Is this enough money

Vast majority of the items found in the park can be found on their app. You can always opt to just scan and order later, to give you a chance to think it over, vs buying then.
But heck, if you wanted a Banshee, they are more than $50.
Pandora alone has a LOT of fabulous items. I'm wearing a top I bought in Pandora today, as a matter of fact. No one but me would know that's where it's from, it's a "fashion" top, so to speak. So I guess you can't call it "clutter" since you can make it part of your general wardrobe.
Point being, your question is simply not answerable. You need to decide what YOUR budget is, and bring that. And stick to it.

I wouldn't even bring that.. but i am not the souvenir type... but of course i have kids who can double as pack mules when required... ;)

Last edited:

If something worth wile I might I just don’t ever want to forget the trip so maybe just a photo in a nice fram
In that case you want to wait till you are home.
You print out one of your favorite photos from Photopass, pick one from each park if you want. You can print them for $15 each I believe, if you don't have Memory Maker.
Then you can put them in any frame you want, from any where. Hobby Lobby often sells theirs for half price

Point being, your question is simply not answerable. You need to decide what YOUR budget is, and bring that. And stick to it

AngiTN nailed it. Maybe poke around on the Shop Disney app and see what you might be interested in and the price range, that will give you a better idea.

What I asked in the most confusing way possible with out meaning to what is the average spent on souvenirs in AK

Doesn’t matter what the average spent is. What can you afford? What do you want to spend? That’s all that matters. The average buyer might have a higher income than you do & have more money to spend. Again, you can find something to buy no matter how much or how little you have to spend. If you want artwork or clothes, $50 is probably not enough. If you want pens, magnets & pins, $50 might be enough.

Tinkerbell,
I don't mean to offend, but I think you should use punctuation in your posts to separate your thoughts. I have read several of your posts in the past and have been equally confused. Suggestions below:

50 dollars for ak tickets and meals are covered I can’t imagine what I need it for I am trying to stay clutter free
With punctuation: 50 dollars for AK? Tickets and meals are covered. I can't imagine what I need it for. I am trying to stay clutter free.
Better: If tickets and meals are paid for, is $50 enough for AK? I can't imagine what I would need it for as I am trying to not clutter my home with too many souvenirs.

What I asked in the most confusing way possible with out meaning to what is the average spent on souvenirs in AK
With punctuation: What I asked, in the most confusing way possible (without meaning to)...what is the average spent on souvenirs?
Better: What I was trying to ask is what is the average spent on souvenirs at AK? Sorry, for the confusion.

If something worth wile I might I just don’t ever want to forget the trip so maybe just a photo in a nice fram
With punctuation: If [I see] something worth while, I might [buy it]. I just don't want to forget the trip. So, maybe just a photo in a nice frame.

50 dollars for ak tickets and meals are covered I can’t imagine what I need it for I am trying to stay clutter free

So clutter free that apparently you've put away all punctuation marks . . . . It took me 5 or 6 readings to finally realize what you were asking.

But the answer to your question is it depends - you need zero if food is taken care of. All depends what you want and what your budget is. You also have credit or debit cards so you don't have to worry about anything which is a lot less clutter than cash.

(Edit: LOL - just saw poster above beat me to it!)

I usually don't buy much of anything beyond a pin with the year on it, and maybe a new mug or water bottle. I can get both of those for less than $50. If you think you might want one of the banshees that sits on your shoulder, those are about $50 (maybe 60 with tax?).

Our souvenirs usually consist of a fleece jacket or pullover which we wear on the plane back home under our rain jackets - we usually travel in December - and for the occasional night that is cold when in WDW. I always buy some soaps from Basin in Disney Springs, DH always buys Mickey socks and some polo shirts and we may buy a t-shirt or two either for us or to bring back for our nephew. Sometimes I buy perfume either from the French or Italian pavilion. Other than perfume and maybe the polo shirts, most of it is purchased at Disney Springs or in the resort shops. So we never carry more than about $10 to the parks. Only rarely do we buy snacks and most of those can be charged on a Magic Band so we spend very little in the parks other than actual meals. We sometimes carry a credit card to the parks as insurance against issues with the Magic Band if we have a dinner reservation but only on the first trip we did where they started using MBs have we had an issue so we hardly even do that anymore. Really, unless you plan to buy souvenirs or snacks, you can get away without spending anything more than for tickets and dining.

You all need to back off about punctuation and the way things are phrased. Different people have different challenges. If you can't understand it, then move on. No need to be negative.

My first thought about AK was the Banshees, which are cool at the moment, but definitely turn into clutter at home, unless you have somewhere to display it nicely. Unfortunately, they don't come with the perch, and that costs an additional $20 or $30 (I honestly don't remember, but it was more than I was willing to pay.) The Banshee itself was $60 or so, if I remember correctly. I haven't seen it since we got home, so really could have lived without it.

Bottled water and sodas are about $3 each, if you need those while walking around the park. I personally collect pins, on a very limited basis, and think they make nice souvenirs that don't take up a lot of space, or cost much. They average about $10. Another nice thing I've found in AK are little carved animals that can look nice in most decors. They are only about 3" high and nice quality. I don't remember how much we paid for ours, but it wasn't too much.

In my opinion, if you don't want a Banshee, $50 is enough for a few drinks and a small souvenir or two.

That should be more than enough...not to mention if you see something you want there and don’t have the money for it at that moment, chances are you’ll see it again somewhere else on property or you can order it online.

I think, if I try to remember the various posts she’s had over the last while, this is their only day in the parks.

If you’re trying to get a frame and a photo at and from Disney they will be more than $50.

The only person that matters here is YOU. What sort of souvenir do you like? What will bring back the feeling of the trip? Do you tend to forget trips? (I have a friend with memory issues so this isn’t a snarky question). If so, what helps you remember?

I love keychains (that I don’t use with keys bc that scratches them) and magnets. Others wouldn’t like that. And frankly my fridge is filling up with magnets. :)

If you like clothing, that’ll likely need more than $50.

But you live in FL, right? So you do have a relatively easy time to get back, even if you just go to Disney Springs, to get souvenirs.

The last time we went to AK . . shirts for nearly everyone, a hat for me because I was tired of putting sun screen on the back of my neck, and a banshee for my son, because he just had to have it, it's so cute (I don't think I've ever seen him put it on his shoulder lol), plus drinks throughout the day. I don't recall an exact total, but had to be around $120 for the shirts, probably $40 for the hat, another $50 or so for the banshee, plus the stand for it, don't even recall what that cost me. I have to say we were in for close to $300, and then had to pay for our food. AK was probably a $500 day for us . . . . I'm almost sorry I figured that out hahahaha.

Hi Tinkerbellandeey,
As pp's have said its personal to you and what you can afford or what you want to spend. Personally we take $45pp per day just for gifts and souvenirs,(the length of our holiday on average is 18 days) and we usually end up with money left over at the end of our holiday.

If you are looking to buy just a frame from Animal Kingdom then $50 is plenty. If you don't want to spend extra on a photo taken by the Disney photographer, take your camera with you, I'm sure someone will stop and take a photo for you.

As an afterthought another souvenir that won't take up to much space is a Disney cookbook. We enjoy cooking meals we have eaten at Disney, and brings back great memories.

Last edited:
OP, I think your idea of a photo and frame as your souvenir are so lovely! I just did a quick search, and there is a frame on the ShopDisney site for $22.99 if you wanted to purchase one before or after your trip. https://www.shopdisney.com/disneys-...rect=true&rsize=1&rquery=animal kingdom frame

There are similar ones on the ShopDisney Parks app in the $25 - $30 range, so, with $50, you would definitely have enough for an AK frame from one of the AK gift shops.

OP, I think your idea of a photo and frame as your souvenir are so lovely! I just did a quick search, and there is a frame on the ShopDisney site for $22.99 if you wanted to purchase one before or after your trip. https://www.shopdisney.com/disneys-animal-kingdom-photo-frame-4-x-6-1399702?splat=&captures=&redirect=true&rsize=1&rquery=animal kingdom frame

There are similar ones on the ShopDisney Parks app in the $25 - $30 range, so, with $50, you would definitely have enough for an AK frame from one of the AK gift shops.

Thank you

I think $50 is enough in case something catches your eye and you would like a snack here or there. I've stopped buying a lot of souvenirs, but every now and then I spot something that will be useful as well as be a nice Disney memory.

As an afterthought another souvenir that won't take up to much space is a Disney cookbook. We enjoy cooking meals we have eaten at Disney, and brings back great memories.

Such a good idea! This one goes onto my little list of tips and tricks now ::yes::.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter