It’s Always Sunny in California!..Eh?...L’il Bit!

From palm trees to snow...ugh!

It was a great trip report, Jen. Really has gotten me thinking about a Disneyland trip for us soon.

Headed over to your new report. We leave for our WDW/DCL vacation on August 15th and it just cannot get here fast enough for me!

From palm trees to snow...ugh!

It was a great trip report, Jen. Really has gotten me thinking about a Disneyland trip for us soon.

Headed over to your new report. We leave for our WDW/DCL vacation on August 15th and it just cannot get here fast enough for me!

Thanks!
Are you going to the Villains party? If so, look for me!

Thanks! Are you going to the Villains party? If so, look for me!

No, I wish!

I determined I couldn't justify spending more money after we just gotten off the Fantasy cruise. Plus, it starts kind of late for my kids and, really, going to that party would be all about me.

I'm tempted to abandon the family and go alone, but it's our first night in WDW after leaving the cruise. I think they would object. They probably would object.

How long are you going to be in WDW in August?

No, I wish!

I determined I couldn't justify spending more money after we just gotten off the Fantasy cruise. Plus, it starts kind of late for my kids and, really, going to that party would be all about me.

I'm tempted to abandon the family and go alone, but it's our first night in WDW after leaving the cruise. I think they would object. They probably would object.

How long are you going to be in WDW in August?

I was just going to suggest that you should abandon the family! :rotfl2:

I arrive the 22 and fly home the 25, but I will be at Universal on te 24th. VERY short trip...it is just for business after all...and I just tried to fit in as much as I could without breaking the bank. :rotfl:

We were taken up to a suite. No need to check out the regular rooms since we were all staying in one already.

A look at the bedroom through the window of the verandah.

Nice view from the balcony!!!!

As nice as it was touring all these places, we were all getting tired and ready to be done for the day. We headed back down and were supposed to end the tour now, but someone asked if we could look in the kids club. Craig said if someone was in there to let us in, we could, otherwise we wouldn’t be able to get in. I have to admit, I was hoping we couldn’t get in. I just wanted to change into comfy clothes and head to the parks at this point.

I am really enjoying your report! Fabulous pics and you really make me laugh!

Ack, I was so far behind! I am all caught up now though :goodvibes

Jen, you are an updating fool :worship: ::yes:: :lmao:

Be lucky you got the good CM doing your WIWFT! Ours SUCKED :eek:

I was so sure he was brand new but then he said he had been there for so many years doing this and I kept thinking "Dude, you really should go do something else!" :rolleyes2 He didn't tell us about a single Main Street window until we had paused for the flag retreat ceremony and right in front of us, this mother with a son (about 5 years old) stopped and pointed up to a window and said "That is Walt's daddy's window! I'm sure he is very proud of his boy!"

Then he said "oh yeah...this is Walt's father's window" and then we carried on.

I was like...Hmmm maybe that mother should be our guide!!! :smokin:

I enjoyed my dinner at Flo's Cafe but it wasn't as good as I had hoped. I had the beef...

1979522_516652031784961_41465050_n.jpg

Beef was good but a little too fatty, gravy was delish (I asked for extra), corn was kinda gross and the tatoes were delish!!! The only thing missing was butter for that yummy bun! :(

And MY lunch during our resort tours was actually super yummy! :love:

I had the sweet potato fries you apparently don't like BAHAHAHA :lmao: and my burger was very good!

1898049_517336295049868_720582882_n.jpg

Seems like foodwise I had better luck this trip than you! Normally I am the one that has the bad food karma going but the only dish that I didn't enjoy this entire trip was my horrible EoS sammich

I love me some Earl's so I was soooo disappointed when I got this tiny hard bun, filled with the most disgusting chunks of roast beef bits! :eek:

I definitely didn't care for the Monte Cristo but I don't think it was because it was horrible, just not my cup of tea ;)

Oh and since I seem to be all about food this post...here was possibly the best thing I ate the whole trip...our first breakfast during the AEP. It didn't look like much but it was soooo delicious...erhmagerd!!!!! :love:

1925116_517256121724552_1833899748_n.jpg

I almost licked the plate!!! I even went up and got seconds :thumbsup2 AND I am pretty sure that if I didn't already look like a total piggie, I would have gotten thirdsies :rotfl:

Such great photos, Jen! I am now totally impressed with your photography skills because I swear...half those photos you took were while still walking!!!! You rarely even stopped and they all came our GREAT!!! :goodvibes :worship:

It was kind of weird watching take all your photos because that's usually me! But this trip was 25% education and 75% a desperate break from all the crap in my life, so I STRUGGLED with my decision of leaving my brand new Rebel T4i at home but I am glad I did! I think I took a whole 5 photos on our resort tour day :p

So much fun reliving that trip, it was so very awesome :goodvibes

Cass,

Where did you get the burger? I had a hard time finding a good burger on our trip. :scratchin

Yay! I've been waiting for this TR and it's finally here! :cool1:

My blood pressure is so low that I've been asked several times how I'm alive too!

Do I spy ketchup and mayo mixed? My husband does that for fries.

I've never seen the check-in at POFQ. We've stayed at Riverside like a dozen times, but hardly ever walked over to FQ! I'm from New Orleans, so I guess there's nothing new for me to see there lol.

Can't wait for more TR!

Yay! I've been waiting for this TR and it's finally here! :cool1:

My blood pressure is so low that I've been asked several times how I'm alive too!

Do I spy ketchup and mayo mixed? My husband does that for fries.

I've never seen the check-in at POFQ. We've stayed at Riverside like a dozen times, but hardly ever walked over to FQ! I'm from New Orleans, so I guess there's nothing new for me to see there lol.

Can't wait for more TR!

Yay! But wrong TR! This is the end of my DL one. You probably had both open and responded in the wrong one.
:thumbsup2
Riverside is on my bucket list! It's one of the only resorts I have not even been to to visit yet. I think Sports and SSR are the only other ones I have not at least seen. (Though I drove through Sports on ME one time)

Cass,

Where did you get the burger? I had a hard time finding a good burger on our trip. :scratchin

I am pretty sure she got it at Tangorora Terrace.

I'm getting there! LOL I have a few more posts to read and I'll be done your first day! :lmao:

Hollywood

Your personal tour looked like so much fun! Great to have a real personal tour guide. I only did a bus tour, so we saw different things and some the same obviously! I didn't know that there was a real Hollywood Tower!

I ate really yummy ice cream at the Disney Soda Fountain. It was so cold and windy outside that we opted to just do that instead of wandering around the walk of fame too much. I really didn't like the people in terrible costumes outside. Even the Gladiators in Rome looked better than that. LOL

You looked around the Chinese Theatre some! It was closed the day we were there. I think they were doing an American Pie (reunion?) opening that day. I'm not a big fan of American Pie so I didn't pay much attention. I did see Allyson Hannigan a few days later though at DL!

Universal
2 pictures after the creepy mullet is Merv Griffin's house! (I think...) Too fun that you got to the actual Universal Studios. So the park is actually next to the Studio? And then the tour from the park takes you into the real studio? I feel the need to schedule another trip west. But maybe I'll wait until they finish all their Harry Potter stuff first. Maybe. I want to go back to DL again too, so who knows!

DL hotel
Poor Cass! It's no fun waiting so long. I didn't have that much issue when I took the DL Express. Where in Canada is Cass from? I don't say eh all that often but some people in certain areas do moreso than I do! LOL Actually, in DL the first time, when we did the tour, the guide said that she couldn't guess where I was from because I could be from there, I don't have an accent. I've been told that before. I think it's the teacher thing. (But there are definitely teachers around here with accents, so maybe it's the language thing because I teach second language). Now my friend is usually told she sounds like she's from Ireland or something!

I LOVE your DL room! It is beautiful! I would love to stay at the DL hotel! Or the GC with it's entrance to CA.

I love how you can walk so much at DL. It's one of my favorite things. Even staying offsite, you can be so close that you can walk! I found it funny though that I had to go through bag check when leaving DL to get to my hotel.

I'm getting there! LOL I have a few more posts to read and I'll be done your first day! :lmao:

Hollywood

Your personal tour looked like so much fun! Great to have a real personal tour guide. I only did a bus tour, so we saw different things and some the same obviously! I didn't know that there was a real Hollywood Tower!

Yep...I had forgotten too. It was neat to see.

I ate really yummy ice cream at the Disney Soda Fountain. It was so cold and windy outside that we opted to just do that instead of wandering around the walk of fame too much. I really didn't like the people in terrible costumes outside. Even the Gladiators in Rome looked better than that. LOL

I have heard they have good icecream there! The costumes were such a joke. I mean some were really good, but most were really bad knockoffs at best.

You looked around the Chinese Theatre some! It was closed the day we were there. I think they were doing an American Pie (reunion?) opening that day. I'm not a big fan of American Pie so I didn't pay much attention. I did see Allyson Hannigan a few days later though at DL!

LOL....I have no clue who she is. And I have never seen American Pie either. I am pretty boring.

Universal
2 pictures after the creepy mullet is Merv Griffin's house! (I think...) Too fun that you got to the actual Universal Studios. So the park is actually next to the Studio? And then the tour from the park takes you into the real studio? I feel the need to schedule another trip west. But maybe I'll wait until they finish all their Harry Potter stuff first. Maybe. I want to go back to DL again too, so who knows!

Yes the Studio was there first and I think it started as tours of the studio then they expanded to make the park. They have reall working sets there, which is really neat.

DL hotel
Poor Cass! It's no fun waiting so long. I didn't have that much issue when I took the DL Express. Where in Canada is Cass from? I don't say eh all that often but some people in certain areas do moreso than I do! LOL Actually, in DL the first time, when we did the tour, the guide said that she couldn't guess where I was from because I could be from there, I don't have an accent. I've been told that before. I think it's the teacher thing. (But there are definitely teachers around here with accents, so maybe it's the language thing because I teach second language). Now my friend is usually told she sounds like she's from Ireland or something!

I might get this wrong, but I think near Calgary. I am not good with my Canadain Geography.
I am told I have an accent all the time...and I think I sound boring.

I LOVE your DL room! It is beautiful! I would love to stay at the DL hotel! Or the GC with it's entrance to CA.

It was so nice....and I really loved both hotels and how close everything is.

I love how you can walk so much at DL. It's one of my favorite things. Even staying offsite, you can be so close that you can walk! I found it funny though that I had to go through bag check when leaving DL to get to my hotel.

You had to go through bag check leaving too? That is weird. I never went to the offsite exit, so I never knew that.

You had to go through bag check leaving too? That is weird. I never went to the offsite exit, so I never knew that.

Allyson Hanningan is also on How I met your mother (I think I saw 1/2 an episode of that, but Doogie Howser is on it, and a lot of people like it) and she was on Buffy the vampire slayer. That's really why I recognized her!

I had to go through bag check because I was leaving DTD and heading into the esplanade to get to the other side of DL. It was just weird. LOL

So I've finished the first day! :rotfl:

Cass! Crazy Canucks in the pool/hot tub? I was wearing mitts when I went in March!

Jen, I can only imagine how disoriented you were trying to find things in DCA. It's no fun without a park map on your first trip, but I love when you feel like you don't need one anymore!

I am sad you didn't get the right "feeling" from DL. I love DL. Yes, WDW is extra special too, but DL is great. I get that it's a different feeling. Now looking at all your pictures is making me want to go back!

Allyson Hanningan is also on How I met your mother (I think I saw 1/2 an episode of that, but Doogie Howser is on it, and a lot of people like it) and she was on Buffy the vampire slayer. That's really why I recognized her!

I had to go through bag check because I was leaving DTD and heading into the esplanade to get to the other side of DL. It was just weird. LOL

Ok...now I know who she is. I did watch that show off and on and liked it, but it wasn't one of the must watch for me shows. I don't have many of those actually.

So I've finished the first day! :rotfl:

Cass! Crazy Canucks in the pool/hot tub? I was wearing mitts when I went in March!

Jen, I can only imagine how disoriented you were trying to find things in DCA. It's no fun without a park map on your first trip, but I love when you feel like you don't need one anymore!

I am sad you didn't get the right "feeling" from DL. I love DL. Yes, WDW is extra special too, but DL is great. I get that it's a different feeling. Now looking at all your pictures is making me want to go back!

LOL. It was really nice most of our time there and the hot tub is warm! Actually it was scalding hot at times.
I did love DL by the time I left, but definitely a different feel to it for me.

Loving the pics. I think we are going next year to DLR and WDW in one trip and I am so excited to see Carsland.
OMG! The size of that bowl for soup. ROTF.
Nice grad pic with Mickey.
Looks like a good time despite the rain.
Sad it is the last night but it sounds like a good trip was had.
Delays are the worst.
Yeah you made it home.
Oh I would have told Paige to do the laundry. LOl.
Great report and thanks for sharing.
Bookmarked the next report and will start it this week.

Loving the pics. I think we are going next year to DLR and WDW in one trip and I am so excited to see Carsland.
OMG! The size of that bowl for soup. ROTF.
Nice grad pic with Mickey.
Looks like a good time despite the rain.
Sad it is the last night but it sounds like a good trip was had.
Delays are the worst.
Yeah you made it home.
Oh I would have told Paige to do the laundry. LOl.
Great report and thanks for sharing.
Bookmarked the next report and will start it this week.

That would be a fabulous trip....I hope you can do it!
That bowl was so funny.
We did have a good time despite the rain....actually Cass loves rain, so it made her happy. I talked to Stacy the other day...as she was home visiting from CA and she said basically it hasn't rain since I was there. ....of course.
Yes, I don't know what Paige was thinking...she's a big girl and when she lived with her dad a few years she always had to do her own laundry. I think she was a bit spoiled by me as I often would just throw hers in with ours. She is out on her own again though, so now she is doing all her own. :thumbsup2
I am pretty slow on the new one so far. I have been trying to keep up with work and enjoy some time outside as well this summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter