Is there any advantage of one all star vs the other?

Ashleybritton

Mouseketeer
Sports, movies, and music are all the same price. Pop Century is $100 more. Is there any advantage of one vs the other? Pop has the skyliner although it freaks me out a bit.

I've stayed at All Stars several times off-season (Jan/Feb) in the last 3 years and never had to share buses, though I am told this has happened.

We havent stayed yet (have a stay at Music booked for September), but I've read that they typically dont share buses, but if they do its Sports, Music, Movies.

We've had afternoon rides that share. Sports is first pick-up/drop-off simply because it's the first one along W. Buena Vista Drive (as Calee noted). Although Sports hasn't been completely renovated, one thing I liked about it is that the area seemed much smaller than Music or Movies. I liked all of them but found the walk to the lobby much shorter at Sports despite being on the outer (cheaper) area. Music and Sports are very close to each other.

The only time I’ve witnessed them sharing busses is in the middle of the afternoon. I would definitely go for movies or possibly music depending on when you’re going for a renovated room. The old rooms that still make up all of the rooms at sports and some at music have two full size beds. The new ones have queen size beds and generally look pretty nice.

The only time I’ve witnessed them sharing busses is in the middle of the afternoon. I would definitely go for movies or possibly music depending on when you’re going for a renovated room. The old rooms that still make up all of the rooms at sports and some at music have two full size beds. The new ones have queen size beds and generally look pretty nice.
This is soooo true, AND the bathroom reno is super: pocket door rather than one where you had to straddle the loo to close the door. Since I'm usually by myself, it doesn't matter so much, but the renovated rooms both look great and ARE great (no carpets, bigger tv, many USB ports, coffee maker cabinet/bigger fridge combo (although the coffee?--I bring my own keurig because I can), clothes closet (of sorts).

IF you share, then ASSports is the first pick up /drop off in most cases.

The layout of Music is sort of awkward and can lead to some long walks. We like the layout of Sports better, but we like the theme better at Music. We haven't experienced bus sharing where it would deter me from staying at any of the three, as in even during sharing situations everyone had a seat. I would pick one with renovated rooms, they look awesome.

Bus sharing only happens at slow times, unlike the monorail resorts which share all the time and are further apart from one another (Contemporary shares with Wilderness Lodge, Poly with the GF). Yes, I know you don't need buses to get everywhere from those resorts but I found that sharing far more inconvenient than the sharing at All Stars.

Movies is fully renovated, Music is being renovated now (no guarantee you’ll get a renovated room but can request one), Sports renovations haven’t started.

Personally I’d pay the extra for Pop for the Skyliner. I swore I wouldn’t ride it but did and loved it! So convenient to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts