Is this rate too high?

AHawkins

Earning My Ears
Hi Guys,

My family is currently trying to make reservations for our stay at Walt Disney World starting July 19th for 8 nights and departing July 27th. We are a family of four (2 adults, and 2 Children 14 and 16 years old). We would prefer to stay at a Home Away from Home resort, but if would stay at another moderate or deluxe hotel if we could get a good rate or two rooms.

I called CRO this morning, and got them to check the Fairytale Magic Package at the Fort Wilderness Cabins. I was given a rate of $2,604.37 - does this seem too high to you?

I think it is, especially considering I was given the rate of 1,284 for room only at the Fort Wilderness Cabins. What is even more perplexing for me, is that when I asked for the AP rate on the room only at FWC I was given a rate of 1,374.

Am I doing something wrong? What are some of the rates that y'all have been getting?

10 nights at AKL arriving August 18th....

Total price $1276 Room only

I will buy Annual passes ($318 x 2) when I get there.

This is an annual passholder rate.

I did a quick check online using the information you gave and I got a quote of $2514 including tax, no insurance for the FT package. With insurance it was $2584. There shouldn't be any difference, but if your quote included insurance it wouldn't be that far off the quote I got online.

As for the other quotes....$1284 is exactly what mousesavers shows it would cost on an AP rate for 8 nights. So perhaps the CM meant that to be the AP rate.

Regardless, if either of those 2 quotes was supposed to be rack rate, they are both way too low. The online total was for rack rate, room only was $2042. which sounds more like it. There's just no way rack rates are going to be anywhere near either of the quotes you were given...which explains why the FT package doesn't look all that good to you!

Part of the reason the $2514 isn't as much savings as it could be is that you're staying for 8 nights. Your paying rack rate for 5 nights and only getting 3 nights free. A 7 night stay offers the maximum savings, 4 nights rack rate, 3 night free. You might want to consider booking a 7 night FT package, then book either the first or last night at room only rates. You could adjust your plans to make the one day that is room only a day to do other things outside the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter