Is Vistana Resort for the under 3's

Helen Clayton

Earning My Ears
After much deliberating I am almost at a decision to stay off site - more accommodation for our money has won me over. Will anyone change my mind again!!

I really like the look of Vistana Resort and would like to know what facilities i.e. playgrounds, pools,meals etc for very young children. My daughter will be just under 3 when we go. Would also like to know if the transport system to worthwhile to use or will it just be easier to get in the car

Thanks
Helen

Hi Helen!
My family owns 4 weeks at Vistana. Our kids have spent many vacations there and loved every minute of it. Vistana has alot for the older age groups, but they do offer some things for the little ones. The playgrounds are pretty good. They have several pools, putt putt golf, you can borrow games from the game room, movies, they have a kids club with things going on everyday for kids. I'm not sure what the age groups are but, we have taken kids from the age of 6 months all the way up to teenagers there and they have all had a great time. (DD spent her 2nd birthday at Vistana and they did all sort of stuff for her!) Every time we go there, we say that we need to plan a trip just to see all of Vistana and not go to the parks! (like that will ever happen!!) As far as the shuttle goes...we have only used it to and from the airport so I cant comment on that too much-it ran on schedule!! Another nice time share condo in the area is Star Island! That is my DH's favorite.

Flheiny-

My son will be turning 4 while we're at Vistana on 2/24. What kind of stuff did they do for your daughter?:bounce:

NHPM

IT WAS EIGHT YEARS AGO (SHE TURNS 10 ON VALENTINES DAY) BUT THEY GAVE HER A SHIRT, HAD BALLOONS AT THE TABLE FOR BREAKFAST, AND GAVE HER A VALENTINES DAY MINI CAKE WITH 2 CANDLES. THEN, THAT NIGHT AT THE POOL SIDE RESTRAUNT, THEY SANG HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND MADE A BIG DEAL OF IT FOR HER, GAVE HER A BIRTHDAY BUTTON OR STICKER, I DON'T REMEMBER WHICH, AND CAKE. SHE ALSO RECEIVED A FREE PUTT PUTT GOLF GAME (WHICH WE USED A FEW YEARS LATER). I DON'T REMEMBER WHO I TALKED TO, IT WAS LIKE THE ACTIVITIES DIRECTOR OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. MAYBE ASK AT THE FRONT DESK TO SEE WHO YOU NEED TO TALK TO ABOUT WHAT THEY DO NOW.

We have booked the Vistana for 14 days!!! I am nervous about staying off property because my wife has MS. I know the disney properties pretty well and have always loved to be on property. I knew where to request to get her close to the pool & food courts. This year we opted for more space, since my DD is bringing a friend. We definately got more bang for our buck. Can anyone tell me which pool is the "main" pool at Vistana? I want to request a room near the main pool and restaurants. The map I have does not tell me much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter