Is there a "best" night to go to Pleasure Island?

marriedmarylander

DIS Veteran
As far as day of the week goes? Unlike the parks, I like going to nightclubs when they are crowded. If no one is there it's no fun. What nights are more lively than others? I was thinking Fri or Sat but seeing it's a tourist location maybe any night is good?

I think this depends. I like it a little more crowded, so that I am not the only one dancing in the middle of the floor :dancer: :)

We usually go on a Tues or Wed. Helps break up our week. This year we will be going on Sunday and probably Thursday. I think the CMs get in free on Thurs though, so it might be crowded.

marriedmarylander said:
As far as day of the week goes? Unlike the parks, I like going to nightclubs when they are crowded. If no one is there it's no fun. What nights are more lively than others? I was thinking Fri or Sat but seeing it's a tourist location maybe any night is good?

I like it crowded, too. Saturdays have seemed livelier than Fridays lately for me. The big mid-week nights are Monday and Thursday, which are cast member nights. (And can be a lot of fun, depending.)

"Crowded" can be deceptive... sometimes the street can look empty but you can barely get to to the bar at AC. Depends on weather, which conventions are in town, all kinds of hard to predict stuff. When are you going?

I prefer weeknights, for lower crowds. I only ever go to the Adventurer's Club (usually a few hours every night of my trip) and so I prefer lower crowds.

One weeknight is the CM night though. I forget which one.

EsmeraldaX said:
One weeknight is the CM night though. I forget which one.

Thursdays are CM nights at PI. Tuesdays are CM night at Jellyrolls. Both places tend to be crowded and lively on these respective nights. :)

I would say Thurs. Its usually a big going out no matter where you are and the fact that CM's get in free that night makes it all teh better!

cityofweasels said:
I like it crowded, too. Saturdays have seemed livelier than Fridays lately for me. The big mid-week nights are Monday and Thursday, which are cast member nights. (And can be a lot of fun, depending.)

"Crowded" can be deceptive... sometimes the street can look empty but you can barely get to to the bar at AC. Depends on weather, which conventions are in town, all kinds of hard to predict stuff. When are you going?

We are going from May 16-22 (Mon-Sun). I think it would be nice to put PI either in the middle or towards the end of the trip, so if Thurs and the weekends are good that's perfect.

Now, it's just a matter of arranging the itinerary :)

marriedmarylander said:
We are going from May 16-22 (Mon-Sun). I think it would be nice to put PI either in the middle or towards the end of the trip, so if Thurs and the weekends are good that's perfect.

Now, it's just a matter of arranging the itinerary :)

Well, I'll be there the 18-23. I'll probably be at the AC on PI every night during my stay. So I'll be adding to the crowds a little on those nights. ;)

But it sounds like each night has a lot of people anyhow? They play the same type of music each time, right? Maybe it doesn't matter which night we go? We originally had it planned for either friday or saturday night.

marriedmarylander said:
But it sounds like each night has a lot of people anyhow? They play the same type of music each time, right? Maybe it doesn't matter which night we go? We originally had it planned for either friday or saturday night.

What kind of music are you guys into? Generally yes... various DJs and bands work different times, of course, and some are naturally better than others. And the PI folks (like all good entertainers) seem to play to the crowd if they notice a big demographic of one sort or another any given night.

I can't prove it, but it seems as the hour gets later things get a little edgier (well, as edgy as it ever gets at WDW :) ) and modern. The live bands frequently will move from, say, a Beatles set early in the evening to playing sets with Green Day and Beastie Boys covers(or whatever) in them after midnight.

marriedmarylander said:

I know one night we went b/c my best friend was very excited to hear the 80's music at 8trax and we were there on the wrong night for that. so there is some variation.

cityofweasels said:
What kind of music are you guys into? .

To be honest... hip hop is the only thing I can dance too.
I really can't stand beastie boys, bands, 80s music,etc...
Some house/techno is good but depends on the DJ.

So I guess most clubs don't even play what I like huh?
I guess we'll be at the BET soundstage ;)

Unless there is a night that one of the other clubs plays hip hop and we can club hop.

I doubt any other club will be playing hip hop. They have one club all the way at the end that plays "pop" and you should check out manaquins (sp?) for the revolving dance floor. You are completely free to club hop as you wish (one price ticket) but you'll prolly be happiest at BET.

pixiedust23 said:
I doubt any other club will be playing hip hop. They have one club all the way at the end that plays "pop" and you should check out manaquins (sp?) for the revolving dance floor. You are completely free to club hop as you wish (one price ticket) but you'll prolly be happiest at BET.

I think the Top 40 and "dance" music club would be also good, too.

From all the descriptions it sounds like every club plays different type of music. I guess that's to give everyone something they like!

If you're into hip hop, BET is the place... although it rarely gets enough people in it in my experience (Though I tend to just drift in and back out.) Motion (at the other end of the island) may be worth a look, too... ostensibly Top 40, but there's so much hip hop in that... it gets more people, but is HUGE inside. Mannequins for techno/trance.

If you don't like cover bands or 80s music, you'll want to steer clear of 8Trax and the RRBC.

I still love to wander around PI no matter what night, and crowded or not, its still fun! And for live bands, the Rock n Roll Beach Club is great if Kabang is playing, they're also performing some of their solo stuff so it's all good too!!! And don't forget the new Irish Pub replacing the Jazz Club... :banana: :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter