Is WDW booking site in real time?

k5thbeatle

DIS Veteran
I think I know the answer to this but is the official WDW online booking site in real time? In other words, if a cancellation is made does it show up as available as soon as the cancellation is made or is there a lag between a cancelled room and when it shows as available.

We kind of had a last minute opportunity to visit at the end of this month fall into our laps and was trying to find a room without much luck and wondered if calling them might make a difference if they had access to cancelled rooms that were not online yet?

But I'm guessing they will not be able to see any more than what we could online?

I've also done the last-minute thing. The key was constantly checking throughout the day -- everyday -- AND having 2-3 hotel picks and which room we'd be happy with at each place.
Once the room you're looking for pops up, be ready to book it immediately!
This is time consuming and can be frustrating but people cancel all the time and rooms do usually pop up. (The hotels also seem to hold on to accessible rooms until the very end as well. So sometimes those will pop up as well.)

I've also done the last-minute thing. The key was constantly checking throughout the day -- everyday -- AND having 2-3 hotel picks and which room we'd be happy with at each place.
Once the room you're looking for pops up, be ready to book it immediately!
This is time consuming and can be frustrating but people cancel all the time and rooms do usually pop up. (The hotels also seem to hold on to accessible rooms until the very end as well. So sometimes those will pop up as well.)

Thanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!