Is there any shade for Jedi Training?

ExcitedMama

DIS Veteran
We haven’t done Jedi Training since they changed it with the new sign ups for kids in advance. It looks like there’s a new waiting area for parents. Is any of it in the shade now? It’s looking like it will be hot when we are there so if there’s no shade I think I will need to try for early or late sign ups.

I'm not sure what you mean by the waiting area, but generally speaking, I believe the area where the kids wait is partially shaded. However, I think that also depends on the time of day and where the sun is.

When are you going? Yes, it's been unusually humid here. Not sure why but I hope it passes soon. Hope you have a great time!

We are going 7/30-8/2. I think there is now a parent waiting/viewing area. Not sure if the kids have shade while waiting in their robes or if there is any shade for the parents?

We are going 7/30-8/2. I think there is now a parent waiting/viewing area. Not sure if the kids have shade while waiting in their robes or if there is any shade for the parents?

Gotcha. Before kids are brought over to Galactic Grill plaza, the place where the training is actually conducted, I believe they're inside Star Wars Launch Bay, the building that was formerly Innoventions. Once they're taken outside to the Galactic Grill plaza, I believe it's mostly shaded but, again, shade is largely a function of time of day/position of the sun... as I recall.

The kids are under cover for the pre-show pictures & robes, but they are not inside.

The 11:35am show had the back part of the parent sitting area in shade. (Parents sit on the ground.) The earlier show had no shade for parents.

They will hand out less tickets if it is incredibly hot. We were there on a day that it got up to 114 degrees and there were significantly fewer children than when we did Jedi Training back in February.

The kids are under cover for the pre-show pictures & robes, but they are not inside.

The 11:35am show had the back part of the parent sitting area in shade. (Parents sit on the ground.) The earlier show had no shade for parents.
This was our basic experience last month as well.

So we have done the training in WDW and the age limit was 12, is it the same?
Also does sign up go quick? Would we be able to catch a couple of rides before heading over to sign up?
Thanks

So we have done the training in WDW and the age limit was 12, is it the same?
Also does sign up go quick? Would we be able to catch a couple of rides before heading over to sign up?
Thanks
Yeah, it’s 4-12.

The sign-ups vary (some days they go fast; other days we’ve wandered over hours after the park opens and seen slots), but if you’re not picky about your showtime, you could probably catch a couple of rides first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!