Is this even possible?????

LeahA

DIS Veteran
My dh, ds-4,ds-1 are going to Disney for a week in May.
My plan is to go to Magic Kingdom in the morning, on our EE day. We plan on staying til after the 3p.m. parade and heading back to All Star Sports.
We then plan on going back to the Magic Kingdom around 8p.m. so we can see Spectromagic at 9p.m. and the fireworks at 10p.m.

My question is: Is it feasible for me to even try to do this with 2 kids?

I definitely want to leave the park and take a mid-day break, my 4 year old only naps in a bed or in the car, a stroller won't work for him. I think the cool hotel room would work best. But, I'm more concerned about returning to the park so late at night, my 4 year old will probably be up, I'm sure the baby will be sleeping.

I plan on doing this plan for MK,EPCOT,and MGM.

Any suggestions would be great!!!

The parks start to get BUSY then. So, If you want to see everything, leaving at 3 is not a hot idea. A break is advised, and if you have transportation yourself, its good. If you want to use the buses, they are crowded and not always there when you need them. When my little ones ot tired, we took them to a quiet corner in a restaurant and had some iced tea and a light snack. The kids ate a bit and dozed, and were good to go. You can judge best when you get there. Have fun!

I'd get to the MK before 8 if it were me. People line up for the parades and fireworks way ahead of time. Keep in mind that it will probably take you and hour or so to get from the All Stars to the inside of the MK, with transportation, lines to get in, and then fighting the crowds on and around Main Street.

The other thought is, your 4 year old might sleep in the stroller because frankly, Disney is exhausting, especially if you have him up early for EE. ;)

It's definately do-able, but plan on more time just getting there than you might think possible.

---------------------

Living To Keep The Promise

CastleCleo.jpg

I'd get to the park early in the morning, leave at noon, have a nice lunch and nap and be back at 5. 1 to 3pm is the hottest part of the day. Just an idea.

suevee

Thanks all!!!

I think we will stay at the park to about 1p.m. and then head back to our hotel for a break. We then can come back to the park around 6p.m.

I know it sometimes is a hassle to leave because of the slow transportation, but, I think it will be worth it!

I agree with the advise to leave to park around 1pm to allow sufficient time to get back to the hotel for rest and relaxation. We follow the same process with our girls and works out great. If staying for late nite event I have even changed my daughter into PJs and tucked her in stoller with blanket so she could sleep while we enjoyed the festivities. It all depends upon how adaptable your children our. My difficulty in May will be the fact that my oldest DD, age 5, poops out before her younger sister, 2.5, does. I can see the baby going strong, while we have to tuck her older sister in the stroller- what a site that will be!

'83,'84,'88 off site
3/98 CSR
6/98 Dolphin
4/99 CSR
5/99 DL
7/99 Yacht Club
5/01 CSR

When dd was 4.5 yo we had 8:15 am PS at Cindy's and stayed until 1:30 pm. Planned on staying for the 3 pm parade but dd feel started to fall asleep around 1 pm and she REALLY wanted to go swimming instead of the parade. We had PS for 6 pm at Crystal Palace and planned on staying for 9 pm SpectroMagic Parade and the fireworks. Orginally I was dissapointed that we missed the 3 pm parade, but it turns out I was the ONLY member of the family that was disspointed. dd and dh didn't care about the parade, we'd meet SOOOOO many characters personally that the parade didn't matter. After all, we did see SpectroMagic! We had such a nice afternoon rest and swim! We were tired at the end of the day and it's VERY busy leaving the park after fireworks! Years earlier, before kids, dh and I sat and enjoyed a late night ice cream after the fireworks and Main Street Electrical Parade (YEPPERS, SEEN THEM BOTH). The crowds left and we REALLY enjoyed the late night at MK! Hope this helps! P.S. We are seeing the 3 pm MK parade next month ~ so if you miss something ~ you can see it next time!

SandraC, visit our Disney family web site www.angelfire.com/on/disneyfun
º0º
1975 - off site (11 years old),
1977 - off site (13 years old),
1987 - Indian Rock Shores (23 years old with hubby, b/f at the time),
1990 - Holiday Inn International Drive/Daytona Beach (26 years old, with hubby, six month after wedding),
1998 - KIDS VILLAGE, GIVE KIDS THE WORLD, Make-a-Wish trip with 4.5 year old daughter born ill),
2001 APRIL - CBR - ON SITE FIRST TIME! YIPPY! With dd 7 years old, ds 15 mo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter