Is this doable in October?

Wes1stTrip2016

DIS Veteran
Dinner at Trails End at 5:15pm (ADR), then Chip & Dales sing-along then (back to where - the beach?) to see MK's fireworks?

OR would you go to the movie and skip trying to get back to see the fireworks.

OR would you do both given enough time?

What are the logistics - we are most likely driving from Pop to FW. We MAY bus to MK then boat to FW, just not sure on how much time we will have as this will be on our arrival day.

THANKS!!

Well, I believe October would be an earlier start time to the sing along and movie. In the fall it drops to an hour earlier as it gets darker earlier. From TE you will need to take the internal bus to the 1400 loop, and there is a short trail over to the campfire. The walk is about 25 mins from TE to the campfire area. And it would depend on when the fireworks are scheduled ? If it is a MNSSHP they are different schedule than the regular fireworks.

Once you arrive at the Fort you will have to park in the overflow lot and take an internal bus to TE, as it is at the other end of the campground, and there is no car parking. I would allow 1.5 hours to go from POP to TE, it means if all goes right you might be early, but there is a playground right there and the beach is very close, and there is a store just over from TE. The barns are also behind TE if you are early, go see the horses.

The time does change in the fall, PaHunter, but not before the first of November. Generally the times change when the clocks move; in the past it's been on THE day clocks change or either on the first of that month (November and March).

Wes1stTrip2016, a 515pm ADR is still kinda early if you want to be at the 8pm Campfire Singalong (the time in October) and wraps up when the movie starts at 840pm. That's cutting it kinda tight to get to the beach at the Fort for the fireworks which run a little after 9pm. You may have to leave the campfire a few minutes early.

Keep in mind the Happily Ever After 9pm fireworks don't go off when the MK has the Mickey's Not So Scary nights (there are many of them in October).

Driving from POP or bus to MK-depends on if you want to enjoy the boat ride to/from MK. If you drive and park in the main FW lot, any of the 3 internal bus lines at the Outpost bus stop (purple, yellow, orange) will get you down to the Settlement bus stop that serves Trails End (the three take different routes through the Fort but start/stop at the same endpoints). If it's a nice weather night, I would suggest the MK/boat combo.

Enjoy it.

PS - or keep the ADR time and come a little early to walk through the horse barn near the Settlement bus stop to see the horses that work on Main Street. And the ponies in the coral in front of it that give the pony rides. They close up around supper time but don't know the exact time. But seeing your son? in your avatar, he might enjoy the horses/ponies.

The time does change in the fall, PaHunter, but not before the first of November. Generally the times change when the clocks move; in the past it's been on THE day clocks change or either on the first of that month (November and March).

Wes1stTrip2016, a 515pm ADR is still kinda early if you want to be at the 8pm Campfire Singalong (the time in October) and wraps up when the movie starts at 840pm. That's cutting it kinda tight to get to the beach at the Fort for the fireworks which run a little after 9pm. You may have to leave the campfire a few minutes early.

Keep in mind the Happily Ever After 9pm fireworks don't go off when the MK has the Mickey's Not So Scary nights (there are many of them in October).

Driving from POP or bus to MK-depends on if you want to enjoy the boat ride to/from MK. If you drive and park in the main FW lot, any of the 3 internal bus lines at the Outpost bus stop (purple, yellow, orange) will get you down to the Settlement bus stop that serves Trails End (the three take different routes through the Fort but start/stop at the same endpoints). If it's a nice weather night, I would suggest the MK/boat combo.

Enjoy it.

PS - or keep the ADR time and come a little early to walk through the horse barn near the Settlement bus stop to see the horses that work on Main Street. And the ponies in the coral in front of it that give the pony rides. They close up around supper time but don't know the exact time. But seeing your son? in your avatar, he might enjoy the horses/ponies.

Based on you sounding very confident that the time change from 8pm to 7pm will not occur until November - I am going to make my ADR a bit later - which gives us a little more breathing room on our arrival day as well.

Thanks for all the great info!!

Per the Rusty Scupper - amazing what I can find when I search! =)

March-1 thru October-31
. . . Fire lighting with Chip-n-Dale at 7:30pm nightly
. . . Sing-a-long starts at 8:00pm nightly
. . . Movie starts at 8:40pm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter