Is the nighttime safari at Kidani the same as AK?

GeneralTso

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to figure out if it's the same as the safari ride at AK?
Seems like it's just the savannah around Animal Kingdom Lodge, with night vision goggles.

Would love to hear opinions on what your experience was.

We went and loved it, but be aware that it is the savanna around the lodge and not at all at the area where the AK safari is. So while you won't see lions or elephants, you do get a very good view of antelope, giraffes, and other animals that live on the savanna. It's also very much a small group experience and you will be shown around by folks who actually take care of the animals and the program there, so they are extremely knowledgeable and it's easy to have a conversation with them due to the small tour group size. We did have one particular giraffe put its entire head in the vehicle, which was very cool! Also plan for a late night -- we found the timing great for the tour and then a midnight snack and drink at Sanaa which happens to be where you check in for this experience.

We went and loved it, but be aware that it is the savanna around the lodge and not at all at the area where the AK safari is. So while you won't see lions or elephants, you do get a very good view of antelope, giraffes, and other animals that live on the savanna. It's also very much a small group experience and you will be shown around by folks who actually take care of the animals and the program there, so they are extremely knowledgeable and it's easy to have a conversation with them due to the small tour group size. We did have one particular giraffe put its entire head in the vehicle, which was very cool! Also plan for a late night -- we found the timing great for the tour and then a midnight snack and drink at Sanaa which happens to be where you check in for this experience.

This is exactly true - I feel like it's a much more about learning about the animals and how they are cared for than the safari ride at Animal Kingdom. The guide works with the animals daily, knows their names and family history, and tells you a lot how the animals are cared for at Disney. I thought it was well worth it.

Didn’t even know this existed, thinking of booking it now. Husband is getting tired of just doing parks all day and night, this sounds like it will be an awesome break in my commando park mode.

We did it last year and loved it. As the previous posters have said, it's a very different experience from the safari ride in AK. Much more intimate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter