Island Tower at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

So if we all call up tomorrow, not knowing any prices/dates/room details, we just say "what do you have?" and book a room? That seems nuts. I need to know some basic info especially price range.

Did they do this same thing for VDH? Or will we get something tonight?
Yes one of the largest hotel accommodation providers on the planet does in fact conduct business in the way you described.

I bet the forthcoming villas concept art will cleverly conceal long sections of empty walls, leading to internet outrage and yearnings for kitschy Poly design elements from yesteryear…

Much different with VDH. March 9 we received the introduction email from DVC. By then we knew the looks in all the unit types. March 15 was the call in cash stays for booking opening public September 28. With VDH, there were already invited guests staying there before that official opening day and ceremony.

Yes one of the largest hotel accommodation providers on the planet does in fact conduct business in the way you described.
I get this is capitalism. If we are willing to pay, then go for it. However, I need to at least know the bed set-up or something. I call up, they tell me what's available - I need to at least need to have a moment or so to figure out what works for my family. Some people have teens, some just go by themselves. Some little kids. It all changes what you need.

I just get a vibe they don't actually have as much ready as we may like.

I get this is capitalism. If we are willing to pay, then go for it. However, I need to at least know the bed set-up or something. I call up, they tell me what's available - I need to at least need to have a moment or so to figure out what works for my family. Some people have teens, some just go by themselves. Some little kids. It all changes what you need.

I just get a vibe they don't actually have as much ready as we may like.
I don't think that's it. If you go back to the videos Disney put out of VDH, all of the preview videos were of a fully mocked-up hallway and several guest rooms that appeared to have been built in a warehouse or sound stage (at one point, the host literally "walks off' the "set").

When Disney released those videos they literally had nothing ready, but were still able to put out some product.

I don't think that's it. If you go back to the videos Disney put out of VDH, all of the preview videos were of a fully mocked-up hallway and several guest rooms that appeared to have been built in a warehouse or sound stage (at one point, the host literally "walks off' the "set").

When Disney released those videos they literally had nothing ready, but were still able to put out some product.
So why the lack of public info? I just foresee terribly customer service reports tomorrow because they will have to show and explain everything over the phone when we call.

I bet the forthcoming villas concept art will cleverly conceal long sections of empty walls, leading to internet outrage and yearnings for kitschy Poly design elements from yesteryear…
Different strokes for different folks ... It's what makes the World go 'round 💫 :smickey: 🌴🌺🌴

So why the lack of public info? I just foresee terribly customer service reports tomorrow because they will have to show and explain everything over the phone when we call.
They're probably not ready to make a big splash, and want to time the release of information as much as possible to support a bit marketing push.

And I suspect they won't have a problem booking rooms for cash even without info being available. Vloggers alone could book the place for at least a few weeks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter