It’s almost time to buy tickets

kymom99

DIS Veteran
I have posted about this a while back. Now I am down to the wire and need to decide.
Next month we are going to Madeira Beach for a week. We are going to MK for a day. We have 2 choices, Sunday the 13th which is a regular day, or Monday the 14th which is a Halloween party day. One crowd calendar tells me Monday crowds will be a 5. I can’t decide whether to go Sunday or Monday. I know we will have to leave at 6 Monday but honestly probably wouldn’t stay till closing anyway with having to drive back to our condo afterwards.
On one hand going on Monday allows us to stay till closing if we want to. On the other hand, going on Sunday could mean lighter crowds and then we can go to DS or one of the resorts to visit after 6:00. I just can’t decide.
Can anyone help me think this through? Anyone who has been there under these circumstances? TIA!

I have posted about this a while back. Now I am down to the wire and need to decide.
Next month we are going to Madeira Beach for a week. We are going to MK for a day. We have 2 choices, Sunday the 13th which is a regular day, or Monday the 14th which is a Halloween party day. One crowd calendar tells me Monday crowds will be a 5. I can’t decide whether to go Sunday or Monday. I know we will have to leave at 6 Monday but honestly probably wouldn’t stay till closing anyway with having to drive back to our condo afterwards.
On one hand going on Monday allows us to stay till closing if we want to. On the other hand, going on Sunday could mean lighter crowds and then we can go to DS or one of the resorts to visit after 6:00. I just can’t decide.
Can anyone help me think this through? Anyone who has been there under these circumstances? TIA!

It's Columbus Day weekend, a federal holiday, so it's gonna be packed both days...so I'd go for Sunday, the longer day, and accept that crowds will be a thing:)...

It's Columbus Day weekend, a federal holiday, so it's gonna be packed both days...so I'd go for Sunday, the longer day, and accept that crowds will be a thing:)...
That’s what I’m leaning towards. Except touring plans says Monday will be a level 5. That’s what made me rethink things. We are leaving the hubby at the condo which will greatly reduce our stress over crowds, lol!

Another thing to consider is I-4 and 275 traffic on Monday. It might be lighter due to the holiday (though only half the local kids in Orlando and the Tampa Bay areas have it off), but rush hour traffic is still no joke. Unless you want to sit for 45 minutes just trying to get through Champions Gate you're going to have to leave the MK no later than 3pm or no earlier than 7-8ish.

Another thing to consider is I-4 and 275 traffic on Monday. It might be lighter due to the holiday (though only half the local kids in Orlando and the Tampa Bay areas have it off), but rush hour traffic is still no joke. Unless you want to sit for 45 minutes just trying to get through Champions Gate you're going to have to leave the MK no later than 3pm or no earlier than 7-8ish.
Well that’s a good point plus in the morning we will be in traffic on our way there more so than in a Sunday I would think.

Well that’s a good point plus in the morning we will be in traffic on our way there more so than in a Sunday I would think.
Exactly. Unless there's an accident or something, Sunday traffic should be smooth sailing both ways. Monday...not so much!

Exactly. Unless there's an accident or something, Sunday traffic should be smooth sailing both ways. Monday...not so much!
See, I knew you all would help me see what I wasn’t seeing! I’m going to buy my tickets today and anxiously await my day to try out the MDE program for the first time! I can’t wait!

Thought I would update. I bought the tickets for Sunday, October 13. Yesterday I was able to pick my fast passes. SDMT were all gone but I got space mountain, BTMRR, and pirates. About 30 minutes later all the SM and BTM were gone so I guess I did good.

There are almost no rooms available on the website. I imagine it’s going to be crowded but I expected that to be the case. We will be there in about 4 weeks! I can’t wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter