Is the Muppet 3D movie theater closing?

I’ve heard the planned future lands for Hollywood Studios are

Monsters Inc
Indiana Jones
Incredibles

and
Cars Land

Incredibles would include a complete retheme of Sunset Boulevard and Tower of Terror. While neighbor Rock n Rollercoaster would become Cars related and be about getting to the Piston Cup.

Monsters Inc
Indiana Jones
Incredibles

and
Cars Land

Incredibles would include a complete retheme of Sunset Boulevard and Tower of Terror. While neighbor Rock n Rollercoaster would become Cars related and be about getting to the Piston Cup.
curious if your information is up to date? I am pretty sure the cars land idea has been put on kabosh, as was Monsters Inc. Incredibles would be fun, but they just added the new meet and greet area. also on Cars land, why redo RnRC be rethemed into Cars? I grant they are adding the new show to the new flex theater, but that really seems a reach.

I would LOVE a restage of Indiana Jones - especially if we got the ride where the stunt show is, and maybe retheme Star Tours to Indy as well!

I don’t know what they were thinking with putting in Aerosmith in the first place. There aren’t that many bands that stand the test of time. The ride concept doesn’t really fit with the original theme of the park either.

Aerosmith has had a major hit in four different decades and are the best selling hard rock group of all time. The coaster was built right after Armageddon when Aerosmith was very popular among Millennial kids, and their GenX/Baby Boomer parents. How many bands can you think of that had mass three generational appeal, including with teens? Maybe the Beatles? But not when they were still active.

The Aerosmith theme might be getting a little long in the tooth now (I don't think so), but 20 years for a band themed anything is pretty good.

It would probably just be an easy retheme since it is already based on a vehicle and driving as is. Could easily theme the outside to be some of the shops from Radiator Springs and the preshow be the interior and a video about McQueen getting ready and having to hurry to the race with you in tow.
Not saying this should happen persay but could see why they would pick that theme. Overall be ok with this getting retheremed and could expand it across behind sunset Blvd towards the animation courtyard too, maybe into an Incredibles area there too if wanted. Just agree with above poster that I woulnd't want Sunset Blvd itself and Tower of Terror changed. Be fine if they removed Twilight Zone but kept it same otherwise though.

Last edited:
curious if your information is up to date? I am pretty sure the cars land idea has been put on kabosh, as was Monsters Inc. Incredibles would be fun, but they just added the new meet and greet area. also on Cars land, why redo RnRC be rethemed into Cars? I grant they are adding the new show to the new flex theater, but that really seems a reach.

I would LOVE a restage of Indiana Jones - especially if we got the ride where the stunt show is, and maybe retheme Star Tours to Indy as well!

They are still talking about doing a smaller version of the Cars Land in California. It still would consist of three whole attractions though (2 current ones and Luigi's). It would be much cheaper than the first version because they wouldn't have to make RSR or do as much detailed rockwork.

Aerosmith has had a major hit in four different decades and are the best selling hard rock group of all time. The coaster was built right after Armageddon when Aerosmith was very popular among Millennial kids, and their GenX/Baby Boomer parents. How many bands can you think of that had mass three generational appeal, including with teens? Maybe the Beatles? But not when they were still active.

The Aerosmith theme might be getting a little long in the tooth now (I don't think so), but 20 years for a band themed anything is pretty good.

The problem is that they do have an expiration date. Attractions based on animated movies on the other hand can be popular forever (Peter Pan, Snow White, Alice in Wonderland, etc). Plus they are more likely to sell merchandise from these films than say "Aerosmith", "Rolling Stones" or even possibly the greatest band ever "the Beatles". They are doing are retheme in Disneyland Paris, so expect one here as well.

How does Aerosmith not fit the Hollywood studios theme? They are rockstars!

When you think of a studio in the actual Hollywood California, do you think of rockstars? Nope, you think of movie sets and productions. Thus it doesn't actually fit with the old theming at all.

It doesn't even fit with the new theming of "being in the movies" either.

Last edited:
I don’t think they will make a new land after Star Wars for at least 5-10 years. They’re going to want to do what they usually do with their current projects and milk it for every drop. Look at Frozen, they are still trying to make money off of the first one.

Last edited:

Monsters Inc
Indiana Jones
Incredibles

and
Cars Land

If Hollywood did everything you have said, it would possibly be the best park in Florida (and perhaps the galaxy). It would definitely challenge the top dog for the moment, Magic Kingdom. But the one problem with your ideas and rumors is that it would cost like a trillion dollars and about a million Mickey ice cream bars to complete.

They are still talking about doing a smaller version of the Cars Land in California. It still would consist of three whole attractions though (2 current ones and Luigi's). It would be much cheaper than the first version because they wouldn't have to make RSR or do as much detailed rockwork.

Sorry just don't buy it. Swirling Saucers is basically the Mater ride as it is, and didn't they take Luigi's out of DL cause it kept breaking down? Not going to happen, I do agree it was discussed prior to SWL and TSL, but not happening now.

Sorry just don't buy it. Swirling Saucers is basically the Mater ride as it is, and didn't they take Luigi's out of DL cause it kept breaking down? Not going to happen, I do agree it was discussed prior to SWL and TSL, but not happening now.

They got rid of Luigis's Flying Tires because it just didn't work very well. It was replaced by Luigi's Rollickin Roadsters.

I said the attraction they would be getting is Luigi's, not the Mater one. The land would consist of a rethemed RnR, the new theater and Luigi's.

Monsters Inc
Indiana Jones
Incredibles

and
Cars Land

I don't see the need to retheme the Sunset Boulevard area -- unless they get rid of Tower of Terror .. then it probably should be rethemed.

But I don't see them retheming DHS that much more so soon after Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land.

I don't see the need to retheme the Sunset Boulevard area -- unless they get rid of Tower of Terror .. then it probably should be rethemed.

But I don't see them retheming DHS that much more so soon after Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land.

Yeah, I don’t think they would change tower. Unless it is just to take Twilight out of it and make it just a haunted hotel. With the Mickey hat and ears gone it seems like it has become the icon for the park.

I can see why they would go with "The Incredibles" Land instead of a "Guardians" Land. Hollywood already will has their space section that will open later this year. They would spread out the similarly themed lands by putting "Guardians" in Epcot. This way each park would have their own space section. Tomorrowland, Futureworld, Star Wars and Pandora.

Last edited:
It could easily be changed to fit a certain Monster show from Tomorrowland. (;);)) And the city environment could be easily changed to fit a certain Monster city. (;);))

Don't you dare say such things. It's one thing to kill my muppets show for Star Wars; it's another to kill them for that monstrosity. At least linking Startours with SWGE makes sense.

Don't you dare say such things. It's one thing to kill my muppets show for Star Wars; it's another to kill them for that monstrosity. At least linking Star tours with SWGE makes sense.

They can't have half of the park be Star Wars related. I love the franchise very much and grew up with it. But that would be way too much land dedicated to one IP. They would have made it its own park if they were going to do that.

Yeah, I’d start standing in line right now for the dsource version of the park. But like you said earlier about Guardians there are 3 other parks Disney has to think about. They aren’t going to put all their eggs in one basket.

You got to tell me more about the Incredibles ride. How would they retheme it to fit with tower? It seems so perfect as is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter