Issue with used ECV

cmwade77

DIS Veteran
My mom bought a used ECV for herself, she didn't really know what she was doing, but that is another story. She is low income and has some issues where she really needs it, so she was a bit desperate.

We believe it works, but it was missing batteries, which she managed to get, the issue is it is a Price Sonic SC50 or SC52 and is missing the cables to connect the batteries to the scooter.

I have found the cables are called "Quick Disconnect Battery Harness for Pride Sonic (SC50)" but everywhere I look they say the cable is discontinued, does anyone know where we might be able to find them or have instructions on how to make them?

It also looks like there would normally be a plastic cover over the batteries that is missing, which I would love to get, but that we can figure out other options around, the cables are obviously more important.

Try an online company called Monsterscooterparts. They frequently have discontinued items. I have gotten a battery charger from them inexpensively when my insurance refused to pay for a new one.

Unfortunately, that is the site I was able to use to figure out what part is needed, but they don't have the part and it is discontinued.

Yeah, if RadioShack existed it would be a lot easier.

I just need to know what connectors to use on each end.

On the battery side, it’s a f2 connector (.25 inches). You should be able to look in the body to see the other end of the connection.

My mom bought a used ECV for herself, she didn't really know what she was doing, but that is another story. She is low income and has some issues where she really needs it, so she was a bit desperate.

We believe it works, but it was missing batteries, which she managed to get, the issue is it is a Price Sonic SC50 or SC52 and is missing the cables to connect the batteries to the scooter.

I have found the cables are called "Quick Disconnect Battery Harness for Pride Sonic (SC50)" but everywhere I look they say the cable is discontinued, does anyone know where we might be able to find them or have instructions on how to make them?

It also looks like there would normally be a plastic cover over the batteries that is missing, which I would love to get, but that we can figure out other options around, the cables are obviously more important.
EBay?

It’s a 2pin plug. Could be molex. I’d call or write Pride- they can certainly tell you.

@cmwade, I called Pride, I called Monster. I called Southwest Mobility

I had my entire family searching the internet - my own lil' search engine sweatshop, as it were - and none of us could find it.

Keep an eye on eBay and Craigslist - and if you can, reach out to the person who sold her the scooter, and see if they have found any parts for it lying around. (Did she get the battery charger?) You may have to buy an entire "as is" "parts only" scooter to get what you need...

If you (or someone you know) has the ability, you can probably craft your own; just be aware that some of the websites mention that there is an inline fuse for each of those harnesses, and others show it without the fuse. Monster Scooter Parts sells a "generic" replacement harness that they thought could work with some modification.

Radioshack.com is still live and has parts - don't know if they will have what you need.

I'm so sorry. I hope that Karma sits *hard* on whoever sold your mama that scooter. I really wanted to be able to help her. :worried:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!