Is this what it feels like to be fast? W&D runDisney TR 2018 (Updated Dec. 18th)

Donald has a twin!

I believe I heard @Disney at Heart and her husband call out my name around here but couldn't see because it was dark.
Yep. That was us! It was exciting to see you! You were taking a picture with Donald and then running off when we hollered. And, yes, Donald had a twin! We stopped for all the characters for the first time ever.

When I saw your outfit - I knew it would be horribly hot! Glad you kept it for the 5k! And love the twin photo!

When I saw your outfit - I knew it would be horribly hot! Glad you kept it for the 5k! And love the twin photo!
I am very happy I went with it for the 5K. I knew for sure I wouldn't do it for half but did consider it for the 10K.

You are brave running in that Donald outfit, but come January if it's freezing you might want to be Donald again!

Great costume! I always love seeing everyone's creative costumes, but I go for comfort over fashion. The 5K is the best one to go all in with the costume though - I can't imagine how people get thru a half marathon in some of those outfits!
I regretted not doing the 5K for this one, as I adore the medal and it is a unique course being all at AK. You got a lot of great photos!

Great costume! I always love seeing everyone's creative costumes, but I go for comfort over fashion. The 5K is the best one to go all in with the costume though - I can't imagine how people get thru a half marathon in some of those outfits!
I regretted not doing the 5K for this one, as I adore the medal and it is a unique course being all at AK. You got a lot of great photos!
Thanks! I agree about some of the half costumes. I don’t know how people do it.

Looks like a fun race. I need to get my wife and I and some friends to a Disney race one of these years.

Let's Rope Drop Toy Story Land!

So what do I do after running a 5K? Well I rope drop Toy Story Land of course!

I took advantage of being in corral A and getting finished quickly. I was at DHS before the park opened but the crowd was still pretty large. I arrived at maybe 7:45-7:50AM for EMH that morning.

IMG_7360 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Skyliner and the new bus loop is progressing nicely. I know many complain about the walk from the buses to the entrance but I don't find it too much worse than Epcot or Disney Springs.

IMG_7610 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3568 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Crowd at the entrance

IMG_9512 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

We were let in and held for a moment on Hollywood Blvd.

IMG_6791 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

As I got into Toy Story Land the line for Slinky was already reading 60 minutes. I got in line anyways of course. The line moved pretty steadily though.

IMG_3133 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3840 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_9274 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8624 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_0690 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I really liked looking at all the toy theming.

IMG_4356 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_4680 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_4721 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_5932 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2177 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

After bout 45-50 minutes it was time to ride!

IMG_2296 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I was still learning where the ride camera was.

IMG_6432 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Overall I really enjoyed Slinky Dog. It was more thrilling than I expected it and really a lot of fun. It is definitely a great addition to Hollywood Studios.

I decided to try some of the breakfast options at Woody's Lunchbox next.

IMG_3969 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_4683 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I ordered the Smores French Toast.

IMG_9684 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

It was pretty good. I would get it again but would also like to try some other options.

A look at the upcoming Galaxy's Edge!

IMG_9310 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

After that it was time to head to my favorite park, Disney's Animal Kingdom!

Up Next: A Wild Time at AK!

So was making RD your second race of the day?
TSL is so well themed, IMO. The s’mores is surprisingly good given the early reviews. Seems like they worked out the kinks at Woody’s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!