Is Splash Mountain closed every February?

HollyL

Mouseketeer
I did some research looking for a refurb schedule for February 2020, and I saw something about Splash Mountain usually being down January - February, but it didn't list anything concrete. We were planning on going February 2-8 (their school is on break that week, and it looks like it will be a really slow week to go), and my 8 year old daugher will be so disappointed over it as it's her absolute favorite ride, although I don't really see it as a deal breaker. I'm sure Grizzly River over at DCA is closed that time of the year, right? She loves that one too, but I will not be disappointed over that one, as I always seem to get drenched more than anyone else in the raft.

Thanks!!!

Nope this year it was grizzly closed and splash open. Next year will most likely be splash close and grizzly open.

What you saw may have been from Walt Disney World (or someone relaying that information but getting the resort wrong). Splash Mountain in WDW will close January 6 and stay closed through late February.

Thanks! I'll cross my fingers, but I will mentally prepare my daughter because she has it in her head, that she is going to ride it 10 times.

... We were planning on going February 2-8 (their school is on break that week, and it looks like it will be a really slow week to go)...
Be cautious about basing your DLR trip planning on crowd calendars. There aren't really any popular ones that are reliable for DLR (Most accurate crowd calendars?). With ROTR opening in mid-January, no one really knows how that will affect crowd patterns for DLR. Your dates could be low crowds or not -- so just be prepared to be flexible.

Oh, I've learned that lesson after going in late April last year. "Isitpacked.com" predicted a "ghost town", and it was packed. We have school break that week, so it's a good time for us to go, plus airfare was dirt cheap, and there are good hotel deals. The only other time that we may have available would be spring break (2nd week of March) and everything is more expensive that week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!