Is there a February 2019 Car Rental thread?

I’m looking for a small suv, with Alamo, from Feb 24-March 3. Pick up at the Dolphin, drop off at MCO. I have a reservation for $300. Hope to get that down a bit.

For Costco members- try booking through alamo.com and use coupon code AD3868JST ($25 off) and corporate code 7014627 (the costco code). Going 2/3-2/7 and found midsize for $141

Sorry about the typo!

Last edited:
For Costco members- try booking through alamo.com and use coupon code AS3868JST ($25 off) and corporate code 7014627 (the costco code). Going 2/3-2/7 and found midsize for $141

Lower if you use the passholder code if you’re a Disney passholder.

For Costco members- try booking through alamo.com and use coupon code AS3868JST ($25 off) and corporate code 7014627 (the costco code). Going 2/3-2/7 and found midsize for $141

Got coupon ID not found message. When I removed the coupon the rate was $412 for my dates as opposed to the $290 I have through the Costco site.

Got coupon ID not found message. When I removed the coupon the rate was $412 for my dates as opposed to the $290 I have through the Costco site.

I think that’s a typo. That coupon should be AD3868JST

I booked through Dollar and got a mid-size SUV, February 23rd-March 2nd for $270 total. I checked yesterday and prices were crazy! Glad I booked when I did.

For Costco members- try booking through alamo.com and use coupon code AD3868JST ($25 off) and corporate code 7014627 (the costco code). Going 2/3-2/7 and found midsize for $141

Sorry about the typo!

I couldn't get the coupon code to work either. Bummer. I just need 2/24-2/26 pick up MCO and drop off Dolphin. Seeing $300 for something big enough for 4 people and 3 suitcases. Unless I want a pick up truck. Apparently a lot of those in stock for cheaper.

I’ve been checking almost daily since the fall and unfortunately, the feb prices aren’t great anywhere. In November of 2016 and 2017, I got a ten day full size rental for $100! Now, looking at a full size for only a week in feb and there’s nothing much less than $300.

I’ve been checking almost daily since the fall and unfortunately, the feb prices aren’t great anywhere. In November of 2016 and 2017, I got a ten day full size rental for $100! Now, looking at a full size for only a week in feb and there’s nothing much less than $300.

Guess February is no longer cheap season, huh?

Got an email this morning from Alamo with last minute deals. My 2 week midsize rental for $424.80 has now been upgraded to a Standard for $421.02

As usual, prices are dropping as date of trip approaches.
My dates are 2/6 to 2/10. On 1/25, Midsize at Dollar was $205. Yesterday was $150. Today is $121.
Keep checking your rate as dates approach, especially in last two weeks before your dates.

Ugh. I leave in 3 days and my rate has only gone up. Glad I booked weeks ago. I’ll keep watching, but we leave on feb 3rd.

Going 2/3-2/7. Checked on Costco and can get a midsize through Budget for $103. I've only rented from Alamo at MCO. Any feedback on Budget?

I'm checking daily, my rate is holding steady. Hopefully it will go down a bit as I get closer....renting on 2/24!!!

Going 2/3-2/7. Checked on Costco and can get a midsize through Budget for $103. I've only rented from Alamo at MCO. Any feedback on Budget?

Are you planning to use the electronic tolls? Budget charges you $5 a day up to $20 even if you only use the toll transponder one day.

I had a very long wait (like an hour when there was only 1 person in front of me) at the counter once at MCO picking up a rental car. Can you join fastbreak and skip the counter? I always skip the counter with Alamo there.

I have used Budget and am in a few weeks but I am picking up at a hotel near Universal. It was so much less than Alamo that I am going to save even with the toll transponder fee. My rate dropped a while ago but is now higher again.

I have looked a few times for feb 16 to February 20. Saw nothing good so booked nothing. Today I decided I should pick something. For budget I got a focus prepaid for $198. There was a budget coupon $25 off if over $175.
If I cancel, it costs $50 if cheaper I can modify and get $ back.

Just brought my rental down $50, but I do have to go to MCO to get the car. Not an issue...I'll just pick up my dh vs him taking DME.

As usual, prices are dropping as date of trip approaches.
My dates are 2/6 to 2/10. On 1/25, Midsize at Dollar was $205. Yesterday was $150. Today is $121.
Keep checking your rate as dates approach, especially in last two weeks before your dates.

The quote above is also from me.
On 2/3 (just 3 days before my 4 day trip) the rate dropped to $101 (for Dollar, Midsize, Pre-pay). I rebooked. Cancelled previous reservation. Today (2/4) the rate is back up to $155.

Point is, rates fluctuate unpredictably, frequently, wildly. Check often, if the savings is important to you.

Mine finally dropped after holding steadyat $250ish. It is still wayyyyyy too expensive for a midsize. Feb 16-23 Alamo with Costo is $229 passholder discount is $230 plus $30 off coupon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter