Is this enough money to take?

What do you think if we stayed at our hotel on Easter and spent the day at the beach, that way we can still do Easter baskets in our rooms??

And then move our Dl days to the end of the week, Thurs and Fri.

There will be 3 more kids w/ us all boys ages 5,4,3.

The further away from Easter you are at DL - I think the better off you'll be as long as there isn't any reason you wanted to be there that day! :flower:

Jager_mom said:
What do you think if we stayed at our hotel on Easter and spent the day at the beach, that way we can still do Easter baskets in our rooms??

And then move our Dl days to the end of the week, Thurs and Fri.

There will be 3 more kids w/ us all boys ages 5,4,3.

Generally, I think that would be a great idea planning wise, particularly with the younger kids. But I would still recommend the overnight (in your scenario, Thursday night) at DL for the one night. Having 5 kids under 5 and expecting them all to do DL commando style is asking for trouble, big time. Unhappy kids, who will most likely be very nasty by the end of day 1, and positively vicious by day 2. MIL will wonder what's wrong with you as parents that you can't control your children during something that should be so "fun" for them, and you'll want a strong drink by about mid-day on day 2! (Even if you don't drink at all! :earseek: )
Even if your MIL is doing so much for you and the rest of the family for this vacation, you are expending a chunk of change yourself. I would seriously look for some compromise on this one, you don't want to spend all that money and have your children's experience to be negative.

I couldn't agree more about trying to stay near DL for at least 1 night. The drive you're considering doesn't seem long, but it eats a big hunk out of your day. So does parking the car and taking the tram.

If you're going near Easter/spring break, the parks are busy and open late. A midday nap or swim or both is really reviving and necessary. Not only will the kids need naps/rest, the adults will too!

When we recently went to DL the grandparents asked "what are we supposed to do while you nap?" I told them they'd need a nap too. Turns out they did and GRandpa was the first one asleep every time.

I agree with others -- you have to plan your vacation with your immediate family and your own sanity in mind. If that means separating from the rest of the family for a day or night, then so be it.

Good luck and have fun!

Jager_mom said:
I thought about staying a few nights ay the Candy Cane Inn while we are at DL but when I ran it cross my MIl (mother in law) she got snotty and said then it would be a waste of her time share credits for the days that we are not there and also we have 6 other family members that would have to get hotels and they werent planning on putting that in to their budget.

We are staying in Oceanside so that we will be right in between San Diego and Dl.

My husband and mil dont seem to mind the drive back and forth.

We will be renting a mini van and splitting the cost and gas with everyone that goes w/us.
my wife has a big family and I have had this happen to me in the past, You have to remember the fact that this is YOUR vacation and you choose how you are going to spend it. You have a small child that, even though may seem like the energizer bunny, is going to get tired and need a break and a nap. You would be better off spending a night or two close to D.L, then travelling an hour or more in traffic.
Your MIL doesn't have to like it, but it is your vacation so choose how you would like to spend it.
I hope you have a good trip and live the magic :wave2:

Zoemakes5 said:
Generally, I think that would be a great idea planning wise, particularly with the younger kids. But I would still recommend the overnight (in your scenario, Thursday night) at DL for the one night. Having 5 kids under 5 and expecting them all to do DL commando style is asking for trouble, big time. Unhappy kids, who will most likely be very nasty by the end of day 1, and positively vicious by day 2. MIL will wonder what's wrong with you as parents that you can't control your children during something that should be so "fun" for them, and you'll want a strong drink by about mid-day on day 2! (Even if you don't drink at all! :earseek: )
Even if your MIL is doing so much for you and the rest of the family for this vacation, you are expending a chunk of change yourself. I would seriously look for some compromise on this one, you don't want to spend all that money and have your children's experience to be negative.

I totally agree. Even if your are not at DL on Easter Day, it is going to be spring break time, the parks will be crowded, and your children will be so exhausted that they do not have fun! Your experience will be enhanced a zillion, zillion times if you spend the night nearby. And, you seem to have plenty of money to do this; my family of three needs about 100-125 dollars per day at the most for food and souveniers, after we've paid for hotel and park admission.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter