Is resort parking fee still waived if you have a place card?

Outside of here I have not found any info on waiving the parking fee for handicapped plates. Am I not looking in the right spot on the Disney site?

Outside of here I have not found any info on waiving the parking fee for handicapped plates. Am I not looking in the right spot on the Disney site?
It does not specify on the website but when you are there when they mention the parking fee you just let them know you have it and they will waive it no problem.

Yeah, I think they are not making it public so folks who don't know, don't ask and pay.

We tested in October for 3 nights and were not charged. Heading back in January so will test it again.

Here is my theory ........... Disney is a popular destination for folks with disabilities and MANY have Handicapped plates/cards. Disney is in legal compliance on the ratio of parking spots dedicated as H but there are no way enough spots for all who need them. We often get back to hotel not only unable to get one but the closest regular spot is way out the lane. If they say to me they want me to pay for a spot, I will be pushing for them to provide us a H spot. They don't want to do that so they pacify us with no charge.

Yeah, I think they are not making it public so folks who don't know, don't ask and pay.

We tested in October for 3 nights and were not charged. Heading back in January so will test it again.

Here is my theory ........... Disney is a popular destination for folks with disabilities and MANY have Handicapped plates/cards. Disney is in legal compliance on the ratio of parking spots dedicated as H but there are no way enough spots for all who need them. We often get back to hotel not only unable to get one but the closest regular spot is way out the lane. If they say to me they want me to pay for a spot, I will be pushing for them to provide us a H spot. They don't want to do that so they pacify us with no charge.

Yeah my parents had to park very far away last week even with a handicap card.
Something that I was not at all aware of until now is that apparently if you are staying offsite and let them know when you arrive at the parking lots they also will not charge you.
My parents have had the handicap card on and off since 1999 and have only stayed onsite a handful of times. Do you know how much they have paid in parking fees at the parks in 20 years? I told them next time they stay offsite and go to the parks mention it and see if they really do get free parking.

Yeah my parents had to park very far away last week even with a handicap card.
Something that I was not at all aware of until now is that apparently if you are staying offsite and let them know when you arrive at the parking lots they also will not charge you.
My parents have had the handicap card on and off since 1999 and have only stayed onsite a handful of times. Do you know how much they have paid in parking fees at the parks in 20 years? I told them next time they stay offsite and go to the parks mention it and see if they really do get free parking.

Hmmm, I've never heard that. I have moved most our stays offsite since the security checks but I have AP so we don't pay to park anyway.

Last edited:
Just returned from a stay at Pop Century. We rented a car and had with us my Mom's handicapped placard. We mentioned it at the front desk when we were checking in and we were not charged for parking. I agree that there are not enough spots in the lots. We were at Pop Century for 5 days and I never was able to park in a handicapped spot, regardless of what time of day we returned to the resort. For me, I drove to the ramp area closest to our building and unloaded my Mom and her walker, and then went to find a parking spot. During our 5 day stay, I noticed that none of the vehicles parked in the 6 handicapped spots moved the entire 5 days we were there.

Just returned from a stay at Pop Century. We rented a car and had with us my Mom's handicapped placard. We mentioned it at the front desk when we were checking in and we were not charged for parking. I agree that there are not enough spots in the lots. We were at Pop Century for 5 days and I never was able to park in a handicapped spot, regardless of what time of day we returned to the resort. For me, I drove to the ramp area closest to our building and unloaded my Mom and her walker, and then went to find a parking spot. During our 5 day stay, I noticed that none of the vehicles parked in the 6 handicapped spots moved the entire 5 days we were there.
I rarely move my car during my stay.

That is too bad. On trips where we are using mostly Disney transportation, I don't take one of those spots and just place my car under lights.

I'm not sure where this info comes from, but there is no charge for offsite visitors to the resorts, so no charge to be waived. That would be people dining or shopping or whatever.

I also think the waiving of the parking fee for HA is somewhat of an "offset" because many times there are no close parking spots. That's why they offer free valet at deluxe, so it would stand to reason they would extend to the moderates and values with the overnight fee. I suspect it isn't advertised because the resorts could be inundated with phony placards.

Enjoy your vacation!

I'm not sure where this info comes from, but there is no charge for offsite visitors to the resorts, so no charge to be waived. That would be people dining or shopping or whatever.

I also think the waiving of the parking fee for HA is somewhat of an "offset" because many times there are no close parking spots. That's why they offer free valet at deluxe, so it would stand to reason they would extend to the moderates and values with the overnight fee. I suspect it isn't advertised because the resorts could be inundated with phony placards.

Enjoy your vacation!

I think she's talking about the parks.

Enjoy your vacation!
Sorry I may have confused you. I was referring to free parking AT THE PARKS.

Fwiw I have never heard of this. Where did you hear of it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!