is VGC always impossible to book?

PocahontasLookALike

DIS Veteran
Ive been a DVC member since 2005 and as long as I can remember it has been pretty much impossible to use my points here. I know they even did an expansion of the DVC side a few years ago. I don't even need one of the elusive 2 bedroom villas. I'm happy with a studio! but nearly every single time I attempt to book there it's unavailable. I can use my points on the regular resort side but the point cost is crazy high for less amenities in my opinion! I've used my points there on the resort but to me isn't not an effective way to use them.

Studios are actually hardest.

Every resort added adds more competition at 7 months.

Disney's ahnds are tied relative to expanding DVC in Anaheim due to city zoning code.

A few days ago I booked a dedicated 2 Bedroom. Luck I guess but also a ton of points so maybe less competition. I'd been watching and Studios were never going to happen, didn't want one anyway. 1 Bedroom only slightly less available than 2 Bedrooms and Grand Villas about the same as Studios.

I got one night in a studio on the Friday of Easter week (so maybe a tiny bit easier, because it was 37 points!! FOR A STUDIO) - at 8am Eastern, 7mo on the dot. It was available on the RAT for a few hours that morning.

Twice now we have booked a 1-bedroom for our daughter's March break at the 7 month mark, I was online right at 8am!

I’ve been stalking for months because we got the dates for my daughter’s dance group performance at 5 months out. Ugh! We own there too. But, I was watching for 1BR or studios. The 1bedroom came up for Sat 2/8 twice in the two months I’ve been watching (I got it). Friday 2/7 just opened in a studio this morning! Woot! So I got my dates! Now just to hope the studio opens on 2/8 so I can switch, but I’m happy.

But in stalking, I learned one Bedrooms open up with some frequency. But they go quick and usually only one day at a time. Fri/Sat of Easter weekend was open for a couple days and 2/29 and 3/1 were also open at some point. Studios. Ugh. These hardly ever have opened up and I havent seen consecutive days at all.

If booking at 7 months, shoot for a 1BR, that’s your best shot.

I own at BWV and have stayed in studios or 1 bedrooms several times. Studios are the hardest but I was able to pull together 3 nights last October by waitlisting one night a time. Had a 1 bedroom in August. Dedicated 2 bedrooms are the easiest.

Ive been a DVC member since 2005 and as long as I can remember it has been pretty much impossible to use my points here. I know they even did an expansion of the DVC side a few years ago. I don't even need one of the elusive 2 bedroom villas. I'm happy with a studio! but nearly every single time I attempt to book there it's unavailable. I can use my points on the regular resort side but the point cost is crazy high for less amenities in my opinion! I've used my points there on the resort but to me isn't not an effective way to use them.
There are 23 lockoff two bedroom villas, 23 dedicated two bedroom villas and 2 grand villas. So a two bedroom should be easier to book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!