Is visiting the Boardwalk worth it with a one year old? What about Disney Springs?

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
We are staying at the GF, so using monorail for the majority of our trip. We will need a bus for AK and for DHS, which means we have to fold up the stroller, which will be a bummer with a very wiggly one year old.

Is there anything really worth it at Disney Springs or the Boardwalk to justify us taking the bus, having to remove DC from the stroller etc?

probably not...I mean they're both nice for visiting (boardwalk in evenings only) but I wouldn't bother with a special trip unless I was bored and looking for something different...esp.with a baby and stroller etc. Or in the case of DS you REALLY like shopping....(Ds is better during day IMHO since it's less crowded)

If you’re at Epcot and feel like you want to check out then boardwalk just head over there through the international gateway. You can also walk over from DHS. Personally, I wouldn’t take the time out from the parks for the boardwalk.

We do try to spend half a day or so at DS if we have a 7 day or more trip. Whether it’s worth it or not is subjective.

IMHO, no. As PP suggested, if you are at EP in the evening and you want to take a stroll on the Boardwalk to see the entertainment, I would simply exit out the IG and walk over from there. A separate trip over to Boardwalk would not be worth it.

And for DS, unless you want to do a ton of shopping, there is no reason to go there with a 1-year old, IMHO. When your child is older and has an interest in bowling or the Star Wars VR experience (if it's still there), perhaps it warrants an extra trip, but no point in going through the hassle now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter