Is this vacation schedule ok?

julsmom

DIS Veteran
Is this schedule the best idea? (Using citypass/ staying Newport Beach)
Day 1: DL (Saturday)
Day 2: Sea World
Day 3: DL
Day 4: Visit new neighborhoods/school for spring move.
Day 5: DL w/ Surf's Up breakfast
Day 6: US (Thanksgiving)

DH wants to break up DL as opposed to going back to back. Also, I don't know what to expect with crowd levels. Will US be insane?
We will fly in/out on days 0/7.

Haha! I love your priorities. This is exactly what I would do if I were moving to California. One day looking for a school, house, neighborhood, and the rest for FUN!

I like that your going to San Diego on Sunday rather than on a weekday. But beware there will likely be traffic on your way home. Maybe a lot of traffic...

You may want to switch San Diego and Disneyland Sat and Sunday (but that doesn't get your DH desire to break up the park days). There won't be traffic either way on Saturday to and from San Diego. And Sunday night traffic from Disneyland back to Newport Beach should be pretty minimal.

Haha! I love your priorities. This is exactly what I would do if I were moving to California. One day looking for a school, house, neighborhood, and the rest for FUN!

I like that your going to San Diego on Sunday rather than on a weekday. But beware there will likely be traffic on your way home. Maybe a lot of traffic...

You may want to switch San Diego and Disneyland Sat and Sunday (but that doesn't get your DH desire to break up the park days). There won't be traffic either way on Saturday to and from San Diego. And Sunday night traffic from Disneyland back to Newport Beach should be pretty minimal.

Thank you for your input! I really appreciate the advice. I need to consider the traffic.

As far as moving, we are fairly familiar with the area. My husbands office headquarters are there so he is there often. He knows more people there than at our current home. :thumbsup2 I don't know if I want to spend a great deal of time (as in days or longer) to just 'bum around' the town.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter