Is the Not-So-Scary-Haloween-Party worth it for a solo trip.

Mr Mannn

Who da Mannn? He da Mannn!
If I paid the extra fee...will it be super crowded? I arrive on a Sunday in October. Monday has no party and I can stay all night. I do NOT need the candy. Nor am I big on meet and greets.

The only reason I would go is if the rides are pretty vacant. What is your experience? Is the parade really that good? The fireworks?

I did it solo and had a blast. Getting pics with Jack and Sally was my favorite part. There were no lines; you get on Fast Pass line and however long it takes you to get to the loading area is about how long you are in line. I also went to all the trick or treat stations and had more than enough Halloween candy to hand out when I got home.

I agree when I went last September I only brought one ticket but had so much fun I ended up going twice. I am going again this year and no doubt will give the sweats out to the kids who trick or treat.

OK. I was going to blow this off, but y'all talked me into it. I called Disney and got a ticket.

A little late, but for what it's worth, as a frequent solo traveler I would go to the Halloween Party over the Christmas(much more expensive and crowded, but I hate Christmas anyway, and love Halloween).

A little late, but for what it's worth, as a frequent solo traveler I would go to the Halloween Party over the Christmas(much more expensive and crowded, but I hate Christmas anyway, and love Halloween).

All of these are good to know! I went to MVMCP solo a couple years ago and was surprised at how crowded it was, almost felt like a waste of money. Going to MNSSHP this fall so glad to hear that it should be a better experience.

All of these are good to know! I went to MVMCP solo a couple years ago and was surprised at how crowded it was, almost felt like a waste of money. Going to MNSSHP this fall so glad to hear that it should be a better experience.

It's partly about what you expect to get out of it and when you go. Someone not into Halloween it wouldn't be worth it for, but I personally prefer a fun, gentler side to Halloween over the Haunted House type ones, though I may hit HHN this year if I can make a return trip. I personally am going in August or September for MNSSHP, but I have heard that crowds are decent at least through the first week of October then it gets crowded, and of course weekday parties will be better than weekend. Like I said though, I would be unlikely to pay for a MVMCP because I am not a fan of the holiday itself.

I'm booked for both Disneyland and WDW's parties a week apart this year and I can't wait. The part is in California Adventure this year and while a lot of people aren't happy about this I'm really looking forward to it.

Well I got my ticket. mid week second week in October. Disney sent it UPS right to my door.

You are gonn ahve a great time! I LOVE going to MNSSHP solo! I do lots of trick or treating. LOL

One of the things I LOVE about MNSSHP is checking out all of the costumes being worn by guests!
Some are so amazing, and you never know what you'll see.

I have been torn between which party to do this year. So, the plan is do the very last MNSSHP and staying 10 days I can do the first MVMCP! This way I get them both. No regrets!🖤

MNSSHP is so much fun! I love collecting candy. The parade and fireworks are also my fave and an absolute blast. I highly recommend it. :)

If I have the option to choose between MNSSHP and After Hours solo, which should I pick?

Cannot speak from experience.......yet (I'm doing both this August), but from what I've heard After Hours is better if you want to ride rides, where the Party is more about meet and greets and the experience.

I love this party as a solo, but as with most things, it can be whatever you want it to be. I have used it to ride the rides and ignored most of the party stuff...but don’t skip the parade, it is very cool. After a few years, I liked it for the character pics and made it my mission to get as many as possible. I think this is a fun event, if you like Halloween and Disney. Also, I never went on the trick or treat trails but always came home with so much candy! Sounds like you have paid for your ticket so go, enjoy and make it your own!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!