Is there a way to know when parks are close to closing for capacity?

skiergirl4

Mouseketeer
We’re traveling to Universal in a few days and I’m concerned about the parks closing for capacity. We might like to go back to our hotel for a break during the day, but I’m not sure I’d feel comfortable doing that with the risk of not being able to get back in if the park reaches capacity while we’re out.

Is there a way (maybe in the app?) to see how close to capacity each park is?
I’d appreciate any wisdom you have.

This is our first time at Universal and we are excited, but a little concerned about this issue.
Thank you!

no. They put signs out front when they reach capacity. there is typically a tweet and/or instagram post announcing it as well. If you are staying at a Universal Hotel, you have priority for re-admission. They will not tell you outright that you are guaranteed to get back in, but typically, capacity is reached earlier in the day (by lunch time) and if you are trying to get back in later in the day, it might not be as much as a problem. It has only reached capacity on Saturdays or holiday weekends though. It might be an issue if you are coming over THanksgiving weekend though.

Yeah I have a redeye flight that lands at 6:33 AM on December 29th when the parks open at 8, and I don’t dare take a nap (I’m staying off site)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter