ISO feedback on our HS touring plan

jldeahl

Mouseketeer
Hey all - My family is heading to WDW for our first-ever trip in February. We only have one HS day planned and I'd love some input on our touring plan to know if it looks good. According to Touring Plans, the day is projected to be a level 4.

We'll have a 3 and 5 year old with us. Our priorities are 1) Toy Story Land, 2) Jedi Training, 3) Fantasmic. The rest is gravy. (This plan assumes we'll get a SDD FP, we'll skip it if we don't get the FP.)

Given all that, is this plan realistic or are we packing too much stuff in? Is there a way you'd configure the day differently (with the same priorities and the midday break)?

7:45
Hollywood & Vine - Fantasmic Breakfast Package Reservation (8:05am)
8:55
Toy Story Mania
Alien Swirling Saucers
9:55
Meet Woody & Jesse
Slinky Dog Dash (FP) (10-11)
10:55
Disney Junior Dance Party (11:20)
11:55
Frozen Sing Along (FP) (12:30)

1-4
Midday Break

3:55
Jedi Training (5PM)
Star Tours: The Adventure Continues (2FP) (5-6) / Muppet 3D (2FP) (5-6)
5:55
Sci Fi Dine In Dinner Reservation (5:55PM)
6:55
Fantasmic (8PM Show)

The overall plan looks OK to me, but I think you'll be lucky to fit it all in.

Potential issues:
1 - May not be through with breakfast until well after 9:00. Probably enough time to do 2 out of next 3 (TSM, AS2, Meet Woody & Jessie)
2 - Not enough time between Jedi and Sci Fi to squeeze in an attaction
3 - For us, 3 hours (1:00-4:00) would not be enough to take a midday break. We stay onsite and use the Disney buses, and exiting our last attraction until we get back to the resort room usually eats up about an hour. Figure also an hour from leaving resort room until getting to first evening attraction, and that would only leave about one hour for "rest."
4 - I'm basing these estimates on my experience with older grandkids. With young kids, your pace will be slowed down even more.

Do they open Jedi sign up that early?

I agree I’ve heard to plan 60-90 minutes for dining. That puts you back in Toy Story around 9-9:30.

I don’t think an hour is enough time to do ALiens and Toy Sotry Mania. Character lines will also be at a minimum 20 minutes.

Are you going off site for a break or just some down time? There are great HS shows that offer good breaks.

We're staying at Swan, so we're a short walk back to the hotel, but it's a good point that 3 hours is tight for a break.

We're doing the H&V breakfast more so we're in a good position in the park to sign up early for Jedi training to get the time we want, and to get the preferred seating for Fantasmic. We actually aren't huge fans of the Disney Jr. characters yet in our house, so I'm fine to skip this breakfast if there are good ways to position ourselves re. Jedi training and Fantasmic.

So if we took out the PPO breakfast, how would you structure our touring plan to include a full TSL experience, signing up for/doing Jedi training and getting a good seat for Fantasmic? (While we'd like to do these, we're fine to drop: Disney Jr. dance party, Frozen Sing Along, Star Tours, Muppets 3D)

The sign up procedure for Jedi Training Academy has relaxed since the opening of Toy Story Land. It's typically the case—especially since you're going at a low-crowd time of the year—that guests can now experience Toy Story Land before signing their kids up for JTA. You should be fine if you get there by 10:00-10:30 am. If that makes you too nervous, though, you should at least be able to do TSMM and Alien Saucers before coming out to sign up your kids, then going back to TSL to complete your Slinky Dog ride and character-meet.

Check for Fantasmic! FastPasses after you use your third FP+. They're usually plentiful, even at that time of day, and while it won't save you a ton of time (you should still get there 45-60 minutes before showtime), you'll enjoy a better range of seating with the FastPass.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Random thoughts:

You might wanna save steps using the boat on your way back for the break, and from the break. Swan's the first stop from HS, and the last stop To HS.

Also, those afternoon FP's for ST and Muppets? I would really think about using them in the am for something like TSMM. If you're gonna take a break, you can probably get those same afternoon FP's if you want them while youre chilling at the hotel on your break. You don't really need a FP for Muppets, anyway. It's a big theater. I might hunt and probably find FP's for TSMM for the fam during the mid-day break, then wait the 15 min for ST standby instead. The kids will probably really like tsmm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts