Is there a WDW hotel room big enough to show a movie to a family of 7?

askias

Earning My Ears
I'm organizing a multi-generational trip next year to WDW for Galaxy's Edge, and one of the requests has been to have a movie night in someone's room each night. Presumably the first night will be Star Wars! Anyway, it's hard to tell from the room pictures whether there is enough space to accommodate all 7 around a standard size screen in the living room. There are at least two grandmas in this scenario, so they need the couch or room to stretch out. Anyway, if anyone else has run up against this and has a thought, I'd appreciate the advice. Thanks!

I can't answer your question but I just wanted to say that I think that is a really cool idea. Great bonding time on the nights you need to chill at the resort. Have fun!!

Thank you! Ideally, I'd have a suite with a couple of sofas, and some comfy armchairs. The kids could do sleeping bags on the floor. But like I said, it's hard to tell not being there, and Disney has so many different types of accommodations, it's hard to tell what works and what doesn't without experience.

I have a family of 6 so we have to stay in a villa. This will be our first time going with the family being this big. As far as I can tell in the photos I would think the villa would accommodate a group like you are describing, especially if the little ones will hang on the floor.

I don't think any Disney unit contains "a couple of" sofas in the living room. Most of the two-bedroom lockoffs do have a sofa in the living room, and another one in the connected studio - but I think you're not allowed to move them.

I would look into the CR Hospitality Suite which is located in the garden wing of the resort. The living room is ENORMOUS and could more than accommodate your group. It also comes with club lounge access and actually sleeps 7, but it has a lot of pull-outs, so I don't know if that would work with your group. When we stayed there last November, we booked the Hospitality Suite plus one additional regular room in the garden wing to accommodate our group. It was really nice!

You can also call the Swan/Dolphin and inquire about their grand and executive suites which can be booked as 1- or 2-bedroom configurations (the 2-bedroom would fit your entire group if you wanted to all stay together). The living room in those suites is also very large and, it's not unheard of to get a good deal on the suite. We stayed in the Dolphin 2-bedroom grand suite in March and the price per night was about what we would have paid for a regular standard room at one of the monorail resorts! We were there during March madness and had a blast camping out in the living room to watch the games. Just know, with Swan/Dolphin, you would not get Magical Express or 180+10 ADR's, but you would still get EMH and 60 day window FP+ booking.

A DVC 2 bedroom can accommodate 7 people. How comfortable you be around the living tv probably depends on the resort. I think BLT could be a good option since it has three bathroom.

You could also look into a Grand Villa which would sleep 12 and have much more space.

I would check out Old Key West one or two bedroom villas. The living room has a sofa , loveseat and large chair. Its a large space that can easily accommodate eight people.

We stayed in a 2 bdrm at OKW and that was my first thought. That great room is big enough to accomodate a fleet. Between the twin sleeper, the sleep sofa and the love seat there is plenty of room.

I'm organizing a multi-generational trip next year to WDW for Galaxy's Edge, and one of the requests has been to have a movie night in someone's room each night. Presumably the first night will be Star Wars! Anyway, it's hard to tell from the room pictures whether there is enough space to accommodate all 7 around a standard size screen in the living room. There are at least two grandmas in this scenario, so they need the couch or room to stretch out. Anyway, if anyone else has run up against this and has a thought, I'd appreciate the advice. Thanks!

I'm thinking back to our BWI deluxe room and how it had a couch (that could convert to bed), a chair, and 2 queen beds. There were 2 very large TV's and maybe one of them could swivel so everyone could watch the same one.
0142608475531a3198e4a6b5e1a78368a931845c5a-jpg.180174

Then the other part of your party could just stay in a regular BWI room. This picture really does not show just how long the room actually is cause it only shows a corner of one of the queen beds. Picture 2 queen beds and also the entryway with bathroom added to this picture.

I know there are lots of other ideas, but I just wanted to post about this particular room type since we've stayed in it and I think it might work for your movie nights.

I just glanced at the posts above and now I'm not sure and maybe I misunderstood if you meant for your whole party of 7 to actually stay in one room? I was thinking you meant to just gather in one room at night. Sorry if I misunderstood! This BWI deluxe room will not sleep 7, but I believe it's large enough to hold you guys for movie nights. :)

Most not bookable unless you call suites at the deluxe resorts. DVC Grand Villas some are bigger than others but most will do... or the more realistic 1 or 2 bedroom DVC (they all are) rooms at Old Key West the living room is VERY big also open to a dinning room and Kitchen behind the TV but the Dining chairs can easily be moved to accommodate those who are not on the Sofas or chairs.... Grandmas will love OKW as a bonus but I also like it.

Thank you all so much for your replies, I really appreciate it! I love the Dolphin 2 bedroom grand suite, and that would put us in walking distance to DHS. The big downside is losing Magical Express. I have one group coming in at 12 (East Coasters), one group at 3 (Midwest) and one group at 5 (West). Using Magical Express would give me a foolproof way of managing their arrival, although I could just say, catch a cab/Uber/Lyft to the Dolphin - I need to think more on that.

Everyone is getting their own room, I'm just the host and coordinator. I just thought it would be a cool idea to get a bigger place, where I could invite everyone to come and enjoy snacks, movies, drinks, etc, and kind of function as our own personal Club Level. I love that Hospitality Suite at the Contemporary Resort, that would be the winner if it's not cost prohibitive. Thank you all for the suggestions!

I love that Hospitality Suite at the Contemporary Resort, that would be the winner if it's not cost prohibitive. Thank you all for the suggestions!

If you ever feel like reporting back on the cost of those various rooms you check it would be interesting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter