Is this possible to do at AK?

I would move your dinner reservation. Either do it for a late lunch and then leave, or do it right after FOP. At 4:00 It makes your break time really cramped.

I think it depends on where you are staying and your mode of transportation - that's what I take into consideration doing breaks. Sometimes we do them, sometimes not. If you're staying in a resort near AK, it's really not that far to go back to the hotel to take a combat nap, or a swim, even by bus. For me taking a break is more about removing myself from the crowds than say, a nap or a swim - I don't know if that's the case for you husband. There are some places to sit and relax for a break in AK -- some of my favorites are snack stand near safari, the drink stand near Asia that has seating along the water, Starbucks out front. As previous posters have said, if you have the option of changing your dinner reservation, that would help too.

I wouldn't go out of my way to see UP! either. (if you are looking to cut something.) It's cute, I guess, but it's geared toward children doing that Wilderness Explorer challenge. This show seemed less about the birds than the previous version.

We take our Animal Kingdom breaks right in the park. Either, as some have suggested, at Nomad Lounge, or (when the weather permits) in a former smoking area. If you head directly to Asia from Africa, there is a turn off on your left which leads to a shady nook with tables and chairs. Now that smoking isn’t allowed in the parks, this is a quiet and restful place to take a long break. DW snoozes, and I take my Kindle and read and enjoy the ambiance.

As for the original plan: I usually tour the parks alone and am reasonably quick on my feet, that being said, even I wouldn't attempt that plan. A bit too tightly timed. And if a slow-moving stroller, a group of 6 people walking hand-in-hand in front of you, or a tour group gets in the way, there goes that plan.

Personally I also wouldn't leave the park for a break - not with a 4-day schedule. The 2 walking trails in Animal Kingdom are a really good place to wind down. Meander, take your time, sit down and just chill and relax, you can space out 30 minutes easy. Among the trails and trees, it's (relatively) quiet, keeping in mind where you are, of course.

Good luck!

The Up show is about 25 minutes, so you would really have to book it over to FOTLK. You’ll probably have to decide between leaving Up a few minutes early or arriving at FOTLK a few minutes late and hoping seats are still available. The Nemo musical is right near Everest so if you hurry right over Everest after FOTLK you might be good there. You are definitely going to need to move very quickly between each attraction/show.
I would not count on being able to get into FotLK if you are late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter