Is the Muppet 3D movie theater closing?

I love Monsters Inc, but Disney would have to determine if it has any gas left in the tank? They would have to have a future one in the pipeline. One with either Sully falling in love and/or with Mike having some monster babies.

That is the biggest thing to me for it. It's a well thought of movie but it's not the most relevant. However, they do have a show based around it coming out for their streaming platform that will bring it back into current view.

Disney must intend to make more Monsters Inc’s films. If they didn’t they wouldn’t be thinking of creating a whole land for it. You don’t have to look far for examples at Hollywood with Toy Story Land and Galaxy’s Edge. Both movie franchise’s are still going strong, especially Star Wars. Which has no end in sight.

There’s also Pandora at Animal that is building on a franchise that has just started.

Disney must intend to make more Monsters Inc’s films. If they didn’t they wouldn’t be thinking of creating a whole land for it. You don’t have to look far for examples at Hollywood with Toy Story Land and Galaxy’s Edge. Both movie franchise’s are still going strong, especially Star Wars. Which has no end in sight.

There’s also Pandora at Animal that is building on a franchise that has just started.
Is there anything but rumors to substantiate this? Also as I remember the Monsters rumors were quite some time ago and never seemed to gain much traction if any.

Is there anything but rumors to substantiate this? Also as I remember the Monsters rumors were quite some time ago and never seemed to gain much traction if any.
There was the door coaster a long time ago that was an actual plan but was scrapped. Would’ve went in stage 1 where the toy story third track went.

There was the door coaster a long time ago that was an actual plan but was scrapped. Would’ve went in stage 1 where the toy story third track went.
That is what I was thinking. Haven’t heard or read about anything since that would lead me to believe an entire Land is on the table.

On our trip last summer we wound up at DHS almost every evening at the kids’request. We just love the feel of the park. They love love love Star Tours and Muppet Vision also. Spending time in Grand Avenue made me feel that Disney is going to keep that awesome feeling and I hope they will. Hoping Muppet Vision gets updated and not replaced. Kermit is my DS (5) favorite character!

That is what I was thinking. Haven’t heard or read about anything since that would lead me to believe an entire Land is on the table.
In defense of disneysource11 - I THOUGHT at one time, when SW:GE and TSL placement was up in the air, there was a rumored Monsters Inc miniland also being looked at, that brought back to life the door coaster...I believe Martin infered that at one time.

However, that was back when SW:GE was going in the Indy area(which was including expanding park out into the parking lot) and moving TSL more into LMA area, leaving space in animation area for more stuff. But it was killed once they decided they needed more speed for SW and moved that to LMA area instead.

Again, this has been a while, so not sure.

But yeah, DS11 is reaching here....

I don’t think it’s going to happen. Because if they were going to make a Monsters Inc section they wouldn’t have taken down so many exterior buildings on Streets of America.

P.S. sorry about the abnormally long sentence.

OP, it's funny you ask, because for the longest time I've had it in my mind as well that it was going under a refurbishment of some sort, but couldn't recall why I had that impression. For some reason I have a memory of Disunplugged talking about something related to this, but based off these responses, it doesn't sound like it's going anywhere. Odd.

I don’t think it’s going to happen. Because if they were going to make a Monsters Inc section they wouldn’t have taken down so many exterior buildings on Streets of America.

P.S. sorry about the abnormally long sentence.

It would probably be best if they redid the left side of the street anyways. The hotel part didn’t look very Monsters Inc esque. It had a lot of open space with nothing going on.

It’s too bad Marvel couldn’t be put in Hollywood. That would be the biggest land no brainer of all their IP’s.

I don’t think Universal wants let Disney have Marvel. They could probably offer them all of Fox and they’d still say no and hangup on them.

If they didn’t put Guardians at Epcot they could have done a whole land for them at Hollywood. That was one of the early rumors that I heard was a possibility. It would have included a retheme of both Rock n Rollercoaster and Tower. But they felt Epcot needed the IP more because the studios was getting Star Wars and Toy Story.

If they didn’t put Guardians at Epcot they could have done a whole land for them at Hollywood. That was one of the early rumors that I heard was a possibility. It would have included a retheme of both Rock n Rollercoaster and Tower. But they felt Epcot needed the IP more because the studios was getting Star Wars and Toy Story.

It definitely makes more sense than a Monster Inc retheme. A large audience of parkgoers who love Monsters Inc wouldn’t be able to go on RnR because of the height restriction.

It definitely makes more sense than a Monster Inc retheme. A large audience of parkgoers who love Monsters Inc wouldn’t be able to go on RnR because of the height restriction.

Yep, a lot of little children wouldn't be able to go on it. Not to mention Ewoks, Jawas and Porgs.

I don’t know what they were thinking with putting in Aerosmith in the first place. There aren’t that many bands that stand the test of time. The ride concept doesn’t really fit with the original theme of the park either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter