Is this you?? (Different walking paces)

StevieD

Mouseketeer
OK, here is my DW's #1 complaint during our visits to WDW - she claims I walk too fast. I must admit, my pace is a bit quicker. Our normal mode is me walking in the lead, eventually getting about 10-20 feet ahead - I then slow down or stop and she (and DD) catch up. This really irritates my DW, and while I understand her irritation, I just have trouble slowing down..I guess I get into commando mode and can't stop.

So.....anyone out there - do you relate???? Is it just us, or is this a common complaint?? (as you can see, I have a crying need to feel "normal").

Oh this sounds just like us excpet it is me that is way ahead and my DH 20 ft behind me. I always walk fast. My Grandmother was the same way. I must have taken too many walks with her when I was growing up.

This sounds just like us. My dh, ds[13] and dd[11] are always way ahead of myself and ds[7]. But I get soooooo mad, I stop dead in my tracks,[the first time] and then he usually looks back and stops, he waits then tells me he is sorry, he will stay with us. Never happens. He will eventually get way ahead again, then I will usually just keep going, there is really no hope that he will slow down while at disney. Oh well, at least we get to go.:D

We have that problem in the afternoons after DH gets tired. He's less enthusiastic about WDW than I am, so he slows down as the day wears on, but I keep going. I slow down for him, since I don't want us to get separated. I find that holding his hand helps us maintain the same pace much easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter