Is there any chance that SWGE will be open 24 hours?

Everyone has different points of view on things. It's what makes our world so wonderful.
I love being there and experiencing the vibe and energy on opening day. We did it for the opening of NFL at MK and for the opening of Pandora at AK. I will be there for the opening of GE too
Yes, the lands are there on other days but the energy and vibe of opening day is not. Maybe it's just something you get or something you don't?

The only comparison I can give is you can never get the feeling again that you have when you see something again for the very first time. The feeling on opening day is only there on opening day. It just amps up the excitement to 11

Everyone has different points of view on things. It's what makes our world so wonderful.
I love being there and experiencing the vibe and energy on opening day. We did it for the opening of NFL at MK and for the opening of Pandora at AK. I will be there for the opening of GE too
Yes, the lands are there on other days but the energy and vibe of opening day is not. Maybe it's just something you get or something you don't?

Pretty much how I view it too - either you get the rush of that moment or you don't - we fall into the latter but I know plenty of people who fall into the former! To me it's just fascinating, as an armchair student of psychology, how the differing mindsets work.

I find this mentality fascinating....because SURE anytime something new opens at the parks there's a limited time when it's the NEW shiny....but it isn't like SWGE is a limited setup. The land will be just as compelling and amazing 2 years from now as it is now. Pandora was just as breathtaking for me last year as it was the first time I saw it 2 years before. Sure, I get the desire to be among the first to experience something, especially something with as much history as SW. Hubby and I are deeply embedded SW fans. We happened to be among those who had already booked August vacations and opening will land smack in the middle of our already-planned trip. But we're on the fence about whether we want to try and experience it NOW, or whether we prefer to wait a few years and go back once things have settled down - not because we aren't HUGE fans, but we don't experience the same urgency others do around being first to see it.

You could be hit by a bus tomorrow. A meteor may strike the earth. Gather ye rosebuds — and ye rides on Smuggler’s Run — whilst ye may.

Doubtful as they have to pay CMs and SWGE is not really going to bring that much more money until the hotel opens.

I find this mentality fascinating....because SURE anytime something new opens at the parks there's a limited time when it's the NEW shiny....but it isn't like SWGE is a limited setup. The land will be just as compelling and amazing 2 years from now as it is now. Pandora was just as breathtaking for me last year as it was the first time I saw it 2 years before. Sure, I get the desire to be among the first to experience something, especially something with as much history as SW. Hubby and I are deeply embedded SW fans. We happened to be among those who had already booked August vacations and opening will land smack in the middle of our already-planned trip. But we're on the fence about whether we want to try and experience it NOW, or whether we prefer to wait a few years and go back once things have settled down - not because we aren't HUGE fans, but we don't experience the same urgency others do around being first to see it.

If you don't go when it opens, you'll miss out on the "new droid" smell.

I wish I could go sooner than 3 months in before people have the chance to ruin the place. We made it to TSL less than 3 months after open and there was already damage and vandalism in the TSMM queue.

Doubtful as they have to pay CMs and SWGE is not really going to bring that much more money until the hotel opens.

The hotel is going to be less than 100 rooms, and from what has been reported will be handled more like a cruise ship (set number of days stay, where you spend your time at the hotel fully immersed in the storyline of the "ship") so if that holds true, the hotel will have little impact on the land itself in terms of guests visiting.

The hotel is going to be less than 100 rooms, and from what has been reported will be handled more like a cruise ship (set number of days stay, where you spend your time at the hotel fully immersed in the storyline of the "ship") so if that holds true, the hotel will have little impact on the land itself in terms of guests visiting.

Okay, THAT makes sense. I was not aware of that, but that also makes sense as to why the expectation of the pricing is crazy high!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter