Is the resort fee mandatory @ Wyndham Palace??

T

TWOOD

I'm wondering if you can decline the resort fee @ the Wyndham Palace like you can @ the Swan & Dolphin? We aren't coffee drinkers and will be there for less than 24 hours total. Thanks!

I was just cruising the topics when I saw this, and it isn't the answer to your question, but we were just in Myrtle Beach for the weekend and stayed at the Wyndham. When we checked in, I noticed there was a comment that a 7% resort fee (about an extra $10 per night!) will be charged. I forgot about it until now. Don't know if my husband said anything about it upon checkout. That's some expensive coffee if that's what it is for!

Last summer when we stayed at the Wyndham for several days I declined to pay for the resort fee at check out and it was removed but I must admit the desk clerk was not thrilled to remove it. However I think these fees should be added into the room rate not extra fees tacked on to catch the consumer unaware. Try asking for it to be removed all they can say is no and you can stop asking if you feel uncomfortable or you can go a step higher and ask for a manager to discuss it with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter