Is WIFI good in the parks?

It's acceptable. One or two areas in the park where the signal is a bit weak but coverage has gotten better over the past few years and there's less dead spots now. Also don't go expecting anything exceptional from the speed - it's not set up for vlogging or streaming - but is perfectly fine for using the DLP app to get wait times and check your e-mails etc.

I noticed to have better coverage on the outskirts and strangely enough within Pirates and within Phantom Manor.

Does the wifi extend to the hotels? And the walk between park and hotel? Does it require a password?

My phone doesn’t have cell service in France so I’ll be 100% reliant on their wifi…

Just got back from staying at Hotel New York - I'm from the US and was planning to buy an international plan from my cell provider, but the wifi was so good I didn't need to. We relied exclusively on the wifi. There's wifi at each hotel, at Disney Village, and in the parks, so staying at Hotel New York we had wifi the whole time. You have to sign in - put in your name, email address, accept terms of service - but no password is required. It was plenty fast enough to check wait times, buy premier access passes, and even to join the Hero Training Center virtual queue.

Just got back from staying at Hotel New York - I'm from the US and was planning to buy an international plan from my cell provider, but the wifi was so good I didn't need to. We relied exclusively on the wifi. There's wifi at each hotel, at Disney Village, and in the parks, so staying at Hotel New York we had wifi the whole time. You have to sign in - put in your name, email address, accept terms of service - but no password is required. It was plenty fast enough to check wait times, buy premier access passes, and even to join the Hero Training Center virtual queue.
I am so glad to hear this- I have been researching how to manage our iPhones while in Europe, and avoiding exorbitant fees, but am getting confused. So, to confirm, do you keep it in airplane mode until you are in a spot that has Wi-Fi, then turn that off and connect to the local wifi( DLP, in this instance)until you check out, then turn airplane mode back on till you get to your next destination with a Wi-Fi spot? Pardon my ignorance -I was at the Xfinity store just yesterday asking how to use them overseas, and was still not clear on it!

You can still connect to Wi-Fi even when you're in Airplane Mode - when you enable that mode, it'll disconnect you from whatever Wi-Fi you were connected to at that particular moment, but you can override just that setting and turn Wi-Fi back on, while still remaining in Airplane Mode for all other forms of connection (e.g. mobile data).

I am so glad to hear this- I have been researching how to manage our iPhones while in Europe, and avoiding exorbitant fees, but am getting confused. So, to confirm, do you keep it in airplane mode until you are in a spot that has Wi-Fi, then turn that off and connect to the local wifi( DLP, in this instance)until you check out, then turn airplane mode back on till you get to your next destination with a Wi-Fi spot? Pardon my ignorance -I was at the Xfinity store just yesterday asking how to use them overseas, and was still not clear on it!
Depends on your carrier. We have T Mobile, and when we landed in France, we got a text saying what our plan covered in France. It covered 256kpbs data and texting, with phone calls being 25 cents a minute, so I just left my phone on normal and connected to the park wifi. Sorry I can't help!

Just to let you know that if you have newer phones you can add a ESim to it! This is a virtual simcard that will take over while your abroad working with your current one but will take over the data side of things.

They all differ but buy a week or so before you travel and activate when in the country.

They are disposable and to give you a idea of the costs for a short package from 3 providers for French coverage:

aloSIMi 3gb - 10usd
BreatheSIM 3gb - 10usd
Flexiroam x 1gb - 6usd

They all have larger packages that go upto 10gb for 22usd.

You may also want to look into the breatheSim Europe simcard so your trip to all Europe is covered.

If you don't have a phone capable of essim and want a traditional phone simcard. Purchase a O2 simcard (UK - so English speaking) and it's tariffs include EU roaming. (Giff gaff & voxi currently also do this).

ok -
ive got 4 days in Paris , 4 days at DLP...

.... cell phone is with Verizon.

Q -
fair to say get a "international Monthly plan" ???
feedback would be greatly appreciated -

my intent -
take pics, shoot say 2 min videos, do say 5 min live streaming etc...

tia!

t.t.f.n.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter