Issues with MDE app on iphone

jthornton94

Mouseketeer
Not sure where to post this. Anyone else having app issues? I can’t get the app to launch on my iPhone, but it does just fine on my husband’s. Not sure who to call, it opens the app, but freezes on the log in screen. I have deleted and reinstalled to no avail.

Have you been able to get it working? I had deleted MDE for a while because we didn’t have any trips planned. Then I started planning a trip in October and tried to reinstall on my iPhone 7 and had the issues you’re describing. Frozen screen, couldn’t log in. I contacted Disney support and they gave me the runaround. I gave up.
I just got a new iPhone 11, installed MDE and same exact issues. I was really hoping the issues were because my phone was old...

My android did the same thing for almost a year. I tried everything and then one day during my last trip, it started working again. So frustrating! I went through the website to get to MDE instead of using the app. Also, if you haven't uninstalled, logged out of the website and shut everything down, I believe that it will still cycle through the old pathway that it is getting stuck on. Something worth trying??

I had all sort of problems with it recently to the point of not being to log in anymore and the password rest didn't work either. So I spent an hour on hold today waiting to get it fixed and now I need to call back and have more stuff addressed. They changed me to the manager, but now I can't manage the ADRs that I set up under my husband's name. They're clearly having a lot of issues with even having a prompt message as you are on old about it.

I had a similar issue. It worked on every other phone in my family, but not mine. I had to wipe my phone and set it up as a new phone. I couldn’t even use restore from back up!

How do I get the app to work?!?! It stays frozen on log in screen. I need this stupid thing working by April so I can get a RoTR boarding group!

I have MDE 5.7 and OS13.3.

Not only is the app shutting down constantly, but I see none of my plans today. Restarted iPhone and reinstalled app with no help. Called Disney IT and they are escalating the issue.

No problems on my old iPhone 6 running iOS 10

There was an update released last week. Have you updated the app recently?

I was having issues too from my iOS device. The MDE app was basically frozen, sometimes it would show the login, other times I couldn't get past the "This is your new dynamic home screen" tour pages.

Similarly, I had the app before, then offloaded it, then was trying to reinstall it recently for an upcoming trip. We also had visited Disney Land in the mean time and used their app if that follows suit for anybody else. What finally worked for me was the following:

1) I deleted both the DisneyLand app and the Disney World (MDE) app.
2) I re-installed the DisneyLand app and logged in from there first (answering yes to the location/bluetooth stuff)
3) I re-installed the MDE DisneyWorld app and was (ahem) magically able to use the app

My only guess is that the apps must share some data on the phone. Hopefully this will help you or somebody else. This worked for two devices in my family that were having the issue. We had a new iOS device that didn't have any problems. I'm not sure if the uninstalls/reinstalls are needed, or just logging into the disneyland app flavor first.

At any rate, good luck!

I was having issues too from my iOS device. The MDE app was basically frozen, sometimes it would show the login, other times I couldn't get past the "This is your new dynamic home screen" tour pages.

Similarly, I had the app before, then offloaded it, then was trying to reinstall it recently for an upcoming trip. We also had visited Disney Land in the mean time and used their app if that follows suit for anybody else. What finally worked for me was the following:

1) I deleted both the DisneyLand app and the Disney World (MDE) app.
2) I re-installed the DisneyLand app and logged in from there first (answering yes to the location/bluetooth stuff)
3) I re-installed the MDE DisneyWorld app and was (ahem) magically able to use the app

My only guess is that the apps must share some data on the phone. Hopefully this will help you or somebody else. This worked for two devices in my family that were having the issue. We had a new iOS device that didn't have any problems. I'm not sure if the uninstalls/reinstalls are needed, or just logging into the disneyland app flavor first.

At any rate, good luck!

holy crap this worked! THANK YOU!

I’m also noticing some issues with MDE this morning with respect to the room information for my upcoming reservation. I completed online checkin and ordered my magic bands. Received notice they were shipped and now what I can see in in MDE for the reservation is different. No longer see options to unlock door, check dining plan, etc. Very weird. I just updated the app, maybe late last week. Anyone else seeing issues?

Luckily I only had a minor issue with the MDE app on my Iphone (7). Yesterday was our first chance to book FP's. I made my selections and was done by 7:30. Throughout the day, though, I was tweaking days as well as tweaking time slots. While the web site continued to be just fine, when I looked at the app once I was done there were a few days where it showed me having more than 3 FP's, since it was displaying both the original and new times of attractions I had tweaked. I removed the app and then reloaded it, and once I signed in the old times were gone and everything now looks fine. So for me it was simply refreshing the app. ADR's and our lodging all look fine as well.

Luckily I only had a minor issue with the MDE app on my Iphone (7). Yesterday was our first chance to book FP's. I made my selections and was done by 7:30. Throughout the day, though, I was tweaking days as well as tweaking time slots. While the web site continued to be just fine, when I looked at the app once I was done there were a few days where it showed me having more than 3 FP's, since it was displaying both the original and new times of attractions I had tweaked. I removed the app and then reloaded it, and once I signed in the old times were gone and everything now looks fine. So for me it was simply refreshing the app. ADR's and our lodging all look fine as well.
I signed out, closed the app, relaunched and then logged in again and it seems to be cooperating now. Guess it just needed a "reboot".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter