Is this a good idea for 1 yo DD

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
DH and I are taking DD in Oct, when she will be 1 yo, to WDW. We have been before, but this will be her first visit. She is good tempered most of the time, but is best in the mornings. I was thinking of doing EE mornings with her, with a quick bkfast in the room before the park (or a character bkfast in the park around 10:30), then taking it easy for the rest of the day, until evening. We could stroll the park, go back to the room, shopping, etc, then pick a park for the fireworks or night shows. Whether we will go back to the room for a break depends on how overwhelmed she is, and if she will nap in the stroller. We will do everything at her pace, but I want to do EE to make sure she can do everything at MK in Fantasyland at least 1X each, and the Muppets in MGM, etc, without encountering the worst of the crowds every day. Does this sound like a good approach, or will it just serve to get her cranky by mid day?

Hi Frann!

It sounds like you have thought this out very well.Since your DD is a morning person it sounds like a terrific plan! :)

Whether we will go back to the room for a break depends on how overwhelmed she is, and if she will nap in the stroller. We will do everything at her pace

I like what you said! This is a very good way to think during your trip to ensure y'all have a wonderful time!!

Don't worry about seeing everything, in October the crowds are low, you will be amazed how many attractions you can do when there are no lines.

We did the same thing with our 1 yo (and 3 yo) in October. As another poster mentioned, the crowds are low, so you should be able to do everything you want to do. I would definitely do EE since your dd is a morning person anyway. Our 1 yo is also easy going, and he would just sleep in the stroller when he needed to. We went back to the hotel for afternoon naps, but morning naps were taken in the stroller. He was great at night too. Most nights, we tried to have the kids in bed close to their normal bedtimes, but we did stay out "late" some nights. He would just sleep in the stroller if he got tired. You might want to bring PJs for her and change her into them if you're at a park in the evening. Then, if she falls asleep in the stroller, bus, car, etc. she'll already be ready for bed. Also, the Baby Care Centers in the parks are great!

Have a wonderful trip!

Sounds like you'll be in perfect shape planning for EE. We just got back from an 8-night trip where our DD turned 1 as well. The key definitely is to keep to their schedules! Our DD usually tends to wake up a little later (usually 8 or 8:30), then takes only 1 nap, about 2-3 hours after she wakes up and for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours. And we found out on day 1 that she would NOT take it in the stroller. We found that doing breakfast, then going to the pool (we stayed at the BCV, so she loved SAB playing with the buckets of sand, etc.), then letting her take her nap as usual in the room worked best. Then we went to the park when she was up (not until 1:30 or 2:00 in the afternoon), which seemed like a "waste" of 1/2 a day, in a way, but made for a very happy, engaged baby! We also had her back in the room for 8:30 "night-nights" because there was NO way she was going to sleep in the stroller, either for naps or at night. Just follow her schedule, her cues, etc., and you'll be fine. Like us, you mentioned you'd been there before, so if you don't see any fireworks, etc. (we didn't), then there'll always be next time!

Have fun!

Sounds like you will be just fine. We just returned from WDW 2 weeks ago :( and my DS was almost 3 and my DD was 11 months. ) She did very well even though it was soooo hot! She went on every ride that we could take her on. some of them are very loud though. I never noticed it before we had kids but the volume is way up there. We did Epcot our very first day and the first ride we went on was Journey into your Imagination. I had seen it when Dreamfinder and Figment were in it(tame) but the newer version was dark and loud. She screammed through the WHOLE thing....especially when the skunk smell came blasting out at us. I felt like such an awful mother! Poor baby! I would also avoid "The Ball" because that one is pretty dak/loud too. MY DS loved it though. Interestingly she didn't make a peep in the Haunted Mansion....go figure!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter