Is this what it feels like to be fast? W&D runDisney TR 2018 (Updated Dec. 18th)

EDNA MODE?!?!?!?

I'm dying. Please, please, please let her be out for marathon weekend. I've never seen her before.

Elvis Stitch is also amazing and Chip and Dale in those dino costumes are great.

Congrats on a great race and new PR!!

EDNA MODE?!?!?!?

I'm dying. Please, please, please let her be out for marathon weekend. I've never seen her before.

Elvis Stitch is also amazing and Chip and Dale in those dino costumes are great.

Congrats on a great race and new PR!!
I know! I was so excited to see Edna.

Thanks!

I eat more than I can imagine!

After the race I had some time before brunch at the California Grill. I decided to head to the Magic Kingdom for some medal pictures and maybe a ride or two.

Christmas was a full go at the Magic Kingdom when I arrived. I always love the holidays at the parks.

IMG_6015 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_7818 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_0035 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_5097 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2062 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I got in line for a couple medal pictures...

IMG_6778 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6777 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

The CM in the background of that picture was very nice and came up after the photos and congratulated me and asked me about the races.

I went over to the hub for some attempts at being artistic.

IMG_2741 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

APC_0458 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

APC_0453 2 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

APC_0451 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

APC_0450 2 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

APC_0449 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

APC_0448 2 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

APC_0447 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

After my artsy photos I went over to the People Mover. The park was pretty busy that day so even the People Mover had a bit of a line.

IMG_9161 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3248 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_7063 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Then it was time for brunch! I was dining with some other Disers for this meal and it was all of our first time there. We didn't have a window table but we did have a decent view of things including Spaceship Earth, Expedition Everest, and more!

IMG_8009 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

We got our drinks (mimosas and water) and then headed up to the buffet portion!

This was plate number 1 for me..

IMG_2890 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Everything was really good. I am not usually a fan of deviled eggs and such but this one was particularly good.

Now for the sweet stuff!

IMG_6385 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

OMG I don't remember what the ice cream covered thing was but it was probably the best thing I had the entire meal. I had to get a second once after that one. I would go back just for that.

Now for my actual meal I got the chicken and waffles.

IMG_2295 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

It was really good. I am not usually a person to get chicken and waffles but I would get this again as well. Only problem is I didn't finish it because of the buffet before the meal. They just have so much food here that is so good I was absolutely stuffed.

They brought out dessert next...

IMG_6415 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

All four of us at the table decided to take dessert back with us. It was just such a filling meal we couldn't even try dessert then. I did end up eating them later and I liked the macarons and bark the best. The rest was just okay.

I will say this meal is crazy expensive at $80 a person but you get endless mimosas, an entrée, and the buffet, with dessert at the end all included. I would do this again but I want to try dinner first.

After this I headed and onto Hollywood Studios for the day.

One Man's Dream was my first stop to check out the Wreck it Ralph 2 preview.

IMG_6362 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_5488 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_9304 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I can't wait for Galaxy's Edge!

The preview for WiR2 was good. I have since seen the movie and I enjoyed it but probably not as much as the first one.

As I left the theater it was pouring outside... I put on a poncho and headed towards Star Tours.

IMG_9794 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I was able to switch my Fastpasses around a bit and got a Slinky for nighttime before I would head to the after party.

I also happened to eat my Cali Grill desserts over near Tower of Terror. My foot was bothering me a bit so I was doing a lot of resting in between rides to keep off of it.

I rode Rockin Rollercoaster next.

IMG_7196.JPG

Then onto Toy Story Land for my Slinky FP!

IMG_4507 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6793 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6794 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6797 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I really enjoyed Slinky at night. The lights and everything was a lot of fun.

IMG_7195.JPG

I am still learning where the camera is...

Then it was onto Epcot for the Wine and Dine after party!

I took the boat from DHS to Epcot. I headed towards the front of World Showcase to meet up with the group of Disers I would be with for the night. We started making our way around World Showcase starting with Mexico. We rode Gran Fiesta Tour.

IMG_4348 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

It then was raining outside so we camped out inside the Mexico pavilion for a while. Illuminations went on outside in the pouring rain. None of us wanted to stand and watch it in the rain though. After a while we decided to make a mad dash for Frozen in the rain. It was an eventful mad dash to say the least. LOL

IMG_7197.JPG

The rain was finally done after this so we continued our way around World Showcase. I think the rain helped keep some of the crowds low because there wasn't a ton of people just walking around World Showcase.

I don't have pictures of every stop we made but I have a few.

Germany stop for a brat. I will say I have had much better brats in WI.

IMG_2597 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Cannoli in Italy... It was just okay.

IMG_0776 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

We had a blast making our way around World Showcase. Definitely some of the most fun I have had without rides and family.
We approached the end of our World Showcase tour and went on Soarin. I am pretty sure we were the last ride of the night before the party closed.

We all went in our separate directions after that. It was truly a great night with great people.

Up Next: I TOUCH A RHINO!

Cali Grill is awesome.
Your artistic pictures came out really nice! Slinky at night looks really fun. I may have to try that next trip.
That brat looks less than amazing, for sure.
That Frozen pic is hysterical. The little girl in the second row looks terrified.

Cali Grill is awesome.
Your artistic pictures came out really nice! Slinky at night looks really fun. I may have to try that next trip.
That brat looks less than amazing, for sure.
That Frozen pic is hysterical. The little girl in the second row looks terrified.
It was so good and great company too ;)

Definitely do Slinky at night!

Mike's face is hilarious in the Frozen picture. That mom is holding onto her baby for dear life too!

Amazing medal shots!

Cali brunch looks fabulous! I must do this someday! I’ve only been for dinner!

It looks like you had a blast at the after party! Yay, those are my DIS people!

I eat more than I can imagine!

After the race I had some time before brunch at the California Grill. I decided to head to the Magic Kingdom for some medal pictures and maybe a ride or two.

Christmas was a full go at the Magic Kingdom when I arrived. I always love the holidays at the parks.

IMG_6015 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_7818 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_0035 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_5097 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2062 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I got in line for a couple medal pictures...

IMG_6778 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6777 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

The CM in the background of that picture was very nice and came up after the photos and congratulated me and asked me about the races.

I went over to the hub for some attempts at being artistic.

IMG_2741 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

APC_0458 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

APC_0453 2 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

APC_0451 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

APC_0450 2 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

APC_0449 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

APC_0448 2 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

APC_0447 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

After my artsy photos I went over to the People Mover. The park was pretty busy that day so even the People Mover had a bit of a line.

IMG_9161 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3248 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_7063 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Then it was time for brunch! I was dining with some other Disers for this meal and it was all of our first time there. We didn't have a window table but we did have a decent view of things including Spaceship Earth, Expedition Everest, and more!

IMG_8009 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

We got our drinks (mimosas and water) and then headed up to the buffet portion!

This was plate number 1 for me..

IMG_2890 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Everything was really good. I am not usually a fan of deviled eggs and such but this one was particularly good.

Now for the sweet stuff!

IMG_6385 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

OMG I don't remember what the ice cream covered thing was but it was probably the best thing I had the entire meal. I had to get a second once after that one. I would go back just for that.

Now for my actual meal I got the chicken and waffles.

IMG_2295 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

It was really good. I am not usually a person to get chicken and waffles but I would get this again as well. Only problem is I didn't finish it because of the buffet before the meal. They just have so much food here that is so good I was absolutely stuffed.

They brought out dessert next...

IMG_6415 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

All four of us at the table decided to take dessert back with us. It was just such a filling meal we couldn't even try dessert then. I did end up eating them later and I liked the macarons and bark the best. The rest was just okay.

I will say this meal is crazy expensive at $80 a person but you get endless mimosas, an entrée, and the buffet, with dessert at the end all included. I would do this again but I want to try dinner first.

After this I headed and onto Hollywood Studios for the day.

One Man's Dream was my first stop to check out the Wreck it Ralph 2 preview.

IMG_6362 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_5488 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_9304 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I can't wait for Galaxy's Edge!

The preview for WiR2 was good. I have since seen the movie and I enjoyed it but probably not as much as the first one.

As I left the theater it was pouring outside... I put on a poncho and headed towards Star Tours.

IMG_9794 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I was able to switch my Fastpasses around a bit and got a Slinky for nighttime before I would head to the after party.

I also happened to eat my Cali Grill desserts over near Tower of Terror. My foot was bothering me a bit so I was doing a lot of resting in between rides to keep off of it.

I rode Rockin Rollercoaster next.

View attachment 369303

Then onto Toy Story Land for my Slinky FP!

IMG_4507 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6793 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6794 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6797 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I really enjoyed Slinky at night. The lights and everything was a lot of fun.

View attachment 369304

I am still learning where the camera is...

Then it was onto Epcot for the Wine and Dine after party!

I took the boat from DHS to Epcot. I headed towards the front of World Showcase to meet up with the group of Disers I would be with for the night. We started making our way around World Showcase starting with Mexico. We rode Gran Fiesta Tour.

IMG_4348 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

It then was raining outside so we camped out inside the Mexico pavilion for a while. Illuminations went on outside in the pouring rain. None of us wanted to stand and watch it in the rain though. After a while we decided to make a mad dash for Frozen in the rain. It was an eventful mad dash to say the least. LOL

View attachment 369305

The rain was finally done after this so we continued our way around World Showcase. I think the rain helped keep some of the crowds low because there wasn't a ton of people just walking around World Showcase.

I don't have pictures of every stop we made but I have a few.

Germany stop for a brat. I will say I have had much better brats in WI.

IMG_2597 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Cannoli in Italy... It was just okay.

IMG_0776 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

We had a blast making our way around World Showcase. Definitely some of the most fun I have had without rides and family.
We approached the end of our World Showcase tour and went on Soarin. I am pretty sure we were the last ride of the night before the party closed.

We all went in our separate directions after that. It was truly a great night with great people.

Up Next: I TOUCH A RHINO!
Great photos Ryan! After seeing these I know I need to make more of an effort to take pictures.

Looks like you (and your medals....congrats) had a great day!

You kept yourself extremely busy despite having woken up really early.

Glad you enjoyed the brunch as well! It is a ton of food.

Glad you got to enjoy Slinky Dog at night and you had fun at the party despite the rain!

Great photos Ryan! After seeing these I know I need to make more of an effort to take pictures.

Looks like you (and your medals....congrats) had a great day!

Thanks!

I don’t know why but I always like taking pictures of and with the medals.

You kept yourself extremely busy despite having woken up really early.

Glad you enjoyed the brunch as well! It is a ton of food.

Glad you got to enjoy Slinky Dog at night and you had fun at the party despite the rain!

Yeah I was busy but did just sit down and people watch in between activities.

It would’ve really sucked had it rained all night but thankfully it stopped.

You have mastered the art of a medal photo shoot! Three parks in one day on the Sunday of a race weekend? You are a machine!

I have only been to Cali Grill for dinner but YUM! So expensive, so it is a place we save for special occasions (bdays, anniversary), but one of our favorites!

I had to head home Sunday afternoon - I squeezed in a couple of hours at AK after the half before I had to get on the Magical Express - so sad to have missed the party (even with the rain!) and just enjoying the post-race glow walking around the parks.

Love all the medal shots in front of the castle. Getting to showcase the medals is one of the best parts after the races.

Sounds like a massive brunch, but if there were ever a time to eat too much, it was after 20+ miles of running in a short time frame.

Bummer that it rained during the party, but glad it didn't stop you from having a fun time in Epcot.

You have mastered the art of a medal photo shoot! Three parks in one day on the Sunday of a race weekend? You are a machine!

I have only been to Cali Grill for dinner but YUM! So expensive, so it is a place we save for special occasions (bdays, anniversary), but one of our favorites!

I had to head home Sunday afternoon - I squeezed in a couple of hours at AK after the half before I had to get on the Magical Express - so sad to have missed the party (even with the rain!) and just enjoying the post-race glow walking around the parks.
Maybe I should try four parks in one day after a race since I’ve done three now lol.

Yeah definitely a place to save for special occasions.

Glad you got some park time on Sunday before you left. The party was a lot of fun.

Love all the medal shots in front of the castle. Getting to showcase the medals is one of the best parts after the races.

Sounds like a massive brunch, but if there were ever a time to eat too much, it was after 20+ miles of running.

Bummer that it rained during the party, but glad it didn't stop you from having a fun time in Epcot.
Agreed!

Yes the rain didn’t stop the fun!

31258568227_fe5e2ce9da_b.jpg

Love these two pics! Your attempts at artsy were successful for sure :)

Great medal pics!! I'm hoping to get to ride Slinky at night on this trip. It looks really cool at night! I'm anxious to hear about the rhino tour as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!