Is there more room if you put the twins into a king? Or more room if you leave them separated?

Princess Katelet

Mouseketeer
It seems like there might be more room if we have the twin beds made into one large king, vs. keeping them as separate twins but having never been in the room I just don't know. Will we walk into the room to find them separate? And if we want them put together you have to tell your steward? We are a mom and two daughters so it doesn't matter, I just want the most floor room possible as well as the most practical layout. We have a pullman above the sofa bed which is next to the balcony so we won't have to worry about having the sofa bed pulled out and in the way, thank goodness!

It seems like there might be more room if we have the twin beds made into one large king, vs. keeping them as separate twins but having never been in the room I just don't know. Will we walk into the room to find them separate? And if we want them put together you have to tell your steward? We are a mom and two daughters so it doesn't matter, I just want the most floor room possible as well as the most practical layout. We have a pullman above the sofa bed which is next to the balcony so we won't have to worry about having the sofa bed pulled out and in the way, thank goodness!
If it is not the way you want it when you get to your room, just tell your steward and they will change it.
Denise

In theory you’d have more space with the beds put together as a king, as the central “aisle” between the two would shift to the outside. Is it more practical? I suppose that depends on how well you sleep together. If one of you tosses and turns a lot, separate beds might make more sense.

There really isn't a difference in the amount of room whichever way the beds are arranged. The beds individually or together still occupy the same total area. Its more a question of the flow of traffic around the beds.

We always get an inside room....and for the separate are better, otherwise it is hard to get out of the king and go to the bathroom or whatever.
Right next to the couch on one side and the dresser sticks out on the other. DH fell down once and I struggled, so we now ask for separate.

But exterior is different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!