqNDdTlmGwOSZeMSO1V5DFE4QNS1TvvwvdMNcb2z-bGPA3TmS7KKzuoiLJZnkIi-ccPEjmKHI0ndluqVcOA=w750

I also took some individual medal pictures but I’ll just post one. They all look like this.

dPfzN87VFfDh9DB0iXGFslnbRZdRvD64CaNop_au68GCqWR8XMiPDXvhGorY6q6D5JEs70D_Cw3vfbJh7VqzE7qlqMzgmyyil7PAEycGtu5aGVGMuJgkpGuKqkrrtCCK9lI8Zx4qwg=w750

And here is my tired face.

o7SHnefMyWvq6e1hBMLsh1BpYVc1AjWcA_ZVFAtWylor-gtPvit8vSb3hSHVwnFEV7Z9k6a5wOZPfb1HAb6-6wdsiBBORyrhNZsuBulZJvjcHgkfjADDXipguwb7hq0ta00-rgXqlg=w500

I had about an hour until I needed to get to the start of DATW but I also had a FP+ to meet Mickey and Friends, so I said goodbye to my favorite park (cry) but on my way out I stopped and grabbed some “I’m Celebrating!” pins! I have never ever got any of these pins before so I was like really excited for them! I wrote my accomplishments on them while I was on the Monorail to Epcot.

qGhnLzOPNxsBsLaCwCb4W45y5DBV5pU6tT5aajdrFIYYdXgbeTwETn9FaaRKQ0_fpMNJhbi36UG0Wt4EZmW-8zX_P6BevM3b-mgGdTOUcOUnqDOkIDkD10ESpIuZTy904iSlJ_xxoA=w500

mCvJPDT-av2rDD7dagfLg62Of_1CUVwWgebI0CJAk6SLTo0Gr9uPW0qHnItjU6IIBaaKmuRADXtqAxCdijFe3xMLy6bvTaL90LV8T-l-4Mvi02tyd45fAqP01fwRp4hlOLjW8vTS_A=w500

I get to Epcot and let @Keels know I was there but gonna go get some pictures with my friends.
First I met Mickey. He asked me if the medals were heavy and then he signed my ears!

v3nMqZGdrpSnAHjzef3-fNycmX-L5FVZapiXFsbKcVLywT4R9roXnlsI3LkuHx0xon_4zif6I94MORG0Rdp2FM9aOyRnmgQvX4Jd4FS_-Q_wv2TQwVaBABQuyJR0_9ddwa8fx0weuQ=w750

HQq69jBhJ6verruGVy77vIBaraURqW3A-Ewe1WSBlBwwRKYxynfP3wjCXJPUMpakAx-KYU6JyBBRbwsVeV5eb1HGVZLf5VAbPO1eZOT8yluoqWYUsZ6vFUbRSdjGmqrQlAHSIMWsmA=w500

Up next was Goofy, my Disney boyfriend. He was so sweet and gave me a huge hug, then told me that he loved me. We eloped after that.

F_8jdE2XMjk44XCTNnKtTGvbDFlpHV_9TMd6elyHh8ND_atvEHHvK9GZqBJrTb0rIVlcwe63MoL5pSiWW5y45ztmLTUpqMHaua3Zk50adCpg-zIAb9EYhxEyHVHvHlBa242o2IJErQ=w500

vdIZGxTfeiXRqWD_Vg6sN627KEX8uQP-bW18lLRsQWx22IsRqdzKFy7slanAVPJiwFGFSfVNoT1BB_1J8accAStrK2qCnD08_cr-zce0GKHjz_94GQpyuRi65FpgGj2HDf-EUOZh1Q=w750

Finally I met my girl Minnie. And she was charming as ever and also my Maid of Honor.

kA-vDW39heIcRiBoZTddq2QcoeL-33VFxruXhKPBg4ZELXnbsfUXzGNjpIrJxyuoolhkhHNOZ_pIF78uWKsWaGe6Y65gFdcexWOZYvalbzJVEvV2XAOpIq9kLzRsj-Epyz3MSeet8Q=w750

With all the business taken care of I earned myself a Margarita (or two, definitely two) so I made my way to Mexico and met up with all the party people who I guess show up to things on time! I ordered a Marg and some nachos for me and @Princess KP to share because my trip would have been ruined if we didn’t eat nachos together. Then I sat down and didn’t introduce myself to anyone because again I am a weird introvert. Hi. Thanks for letting me hang out.

IXK6Q6BLhyWe6sV76q6CvJ14UM2wy9XkF_eUd--BXWmdGtMhWn_F92KwQjMlI2VCdzlYKIvwwQ5TBRsbDVGTQFuAXhiFNMX7Ozdz5u31R_qt-8mJ5sKQ3q8YkGppQ8cKmVmnYI4oYg=w500

UElKA2VHcmynOoTZf0It1AH0EEATZdpO9TIBKNt6gvaNIEc11kqyB46eIiZlbmjAu-ewIwh4kln77BLe1sLplCqnR9nVI9iq7kOtBQFB7KF0UauPHuDBVIJxlg714UAacu6Kz5FXjg=w750

Up next: We take this journey around the world with Part Two!

Last edited:
Just so you know the whole story: you set down your nachos and drinks to get your DATW lanyard and one of the birds (an ibis) jumped on the table and had a taste of your nachos. I scared it off, but it still had sour cream on its beak. I was trying to save your snack even though I didn’t really know you yet. I think @CDKG may have seen it, but I’m not sure. Anyhow - there are probably a lot of details from that day we need help remembering. This is just a small one.

Just so you know the whole story: you set down your nachos and drinks to get your DATW lanyard and one of the birds (an ibis) jumped on the table and had a taste of your nachos. I scared it off, but it still had sour cream on its beak. I was trying to save your snack even though I didn’t really know you yet. I think @CDKG may have seen it, but I’m not sure. Anyhow - there are probably a lot of details from that day we need help remembering. This is just a small one.
No, actually, I was completely oblivious to the ibis eating nachos fiasco! I was sitting next to @Mr. Drauer the entire time, but somehow missed it. Thank goodness he saved the nachos while we were all distracted by La Cantina Margaritas (apparently)!

Great medal pics in front of the castle! I am always impressed with what great photos the photopass people are able to get! Love your pics with Mickey, Minnie and Goofy too!

I love your backpack! Is that for Mickey's 90th? Would you mind sharing where you got it?

Margs and nachos!!
I could really got for one of each of those right now!

O M G. This is HILARIOUS!! You were sitting right by me and I asked you what kind of birds those were because they were weird looking. Then I cheers'ed you! I wasn't even drunk yet. Hahahaha. But man, stupid bird trying to steal my nachos. Thanks for looking at for me. :)

Great medal pics!
Thanks!

No, actually, I was completely oblivious to the ibis eating nachos fiasco! I was sitting next to @Mr. Drauer the entire time, but somehow missed it. Thank goodness he saved the nachos while we were all distracted by La Cantina Margaritas (apparently)!
Bahahaha. He definitely saved the day!

Love the medal photos! That’s awesome you got the Celebrate buttons too. And the Celebrate margarita!
Thank you!

I love the medal pictures! Even with the unwashed hair (which, btw, I think looks nice)
Thanks! You know how being a girl is.... We are our own worst enemies.

Great medal pics in front of the castle! I am always impressed with what great photos the photopass people are able to get! Love your pics with Mickey, Minnie and Goofy too!

I love your backpack! Is that for Mickey's 90th? Would you mind sharing where you got it?
Thank you! Yes! The backpack is from Vans. My husband got it for me for Christmas. I love it.

Day Seven (Chipmunks - Part Two) – DATW with my Emotional Support Panda

Now the fun begins. We started in Mexico (AS YOU SHOULD) and had many a Margarita (two, and I didn’t share). I don’t know how accurate any of the rest of this is, so take it with a grain of salt…

Mexico – Margarita

UR_YPot18LN27cbHj2PK0r48sszz6lj3YRQILT3-6BZuFPBcNn1ZDVrfZnKvpFbuK74MF0-2KIQWCRup3dn9V9DCx-UiKCZHfHCiqp_GktbE8zKwAiiDSu4YqfqZJAn8zplTFyu3UA=w500

Norway – Beer?
I didn’t write down WHAT beer it was and when I google what beer Norway has at Epcot I get two different ones: Carlsberg and Einstök Ölgerð Icelandic White Ale. Well first off, Epcot, Carlsberg is made in Denmark and it’s “Probably the best beer in the World” (their slogan, not mine). And I would know if it was Carlsberg, so I am guessing it was the White Ale. I don’t know, I didn’t even take a picture of it. Thank u, next.

China – Kung Fu Punch!
So China was adorably decorated with all kinds of PANDA stuff and a few of us almost bought @rteetz one of everything. However, @Keels came to his rescue and made him put on the face painting compromise – his Panda face!

xndAKX0hc5jNQ5PCX_jLU0b68MkSRPE1ZIqhKpvpc0QHa8oqvIcLC2lD8oj-hQa690r6ez1rbTuqqv4TYrOGlq8uORYWkJrLPVrKGpbjmPggq0i4Le44-g8q3WnM5OZYYh3U6PcDrg=w500

That Kung Fu Punch was really good. I don’t know if a lot of sharing even happened. I think I went and bought my own after tasting one. And at this point I was clearly feeling pretty good because I put my Marathon Medal on my “You Did It” Mickey and carried him around the rest of the worlds.

-ukzH4g9uby8DlDplNBgSjy93DMNXWuOdCLgtnIMpyI5y4txY-biM8TYd86-BA5HEcSwFyX6buXKon58gAbkkKvGS2il-z1H4tS-_mRmLVT8NVF7cjU21fdYY_NWJwsRcW2xC9FugQ=w500

Africa – Outpost Lemonade
I want to pretend like we belted out from Africa by Toto when we got here. I don’t know if it’s true but it sounds like fun, let’s go with it. This lemonade was delicious. Also, someone joked about having a different person wear the Panda mask in each country but I think only me and Teetz ever put it on.

vSlx_jX6CUIZRrTvPBGf1dNWBVt469Yl4RtA4mXpax5Dvm3iyZUuYX2QOC9EiK72xx1xC0uSGNSWUEIaoGOXbyDHC4YXdLBJ1pCL3hIye4vdztOFh2N9z_aoB-TApIscG9p3NINq0A=w500

And this was the closest anyone got to getting their face painted.

_E-uyOkvYw9v8jM9ynvUD6zdzmyZhUcbQFwsP1OCIVEgDIfRFRkz-nayruMddB7ddcBk6Q07JqRly4vok8ItsxaWSXaHi1bwJ3D-nUpLTgIVVhpOaJl6mz59Cz-2VtFa04d70huyvg=w750

Germany – Schofferhoffer
I decided to get the pint glass beer so I could take it home with me and give it to my husband who didn’t care because we have too much glassware as it is. Oh well.

KowUBFpNLQpffXcpYMxXaA2KbIIYRc2M93-H7kU9GPHc6U5CdXjJnLcN4oEwLJQ5jmre_LWz_CW7e8GN8I9Z97BnEwkwsvDvpz_pBjKHjAXjtNa1nCW71tIpAUrm9uJQ1lYQX9Gj-w=w500

And before we got too hammered, I saw a photopass CM hanging out so I rallied the troops (or herded the cats, rather) and we got the ultimate DisGroup photo ever!

KZCExHjqQcaQUINydgtOwJxun9QxVCUJGZrj2U0Oe37ewmlVnDEZB5KVLLurCFuErtYrGmLUoULN7LiJRBbmLrUX44I3BSSOiVa21zm66Gmi0YacyNuZSQCUx4MxpHJuOum1xjbFYw=w750

Italy – White Sangria and Lemoncello
We had reservations at Via Napoli, like a lot of reservations, and somehow they gave us this huge table in the middle of the room like it was the freaking Last Supper. I shared a pizza with Karen, Monica, Bree, and Scotty. Honestly could have cashed that whole thing by myself, but I didn’t know they would be so approachable.

UtD7Nd2x5rtqjr7_2mkfzr5VdG8rFCLR4o19ee-Lynlruq_F5x6DPDG7JvOIeR6bH8uyqszVTRvU19zRasDN8bYMVV7ZBuroJFyUsW2qcOgzCyeIcS4qqa2VT1c2g3PT32PEiDd1qg=w750

fbTA7XuYQM0DroTHPlS59tMgwtZwZYEkAJsO1BRPG0DxamLhWsL0v_sqlI4E2o7PVh60Z9EgfylGOA9rkeB1lrqCqS8JILQtSWdagWe1ktEgJA53EE49zPqoY-NcUS3OE2eaDxmA4g=w500

Then someone mentioned that the worst Lemoncello they ever had was here in Italy, so I said challenge accepted and they were right. Womp, womp.

US – Beer
Didn’t write down which ones, didn’t take a picture. Just trust me that it happened.

Japan – Sake
I did everyone a favor and grabbed a sake flight and forced everyone to taste them all. YOU’RE WELCOME.

HOM3jCM2mTmFAfkbzyVt7YBVb9XqcKHJJYAdna3jsmfYwqaI5HANuvO3W56Iy2y9MnKnahlscjsXI0BVKWxscTcJa1yiuzCsucLPeJU4Uv-3j_Q1Ai-ikEofakb5q91zf8l5-BY96A=w750

Morocco – Beer
We analyzed the beer list for far too long but picked the beer that was FROM Morocco. I don’t remember how it tasted, probably bad.

iCeVv_8oPOpBXky1hgzYw_45_nwMKERTCYsik7ymLoehbF3OYE7aWg6yE3tGKVtqxvGoNfkKAmY04RCsMU2q6ALGzyM3DYkd5kWbdN3hm623NXeU3Z3rZaNSctjzca9EhhxzWjInYA=w500

France – Wine
When in France, drink wine and make the whole group wait for you while you meet Belle and discuss Harry Potter.

wJ-eRqu2KY5eUHhKwkBRUi6QSOJdFnAKJdo6gK2QiGobsZRUPQ501-KJwT9cOI1to89XyvvnucWqGqKhzdiHK1NUrLjgiWYHJlJzuZ4297CGQcDxhAur3WMdAf8PiONnzjWx3RacHQ=w750

UK – Not one BUT TWO Irish Car Bombs
Yeah, who thought that was a good idea? Luckily no photo evidence…

Canada – Ottawa Apple
WE DID IT!

4EBuUSCr21iVQnGknl4jLei9QAaSK-NKnPTM-9UxrwWEu9SPHC8WPpyrTAPM8Gq4Bl0UnSg2xZxBF6qLfDvqQbkKRrvK1mz6_DUGqYAnh9LcUoUNgWha7GRTKKQqldvkWuVvtk9srA=w750

Up next: the DATW medal ceremony!

What a day that was...

We should’ve had others put the panda mask on.

You didn't post Cliffs Japan photo. You for sure forced everyone to have the sake.

You should’ve posted the Belle video. Cliff was extremely jealous of your interaction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter