Is the Muppet 3D movie theater closing?

You got to tell me more about the Incredibles ride. How would they retheme it to fit with tower? It seems so perfect as is.

It would be similar to the tower in California. But the Hollywood version thankfully has the luxury of having more space to showcase the characters. The line will be an attraction on its own. In it you will be shown the different suits that Edna Mode has made like in the first film.

An actual Edna animatronic will showcase them while sitting in a chair above the spectators. It will be similar to the Rocket Raccoon one in location. The animatronic will be in the newly rethemed study section of the line. This is where she shows the different costumes for "The Incredibles". Perhaps a few costumes will still need some more testing out though. The ride itself will show our favorite super family and Frozone testing out their different abilities in different ways. They'll be interrupted though when supervillians decide to crash the party.

Last edited:
If you had 4-5 well themed lands in Hollywood Studios that included Toy Story, Star Wars, Incredibles and Cars then you'll have a park that will rival MK in attendance year in and year out.

I concur, I didn't think it was even possible. But if they do manage to put in some Pixar lands and maybe Indy we got us a battle. Magic has never seen such elite competition before.

I don't believe anything until I see it. Even the people on wdwmagic tend to sound like liars to me.

here's just some examples

July 30, 2015: WDWNT.com is reporting that Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Walt Disney: One Man's Dream are expected to close before the end of the fiscal year, September 27, 2015. WDWMagic.com user marni1971 has also reported that he has heard similar information.

April 8, 2015: WDWMagic.com user WDW1974 has reported that the Tangled: The Musical show that's coming to the Disney Cruise line is still likely for Disney's Hollywood Studios.

September 24, 2012: Entertainment Cast Member and WDWMagic.com user drew81 posted a rumor that Voyage of the Little Mermaid would soon be replaced by a Phineas and Ferb stage show.

April 15, 2017: WDWMagic.com user WDW1974 is reporting that The Enchanted Tiki Room may be on the chopping block. He mentioned a few possibilities including an outright replacement or a version that's comparable to the one in Japan that features Stitch.

November 14, 2017: WDWMagic.com user marni1971 has stated that Moana is still the front runner to "join" the Tiki Birds.

Since it’s going to be an Incredibles land they’ll definitely have to ditch the Beauty in the Beast show. As far as I know they live in France not in Metroville.

Since it’s going to be an Incredibles land they’ll definitely have to ditch the Beauty in the Beast show. As far as I know they live in France not in Metroville.

Yeah, I’d rather see B&B in their rightful place in Magic. The show (or ride from Japan) can take the spot of the child’s play they’ve got there. It’s seeming more out of place at HS each year. With all of the new lands, attractions and retheming of the whole park.

I don't believe anything until I see it. Even the people on wdwmagic tend to sound like liars to me.

July 30, 2015: WDWNT.com is reporting that Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Walt Disney: One Man's Dream are expected to close before the end of the fiscal year, September 27, 2015. WDWMagic.com user marni1971 has also reported that he has heard similar information.

April 8, 2015: WDWMagic.com user WDW1974 has reported that the Tangled: The Musical show that's coming to the Disney Cruise line is still likely for Disney's Hollywood Studios.

September 24, 2012: Entertainment Cast Member and WDWMagic.com user drew81 posted a rumor that Voyage of the Little Mermaid would soon be replaced by a Phineas and Ferb stage show.

April 15, 2017: WDWMagic.com user WDW1974 is reporting that The Enchanted Tiki Room may be on the chopping block. He mentioned a few possibilities including an outright replacement or a version that's comparable to the one in Japan that features Stitch.

November 14, 2017: WDWMagic.com user marni1971 has stated that Moana is still the front runner to "join" the Tiki Birds.
Things change and evolve over time. Most people don’t flat out lie.

Would they still keep Animation Courtyard/Mickey Avenue open? Because it doesn’t seem like it would fit in the new rumored theming for “Disney’s Hollywood Adventure”.

Would they still keep Animation Courtyard/Mickey Avenue open? Because it doesn’t seem like it would fit in the new rumored theming for “Disney’s Hollywood Adventure”.

It looks like it will be eventually rethemed and in a few years parts of it will have to be bulldozed for future developments. Disney Junior should be fine, but I wouldn’t bet on the rest staying passed 2020.

It would be similar to the tower in California. But the Hollywood version thankfully has the luxury of having more space to showcase the characters. The line will be an attraction on its own. In it you will be shown the different suits that Edna Mode has made like in the first film.

An actual Edna animatronic will showcase them while sitting in a chair above the spectators. It will be similar to the Rocket Raccoon one in location. The animatronic will be in the newly rethemed study section of the line. This is where she shows the different costumes for "The Incredibles". Perhaps a few costumes will still need some more testing out though. The ride itself will show our favorite super family and Frozone testing out their different abilities in different ways. They'll be interrupted though when supervillians decide to crash the party.

Yea I viewed it as something similar too if they did an Incredibles retheme. The building as a whole could be rethemed as a museum of superheroes with a bunch of their suits and tech. Love the idea of an Edna animatronic for the preshow. But yea be similar as you as going up to another exhibit floor the museum gets attacked by a new villain and the Incredibles and Frozone have to save the day. Could say that they were there for the grand opening. The whole are could be themed around the grand openeing of the museum and work in the meet and greet to the story of the ride even. The family was there for the opening and you can meet them outside. Since they were already there meeting the crowds they were on site to fight the villain right away.

While I wound't hate this though I'd rather them keep it as is. Ok if they removed the Twilight Zone theming but just have to update the preshow video and a couple effects but coudl keep the story and overall experience the same.

Martin aka marni1971 is one of the most truthful people on any forum regarding rumors. He has a LOT of insider information and yes, it's not always accurate, because Disney's plans can change frequently. He almost never says things are guaranteed, but trust me when I say, he knows people that know things within both Disney and Universal and he shares what he can, when things are able to be shared and valid.

He also is one of the best historians regarding Disney parks anywhere with his video series of extinct attractions.

He also is one of the best historians regarding Disney parks anywhere with his video series of extinct attractions.

Whoa, I didn't realize he had videos online, I'd love to check em out. Is it like Yesterworld?

Last edited:
Cars Land and Incredibles have to be phases 3 and 4 on the list. Because the Muppet section or whatever they're calling it HAS to remain just a line for Galaxy’s Edge for least 2 years. Any place else in the park would have to be able to pull the crowds away from GE.

I can only imagine what it’s going to look like in rinky dink Disneyland. The Californians will have to eat their avocado sandwiches with whole grain bread while waiting in line.

Cars Land and Incredibles have to be phases 3 and 4 on the list. Because the Muppet section or whatever they're calling it HAS to remain just a line for Galaxy’s Edge for least 2 years. Any place else in the park would have to be able to pull the crowds away from GE.

I can only imagine what it’s going to look like in rinky dink Disneyland. The Californians will have to eat their avocado sandwiches with whole grain bread while waiting in line.

They could also end up being phase never.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter