Is the DVC Show the best of all Disboards programming?

CHEMISTSP

Unapologetic Disney Nerd
Now that the DVC show has had a multitude of episodes under production, I feel that it has quietly become the best show of all of the Disboard programs. Pete’s passion for the DVC product and a consistent stable of informed guests have equated to an entertaining and informative show. Pete Schiedle, in particular, has been an amazing addition to the team. I really appreciate Pete Werner tapping into informative contributors from the Disboards and bringing them onto the show. I am not a DVC member, but the strengths of this show keep me coming back every week. A job well done!

That said, I have been equally disappointed with the flagship show over the last several months. I think it has been really inconsistent and too easily off-the-rails. It used to be more about information and opinions about Disney parks that was unparalleled to any other show. I feel it has suffered from a lack of consistent guests (not enough John, Kevin and Pete) as well as their inability to replace Charles. The fact that people still ask about him is a tribute to how much he meant to the fans of this show. He brought a sincere seriousness to the show that balanced the frequent snarky banter from other guests. Maybe the new guest will become a regular and add something to make this show special for me again. I will remain hopeful :)

inability to replace Charles. The fact that people still ask about him is a tribute to how much he meant to the fans of this show
I'm not sure how long you've been listening and frequenting the podcast section of the DIS, but this happens every time a member leaves.
Charles' thread seems tame when i think back to Shaun Thompson, Jenilynn and Dustin's departures.

I'm not sure how long you've been listening and frequenting the podcast section of the DIS, but this happens every time a member leaves.
Charles' thread seems tame when i think back to Shaun Thompson, Jenilynn and Dustin's departures.
I am a long-time listener. All of their departures also impacted the shows. For example, IMO the Universal Show was better with Jenilynn, but Craig and Ryno do a great job with that show so it is not much of a drop off. Again, I am hopeful that the addition of Deni elevates the WDW Show to a better place then it has been lately.

Not for me it isn't. I can't listen to that show at all! Every episode I've tried, someone is breathing into their mic so heavily it grosses me out. Not sure if it's the Skype guy of someone in the studio but its all I can hear.

I really like the DVC show (and I have no plans of buying into it). The show is very informative, professional, and everyone on it contributes to the conversation. I agree that the regular weekly show seems to get off the rails too quickly, often going off on tangents. Also, I don't mind some sarcasm, but some of the crew can't get a thought off before being interrupted. As a result, I stopped listening to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter